Posted October 18, 2014
This school is challenging and competitive in academics. My children have been able to get the classes they wanted. Athletic teams are also competitive and respected. State Champs at XC, baseball, tennis. Great clubs, something for everyone.

Posted August 31, 2014
I went to several schools all over the east coast, Weddington High was defiantly one of the better public schools I attended... Awesome reputation, minus some of the stuck up students, and staff who think having a German car and a million dollar house is a necessity to become a valuable member of society. Overall one of the best schools in metro south Charlotte!

Posted August 12, 2014
WHS is a fantastic school. I find staff and students top flight. I have had one child go through WHS and is now in college( made Deans list first year) I have another child that is rising Sr and my third child is rising Soph. This school is very committed to developing children in all areas. If you are unhappy with this school, you should remember you get as good as you give!

Posted March 28, 2013
I am currently a freshman enrolled in Weddington High School, also taking three years at Weddington Middle School, and I could not ask for a better high school experience. The teachers are friendly, the community is great, and there are plenty of activities, such as various sports, an upcoming JROTC program, and many, many clubs in which students can use to have fun, or improve themselfs.

Posted February 04, 2012
I have found WHS to be a wonderful school! The teachers are very helpful and go out of their way to help all students. The Guidance Department does need a fresh view of how things should be handled.

Posted February 17, 2011
Although WHS isn't the best at sports, we make up for it in spirit and class. The teachers are generally good, they are a few we could do without, but I have loved most of my teachers. They are always willing to talk to past and present students and give help when needed. The Guidence Department isn't great. They have too many students and too little time, and some counselors don't have the best attitude. Others really watch out for their students and do the best they can with their time. The Theatre Department has been amazing, I love it the In Class Plays (a performing opportunity for theatre classes) they are great as are the afterschool shows. The Foreign Language Department is cool too, they are always busy teaching not just the language, but the culture as well, as shown in International Week (a competion between the different languages) We have fantastic technology (the Macs in the Media Center and all the equipment in the Language Lab) and some really cool club opportunity as well as various National Clubs, and Honor Societies. I love WHS, and as a Sophmore I can't wait to enjoy the next two years here!

Weddington High School 0

Posted April 09, 2009
This school has served me well in my two years, and I know that I am getting the best public school education available.

Weddington High School 4

Posted December 09, 2008

Weddington High School 4

Posted September 26, 2008
I am a Senior at WHS. Most teachers in this school love teaching and love their students. Sure there are a few teachers who need to retire, but that is not the norm at WHS. Most teachers are available before and after hours to help students. I know that this administration does not cater to the 'high' achievers. Maybe it is becuase the 'high' achiever works harder it feels that way! To generalize about the teachers as bad role models is unfair and wrong. The counselors need more help. They try to do what they can, but they have too many students and not enough help. I have friends who say the same thing about their school in CMS school system. I am glad I go to WHS. .. It is a great school with great kids!

Weddington High School 2

Posted September 24, 2008
I have two children who have graduated from WHS, one this summer and one in 2005. I have to say unless your child participates in all AP classes, no other teacher will care about them. The guidance office is severely lacking. Someone forgot to tell them why they are there. They will do absolutely nothing but the bare minimum to assist in the college application process and they seem to be annoyed to to do that. The new administration is trying to make a difference, but really is only geared to high acheivers. There is no tolerance for any child that does not help their stats. Everyone else will be left behind and feeling worthless. Teachers in general are poor role models. I have found that they do not really care about the kids, more about finding minor rule infractions and enforcing them in the name of high standards. Hah!

Weddington High School
4901 Monroe-Weddington Road, Matthews, NC  28104
Last modified Weddington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weddington High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top