Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted May 04, 2016
Mint Hill Middle School is one of the best middle schools in the CMS system. My son is in his final year here and I will miss the many faces that I have interacted and worked with the past three years. From the counselor, Ms. Christina Brown to the administrators, Ms. Jamila Brown and Ms. Staci White. Also to the many, many teachers who went above and beyond each year to ensure my son didn't fall behind...trying different ways to teach him and behavior plans when he was struggling through. I think you can truly measure a schools worth when you have a child who has had trouble in school and my son had some trouble throughout the years, but the Mint Hill staff has always had his best interest at heart and have always tried to help him. Even when he was screened, I felt assured that the Mint Hill staff was going to do whatever was possible to make sure my son was successful. A BIG THANKS to the entire staff! I would recommend this school to anyone searching for a middle school. Of course, no matter what school you attend, a large part of your child's success will depend on parental involvement because at any school...public or private, you will have teachers that go above and beyond and some that do not. If the parent is involved, then your child can be very successful here. Thank you again because my child could have been that child that got labeled and lost but the Mint Hill staff and I made sure to keep him on the right path!! Oh and a special shot-out to Dr. Bob and Mr. Drye!! You all are awesome too!

Mint Hill Middle School 2

Posted September 22, 2014
I have been consistently disappointed by this school. My daughter has attended for about a year now. They are way more concerned with the dress code than if their students are receiving an education. Another reviewer mentioned the office clerk. She is AWFUL! Thank goodness she retired after last year, but there is one other that is just as bad. It is a shame because there are some fantastic teachers in this school. They are simply overshadowed by the poor communication and poor concentration on academics by the rest of the support staff. Yes, you will get 3-5 phone calls a week from Mr Drye telling you all about sports, bake sales, and when they need volunteers to proctor exams, but GOOD LUCK getting any administrator at this school to call you back if you have an issue with your student. Also, God forbid that you have a doctor's appointment that comes up. IF you don't send in a note at the beginning of the day, it would be easier to break them out of jail than get them out of school early! Cannot wait for my child to be done and get to Butler. LOVE the staff and administration there!

Posted March 21, 2014
Absolutely the best Middle School in Charlotte. The Principle is fantastic, organized, friendly and by-the-book as well. I would strongly recommend Mint Hill Middle.

Mint Hill Middle School 4

Posted March 03, 2014
Mint Hill Middle school, My daughter transferred here from South Charlotte Middle and the atmoshpere is so much better than her previous school. The teachers work just as hard with little pay, It's horrible NC public school systems do not give these teachers and staff more. My complaints are that their academic clubs are very few, What happen to quiz bowl, future business leaders of america, etc? Not every child plays sports. Also, their is one very sarcastic, rude, bitter secretary in the front office that they should fire because she places a damper on the rest of the positive staff. I won't describe her or say her name, but you will notice her negative mood if you ever ask her to anything that requires her to leave her cushioned seat. Horrible service. The school lunch is just as small and boring as any other school. My daughter comes home starving every day if she doesn't pack her lunch, and she is small for height. Cheese sticks is not a well balanced entree? The attention to foreign languages and higher academic classes needs better attention, but other than that they are competitive in this feild.

Mint Hill Middle School 1

Posted October 10, 2013
I like the teachers at this school, but the staff needs to get there act together. How can an adult ( asst. Principle) embarass a child openly for what she is wearing! Its a shame and disgrace to have such a person in charge of our children. I don't think it is appropriate to scold a child for what she has on if as an adult you are walking around in short skirts as well. Bu the way " A walkie talkie doesn't make you important or more respected" doing your job and being there for the kids is what matters! Everyone on staff except a few good people, seem to have their head so far up their butts, it would be impossible to look after our kids! What a shame for the town of Mint Hill.

Posted May 31, 2013
Mint Hill is a great school. I recommend, Mrs. Hughes (Science), Mrs. Shoup (Science), Mrs. Cummins (Math), Mrs. Neff (Math), and Ms. Bostleman. Amazing school, great people, and wonderful academics. I'm moving to Chapel Hill, and I'm going to miss this school so much.

Posted October 01, 2012
I'm very happy with Mint Hill Middle. The principal is always on top of communicating updates through weekly newsletters and phone calls. I get a few calls every week with announcements or updates. The student support is great, both through teachers providing extra time for tutoring and the guidance counselors being available to talk through any issues. I have two daughters, one who has moved on to high school and one who is currently in 7th grade and I've had nothing but good experiences in dealing with the staff here. The campus is always clean and well maintained.

Posted March 23, 2012
My family is looking to purchase a home. This is the middle school for the area. I have concern for my son because he stutters. I wonder if that will be an issue or will there be teachers to take up for him. How are the kids at this school. Ive heard alot about the teachers but not the conduct of the children there. Do the principal have a hand on the students their. I'm not wanting to purchase a home and don't like the school. By the way,how is the Butler high why I'm asking these questions.

Posted August 06, 2009
I love mint hill this is my second year there and we have some of the best teachers who willl ome b4 school or stay after school to wrk with u thx to my 6th grade teachers i love school

Posted July 09, 2009
As a student I mostly recomend this school because it is a lot of fun. Especialy Ms. Campbell's class. She uses treats to make us involved more in math and stuff like that. But mostly its because it is a lot of fun!

11501 Idewild Rd, Matthews, NC  28105
Last modified Mint Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.