Arborbrook Christian Academy 2

Posted June 14, 2014
As a former student I did not feel accepted for who I was. I felt judged and was often reprimanded for being a "normal" teenager. If you do not fit the "arborbrook mold" you are an outcast and are targeted by the teachers & administration. As a Christian I did not feel like I was treated or accepted in the way that Jesus would have treated or accepted others. It seems funny to me that I have found a more supportive and accepting Christian community outside of a Christian school.

Posted April 29, 2014
We re thrilled with Arborbrook! Our family couldn t have hoped for a better school experience. Arborbrook strives to give children the best possible education. The key word here is EDUCATION, not teaching to a test. They use the Charlotte Mason philosophy; offering a variety of styles to fit children's learning needs & reinforce the material. They don't believe children should all fit one mold, but treat each child as a unique individual. They live their beliefs which are demonstrated in how they treat each family, each person so that the atmosphere is edifying, unifying & encouraging for all. They want & encourage parental involvement. They re not free, but keeping tuition as affordable as possible is a priority to them. We haven t felt nickel & dimed, everything is clearly listed & there re no small add-ons that just add up. As a covenant school that adheres to the Bible, Christ is present in everything they do; the day begins & ends w/a focus on God. We LOVE this part of it. Our child is thriving both academically & in her relationship w/Christ. Arborbrook comes along side of families to train our children in the most important aspects of life - academics, character & faith.

Posted April 22, 2014
My school is the best kept secret in town. Our school is more than a school, it is a community and family. The small classroom setting helps each child get the attention they need to grow and learn. We spend lots of time outside exploring God's creation. Our school garden is such a wonderful way to learn god's perfect design in nature. the children are exposed to great artists and composers. the children read living books that are rich in vocabulary and content. The children learn mechanics of grammar, spelling and writing. It is a Christ centered school and you can sense God's presence all over campus.

Posted April 09, 2014
As a former teacher, I know an excellent school when I see one. This is a place and a group of people who seek to glorify Christ in all they do. Jesus is first and foremost here. I'm also grateful to have such a loving faculty and staff who truly have my child's character and best interest at heart. There is no trying to fit a square peg in a round hole here. My children are loved and celebrated for their God-given uniqueness and talents. I love how the school ignites the fires of curiosity in my kids. They are truly students of the world. Often times, I am taken aback by the knowledge they bring home. They are not just learning facts and figures to be regurgitated. They are learning to be learners. As an educator, I know this distinct difference. Not one time in 5+ years, have either of my kids dreaded going to school. It is a blessing, a privilege, and an honor to be a part of the wonderful school.

Posted April 07, 2014
Arborbrook Christian Academy is a beautiful, yet hidden gem in the Greater Charlotte Area. As a teacher & a parent, I can truly call it my home away from home. The Holy Spirit embraces me as I walk through our gardens, as well as our classrooms. The classroom is an extension of the home, adorned with inspired pieces of art and lit with lamp lighting. We begin & end our days in God's word during our Alpha & Omega times. The use of Charlotte Mason philosophy is taken seriously, providing an education that is rich in "living books", the arts and nature. Arborbrook is a gift from God to our family!

Posted January 07, 2014
My four children have loved attending Arborbrook Christian Academy and have made such wonderful friends there. We are impressed with the amount of time their teachers put into planning lessons that engage the students intellectually and also help the subject material to truly "stick". We are thrilled to see them excited about what they learn and come home talking about it. As teachers share material in class, they require the students to retell and occasionally write about it too. Truly this approach allows our kids to "own" their subject matter and allows them a chance to develop deeper questions. We can't say enough about the fellowship opportunities Arborbrook has provided for our entire family. This week alone we will hear my Elementary aged daughter's musings about after-school Drama Club and her beloved Art Class, as well as the sounds of my Jr. High son's newest Band instrument, the trumpet, and the cheers of friends and family as we watch our school's beloved basketball teams. Go Falcons!

Posted September 04, 2013
Arborbrook is a small school with a great big heart for children, parents, and education. Teachers and staff go out of their way to help a child learn, to encourage family, and to provide quality education while fostering a love of learning. Plus their graduates are being accepted to the colleges of their choosing! It's a place where I would want to go to school.

Arborbrook Christian Academy
4823 Waxhaw-Indian Trail Rd, Matthews, NC  28173
Last modified Arborbrook Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Arborbrook Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.