Weddington Middle School 4

Posted April 01, 2014
My child has been sad to see favorite teachers leave this school, because teacher pay is so low in NC. The school has computers but doesn't have enough money for textbooks. This is especially difficult when it comes to math. NC schools have almost the lowest per student and teacher pay in the country, and this school does as well as it can under circumstances.

Weddington Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2014
Not very affective with bullying..we have peace out purple out once a month but its not enough. half the kids see it as an opportunity to wear their favorite color. theres cliques, and cheerleaders and football players act as if they are higher than others. bullying on buses, laughing at students when they dont know the answer, its hard to find a place where you feel safe. drama,rumours, im glad im applying to Central Academy of Technology and Arts (Union County Career Center), and amazing school that prepares you for college and beyond, its an amazing high school and id much rather go there than to go to Weddington High School, which i can only imagine is full of even more drama.

Weddington Middle School 2

Posted May 25, 2013
MWS has been my daughters middle school for 3 years, 6th and 7th grade were fine, Her teachers were engaged, my daughter enjoyed her education and excelled. But 8th grade took a turn from bad to really awfull. One teacher assigned too much homework, forgot to teach and my daughter needed help. I attempted to get help. I email the teacher, 5, 7 days would pass befor I would get a response. Her responses were short, abrupt and annoyed. I have always supported the staff and the tough job they have. But their attitude toward me was rude, How dare I ask a question, how dare I, the parent, get involved in my childs education. They hung up on me, the resorted to calling me names saying I was acting like a child, and being difficult. They refused to answer my questions. The staff and specifically the administration have forgotten that I am the customer. I choose to bring my child to them for education and they have no right to treat me with disrespect, talk down to me or ignore me. The staff and the principal need to realize that they may be paid by the county but I am their costomer and I will be heard even if you hang up the phone on me.

Posted January 10, 2013
I love Weddinton middle! The teachers are awesome, the education is great. I cold never have wished for a better school!!!!!!

Posted November 20, 2012
I can't say enough good things about Weddington Middle School. Both of my children attended private elementary school so I was sensitive to their transition into a much larger, public middle school. The exceptional leadership, extremely capable and accomplished teaching staff and the positive, supportive student environment provides the foundation for Weddington Middle, one of this state's most accompished public schools. I would recommend Weddington to any family interested in offering their child a middle school experience that will lay the groundwork for success in high school and beyond.

Weddington Middle School 1

Posted November 24, 2011
I am now in high school at CATA (central academy of technology and arts ) but I went to weddington for middle school. Let me tell you that all 3 years for me were my own personal hell. I was constantly bullied until sometimes I went home crying. I am forever scared by the tourture of weddington I still go to counsoling today and its been almost 6 or 7 months since I left. My only friend. Is still there and she says people still talk about me. If your a good parent and you take your time to read this DO NOT SEND YOUR KID TO WEDDINGTON MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Posted September 20, 2011
My son is in 8th grade and came from a private school in the north. Since he walked in the door in 6th grade, I am constantly impressed with the dedication and committment of the faculty. The principal is extremely focused on the well being and development of all the students. We are thrilled with the enviroment and feel the welcoming and appreciative attitude towards the parents help make the school experience extremely positive. This school is a bright spot in our transplant to NC, and highly reccommend to anyone.

Weddington Middle School 1

Posted September 08, 2011
I am new at WMS and I just started 7th grade. I came from Charlotte Preparatory School and I hope to be reunited with that school next semester. At the tour that I took of the school, it seamed nice, and above average public school, nothing to to special. So I was excited to go to my first day of school there, but now, I wish that I never switched schools. There are alot of clicks and other problems like that. I used to be a cheerleader but at this school the cheerleaders are so mean and I never want to be one... There are these girls that just have something agenst me for no apparent reason they are very annoying. So off the subject of social lifes and on to the subject of academics. The academics at weddington are very weak, but this is coming from a girl who went to a prep school so the academics there were outstanding. They are teaching me everything that I learned 2-3 years ago. I am so unhappy in weddington its crazy, spare your child the pain and either send them to charlotte prep, a private school, or a different union county school. Good luck and I wish you the bestin finding a school for you/your child

Weddington Middle School 4

Posted January 20, 2011
WMS is a great school achademically. I have been here for 2 years and I think its great. I have had no problems with bullys and the teachers ar OK.the principal is good and friendly. The teachers really challenge you to do your best. This is a great school with a great atmosphere. I love it.

Posted October 20, 2010
There is a strong sense of community. The staff is supportive of the students and parents. The teachers go above and beyond to provide the highest level of education. The students are given new and exciting tasks in a wide range of areas.

Weddington Middle School
5903 Deal Road, Matthews, NC  28104
Last modified Weddington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weddington Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 74 reviews.