Posted March 21, 2014
Absolutely the best Middle School in Charlotte. The Principle is fantastic, organized, friendly and by-the-book as well. I would strongly recommend Mint Hill Middle.

Mint Hill Middle School 4

Posted March 03, 2014
Mint Hill Middle school, My daughter transferred here from South Charlotte Middle and the atmoshpere is so much better than her previous school. The teachers work just as hard with little pay, It's horrible NC public school systems do not give these teachers and staff more. My complaints are that their academic clubs are very few, What happen to quiz bowl, future business leaders of america, etc? Not every child plays sports. Also, their is one very sarcastic, rude, bitter secretary in the front office that they should fire because she places a damper on the rest of the positive staff. I won't describe her or say her name, but you will notice her negative mood if you ever ask her to anything that requires her to leave her cushioned seat. Horrible service. The school lunch is just as small and boring as any other school. My daughter comes home starving every day if she doesn't pack her lunch, and she is small for height. Cheese sticks is not a well balanced entree? The attention to foreign languages and higher academic classes needs better attention, but other than that they are competitive in this feild.

Mint Hill Middle School 1

Posted October 10, 2013
I like the teachers at this school, but the staff needs to get there act together. How can an adult ( asst. Principle) embarass a child openly for what she is wearing! Its a shame and disgrace to have such a person in charge of our children. I don't think it is appropriate to scold a child for what she has on if as an adult you are walking around in short skirts as well. Bu the way " A walkie talkie doesn't make you important or more respected" doing your job and being there for the kids is what matters! Everyone on staff except a few good people, seem to have their head so far up their butts, it would be impossible to look after our kids! What a shame for the town of Mint Hill.

Posted May 31, 2013
Mint Hill is a great school. I recommend, Mrs. Hughes (Science), Mrs. Shoup (Science), Mrs. Cummins (Math), Mrs. Neff (Math), and Ms. Bostleman. Amazing school, great people, and wonderful academics. I'm moving to Chapel Hill, and I'm going to miss this school so much.

Posted October 01, 2012
I'm very happy with Mint Hill Middle. The principal is always on top of communicating updates through weekly newsletters and phone calls. I get a few calls every week with announcements or updates. The student support is great, both through teachers providing extra time for tutoring and the guidance counselors being available to talk through any issues. I have two daughters, one who has moved on to high school and one who is currently in 7th grade and I've had nothing but good experiences in dealing with the staff here. The campus is always clean and well maintained.

Posted March 23, 2012
My family is looking to purchase a home. This is the middle school for the area. I have concern for my son because he stutters. I wonder if that will be an issue or will there be teachers to take up for him. How are the kids at this school. Ive heard alot about the teachers but not the conduct of the children there. Do the principal have a hand on the students their. I'm not wanting to purchase a home and don't like the school. By the way,how is the Butler high why I'm asking these questions.

Mint Hill Middle School 0

Posted August 06, 2009
I love mint hill this is my second year there and we have some of the best teachers who willl ome b4 school or stay after school to wrk with u thx to my 6th grade teachers i love school

Posted August 05, 2009

Mint Hill Middle School 0

Posted July 09, 2009
As a student I mostly recomend this school because it is a lot of fun. Especialy Ms. Campbell's class. She uses treats to make us involved more in math and stuff like that. But mostly its because it is a lot of fun!

Mint Hill Middle School 4

Posted January 09, 2008
This school is a cool school to go to. There are many great teachers such as ms. Ebra, ms. Kanuck and mr. Dellinger.

Mint Hill Middle School
11501 Idlewild Road, Matthews, NC  28105
Last modified Mint Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mint Hill Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.