K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted January 01, 2016
Arborbrook is a wonderful school where students are encouraged to 'go deep' and to make connections with what they are studying. The teachers come from various and accomplished backgrounds and have a love of learning that is contagious. There is grace for mistakes which fosters a safe learning environment. In the two years we have been there, both of our sons(middle school aged) went from hating school to enjoying learning again! There is no better measure for success than that!

Posted December 31, 2015
I have two young children enrolled at this school (K and 2nd) and I cannot express how blessed we feel to be there! I have been so impressed with the teachers that I have met, how our children are learning and growing in their Christian faith each day, how they are progressing academically, yet they are also enjoying the unique Charlotte Mason style and just having fun each day at school. There is heart in everything done at this school. We appreciate the consistent communication and updates from the teachers. This is the ideal place for our family!

Posted December 31, 2015
This is our third year at Arborbrook and we love this school! The teachers are passionate about learning and clearly love what they do. My children have excelled and are growing in faith and knowledge. We are thankful that a school like Arborbrook exists to come along beside our family and educate our children.

Arborbrook Christian Academy
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 30, 2015
The teachers at Arborbrook truly are passionate about what they are teaching. It's very unique in that you are able to work in true partnership with the teachers to focus on the whole child not just academically. This approach has been a blessing for us and our children.

Posted December 30, 2015
Our family loves Arborbrook. We toured many schools and found Arborbrook was the right fit for our family. Having a faith based education experience and small class sizes were important factors for us. But, what we have found at Arborbrook has been so much more than that. Our children's day consist of morning bible, academics taught from living books not standardized text books, nature studies outside, class room projects, various electives and even gardening is apart of their daily life. Not just helping to plant and maintain the gardens but they also get to eat what they grow. I love that in a world that's fast paced and in technology overload, Arborbrook balances embracing the new but preserving things like the art of cursive writing and emphasis on reading and narration. As parents we are able to join our children in morning assembly, serve on teams to help around school, and be apart of the fabric as Arborbrook continues to grow. We look forward to many more years being apart of the Arborbrook Family.

Arborbrook Christian Academy 3

Posted December 18, 2014
Arborbrook is a young school, which brings some challenges. It can be disorganized and has a lot of continual change and follow up communication to clarify processes that were not fully vetted. The leaders have good intentions, yet there is a type of child that will do well, and those that may not. Quiet, submissive children are regarded highly. Children that question, challenge, or have alternative personalities are left feeling they're not accepted. A difficult aspect of the school is being on the outside of families that have been there for years; they do not actively help new families become part of the fabric. It is often said serving is how to connect, however, getting involved and serving regularly can still leave you feeling you're on the outside looking in as you observe the engagement among veteran families and are met with polite greetings that never go deeper. Arborbrook is wonderful for those that fit the mold. It is a very tight community among many of the families. If you are different, it may be a struggle for your family to fit in. A big plus is Christ is woven into all classes, emphasizing a Christian worldview, and they have a reasonable/light homework load.

Posted December 12, 2014
I just arrived at this school, and I have to say how impressed I am. I am also an educator, and have taught everywhere from preschool to the University level for 12 years. When it came time to educate my own daughter, I felt I had no other option but to continue her homeschooling. And then I found Arborbrook. The gardens and nature trail, the closeness of the staff, and the teaching methodology and pedagogy don't just look good on paper, but really applies to the students. They learn about science outside, they learn about nature outside, and to see my daughter really live her education is priceless. Teachers receive a lot of time in training, strive to really know their students, and there is very strong support for and from teachers, parents, and students. Parents are really involved with the school, and really work hard to make it the amazing place that it is. I cannot speak more highly of this amazing little school.

Arborbrook Christian Academy 2

Posted June 14, 2014
As a former student I did not feel accepted for who I was. I felt judged and was often reprimanded for being a "normal" teenager. If you do not fit the "arborbrook mold" you are an outcast and are targeted by the teachers & administration. As a Christian I did not feel like I was treated or accepted in the way that Jesus would have treated or accepted others. It seems funny to me that I have found a more supportive and accepting Christian community outside of a Christian school.

Posted April 29, 2014
We re thrilled with Arborbrook! Our family couldn t have hoped for a better school experience. Arborbrook strives to give children the best possible education. The key word here is EDUCATION, not teaching to a test. They use the Charlotte Mason philosophy; offering a variety of styles to fit children's learning needs & reinforce the material. They don't believe children should all fit one mold, but treat each child as a unique individual. They live their beliefs which are demonstrated in how they treat each family, each person so that the atmosphere is edifying, unifying & encouraging for all. They want & encourage parental involvement. They re not free, but keeping tuition as affordable as possible is a priority to them. We haven t felt nickel & dimed, everything is clearly listed & there re no small add-ons that just add up. As a covenant school that adheres to the Bible, Christ is present in everything they do; the day begins & ends w/a focus on God. We LOVE this part of it. Our child is thriving both academically & in her relationship w/Christ. Arborbrook comes along side of families to train our children in the most important aspects of life - academics, character & faith.

Posted April 22, 2014
My school is the best kept secret in town. Our school is more than a school, it is a community and family. The small classroom setting helps each child get the attention they need to grow and learn. We spend lots of time outside exploring God's creation. Our school garden is such a wonderful way to learn god's perfect design in nature. the children are exposed to great artists and composers. the children read living books that are rich in vocabulary and content. The children learn mechanics of grammar, spelling and writing. It is a Christ centered school and you can sense God's presence all over campus.

Arborbrook Christian Academy
4823 Waxhaw-Indian Trail Rd, Matthews, NC  28173
Last modified Arborbrook Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Arborbrook Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top