Matthews, NC

Covenant Day School 1

Posted July 08, 2015
I tried to get my daughter into Covenant Day School. I filled out an application, she took the required test, we got all the recommendations from her previous school, everything went great, and we had the interview that we had with the staff there, which was actually as if she was applying for a job at a government office, not like a normal interview for school. But anyways, it seemed everything went great, even the interviewer said so herself. Two weeks later we get a letter in the mail telling us that they "don't have any specific reason for my child" but they didn't think she "was a good fit for the school". The only reason my child wasn't taken in was because we were not of the Catholic denomination, but we were Greek Orthodox. Now, thinking back on it, during our interview, our interviewer stated "there are some differences between Catholic and Orthodox views. Not huge or anything, but there are some. With Catholics, faith in God+ eternal life= good deeds. However, for Orthodox, it's faith in God+good deeds=eternal life" She acted as if this difference meant the world to her. My daughter is on A Honor Roll and she has never been disciplined. Covenant Day's religious discrimination and close-mindedness was their reason for turning down my child. I wouldn't waste a penny on this school, let alone 15,000 dollars every year.

Posted January 14, 2015
We came to CDS from public school and couldn't be happier. All of the teachers and staff have been warm and welcoming and do what ever it takes to help my children be successful. The teachers seem to really like their jobs and the children which is a contrast to where we came from. We never thought we could afford Covenant Day but they are very generous with their financial aid. Highly recommend!

Posted September 25, 2013
I have two children currently at CDS, with a third starting next year. Our children transferred to this school in the middle of the year, after a very stressful move. We cannot say enough about the staff and the school - they were amazing, and did whatever they could to help our children settle and transition. One of the teachers even offered her time over the summer to help my Lower School child catch up. My children couldn't be in a more loving, caring environment. We are very thankful to the staff and administration at CDS, and couldn't rate the school highly enough.
2 people found this helpful

Covenant Day School 1

Posted April 27, 2013
We were @ CDS for K - 7th grade. They suggested we spend the night in the gym the night before registration to make sure we got a spot...and you dance for them from there on out. There is a teacher there known to diagnose ADHD. If labeled, you are forced to have the child attend an extra class @ 5K a class - on top of tuition. This "program" lasts 2 years. Children can't stay at CDS if not put in the program. W/the help of our Dr, we made them believe the child was on Ritalin, as they suggested. After 30 days, teachers were asked to fill in his questinnaire on any progress - they couldn't say enough about the HUGE improvement...little did they know they had been beaten at their own game. Our child was released after 4 months, because the teacher decided they were actually gifted! No refund of the additional tuition, though. When a deacon of the church pulled his kids out, I knew there was life after CDS (and it has been good!). Please know that it is their way or the highway. They want cookie cutter, conforming, white bread kids and parents, that either donate a bunch of $, are well-known or step n' fetch for CDS staff. If that's you, jump in - BUT WITH EYES & WALLET WIDE OPEN!

Posted February 08, 2013
Three years ago, our four children all came to Covenant Day School at different ages after several years of homeschooling. Their transition was seamless, thanks to the school's familiarity with homeschooling and excellent teachers and staff who patiently and lovingly incorporated our children into the traditional school model. The teachers at CDS love teaching and truly desire to assist the parents in developing Christlike character in their children. The academics can be as rigorous as you desire them to be, and the teachers are willing to do whatever they can to help the students succeed in their classes. We have been impressed with the forward thinking leadership, academic excellence, and dedicated teachers at CDS, and would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted January 12, 2013
Our two children have attended CDS for the last 7 years and we all love it! The teachers and principals really care about the children and have an authentic faith. Most of the parents that we have meet are authentic as well and inspire us to be better people. The high school is especially impressive with rigorous academics and a Biblical worldview. We feel so blessed that we have been allowed to attend this wonderful school. Our children have made lifelong friends who have become like members of our family. I wish that I could take some of the classes that my daughter is taking at the high school - AP level courses that are interesting and relevant to our world today.

Posted January 09, 2012
This is our 7th year at Covenant Day. We have three children in Middle School and Lower School. I attended one of the "top" private schools here in Charlotte but it was not a Christian school. We felt strongly that Covenant Day would provide the best education for our children and we have not been disappointed. Our kids learn Singapore Math and Shurley Grammar and Latin. It is academically challenging but unique to other private schools in the area because the teachers incorporate Biblical truth in their teaching. Covenant Day is less expensive than other private schools in our area so the value of this school is amazing.

Posted November 08, 2011
Covenant Day has been a blessing to our family. We are regularly impressed with the quality of the academics as we see what our children are learning, and are thrilled to know that the values we teach at home are being reinforced at school as our children are taught to view all subjects with a Biblical worldview. Our family has been at CDS for 9 years and each of our three children has attended since Kindergarten. The teachers have loved our children well and encouraged our family over the years. We are thankful for Covenant Day's continued commitment to excellence and recommend them highly!

Posted October 25, 2011
Covenant Day School is the perfect fit for our family. We have four children who attend CDS in High School, Middle School, and Lower School. We have been at CDS for 10 years. I would not consider sending them anywhere else. The teachers are nurturing, loving, extremely qualified and genuinely concerned about the spiritual, academic and emotional development of their students. Because of the way the school integrates biblical thinking into every subject matter, my children are learning that Christ is not a separate part of their life but is in all things. They are being well-prepared for college or anything else they may want to pursue. The smaller class size allows the teachers to really meet each child where they are. There is also a real sense of community among the school's families. CDS has a great outward focus, too, teaching the children that service to the community and beyond should be a part of their life. Wonderful school!

Posted October 21, 2011
Covenant Day promotes academic excellence with a Christian world view. The teachers are committed, loving and excellent. The lower and middle school facilities need updating, but I'm not as interested in external buildings as much as the education, physical and spiritual growth of my four children. My wife and I paid a college admissions specialist for 3 hours of her time to teach us processes for application and financial scholarships. She said that CDS is the best all around school in the area. We agree.

Covenant Day School