Matthews, NC
Students enrolled: 1,349

Weddington High School 4

Posted December 09, 2014
Very nice campus, opened in 2000. Has about 1350 students and 75 teachers. Really nice teachers, high achiving students. Has great parent involvment and awesome clubs and sports. The faculty truly cares about you and your education. If you attend Weddington you will have an amazingnhigh school experience and an idea of your future.

Posted November 10, 2014
One of the best school in North Carolina, great start.many patent was very sad after the redistrict. We love Weddington.way to go warrior.

Posted October 18, 2014
This school is challenging and competitive in academics. My children have been able to get the classes they wanted. Athletic teams are also competitive and respected. State Champs at XC, baseball, tennis. Great clubs, something for everyone.

Posted August 31, 2014
I went to several schools all over the east coast, Weddington High was defiantly one of the better public schools I attended... Awesome reputation, minus some of the stuck up students, and staff who think having a German car and a million dollar house is a necessity to become a valuable member of society. Overall one of the best schools in metro south Charlotte!

Posted August 12, 2014
WHS is a fantastic school. I find staff and students top flight. I have had one child go through WHS and is now in college( made Deans list first year) I have another child that is rising Sr and my third child is rising Soph. This school is very committed to developing children in all areas. If you are unhappy with this school, you should remember you get as good as you give!

Posted March 28, 2013
I am currently a freshman enrolled in Weddington High School, also taking three years at Weddington Middle School, and I could not ask for a better high school experience. The teachers are friendly, the community is great, and there are plenty of activities, such as various sports, an upcoming JROTC program, and many, many clubs in which students can use to have fun, or improve themselfs.

Posted February 04, 2012
I have found WHS to be a wonderful school! The teachers are very helpful and go out of their way to help all students. The Guidance Department does need a fresh view of how things should be handled.

Posted February 17, 2011
Although WHS isn't the best at sports, we make up for it in spirit and class. The teachers are generally good, they are a few we could do without, but I have loved most of my teachers. They are always willing to talk to past and present students and give help when needed. The Guidence Department isn't great. They have too many students and too little time, and some counselors don't have the best attitude. Others really watch out for their students and do the best they can with their time. The Theatre Department has been amazing, I love it the In Class Plays (a performing opportunity for theatre classes) they are great as are the afterschool shows. The Foreign Language Department is cool too, they are always busy teaching not just the language, but the culture as well, as shown in International Week (a competion between the different languages) We have fantastic technology (the Macs in the Media Center and all the equipment in the Language Lab) and some really cool club opportunity as well as various National Clubs, and Honor Societies. I love WHS, and as a Sophmore I can't wait to enjoy the next two years here!

Weddington High School 0

Posted April 09, 2009
This school has served me well in my two years, and I know that I am getting the best public school education available.

Weddington High School 4

Posted December 09, 2008

Weddington High School
4901 Monroe-Weddington Road, Matthews, NC  28104
Last modified Weddington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weddington High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top