South Mebane Elementary 1

Posted October 28, 2012
My kids went to SME and I was not too happy with the experience so we left. I really felt as if they had no idea who my kids were the entire time they were there. The environment is very depressing. It seems as if they cater to the less than adverage student...one day I was there and the principal yelled over the loud speaker about how some student received a 100% on a spelling test..my daughter had straight A's every test since Kindergarten and no one made any anouncement about this! What about the kids who always do what they are supposed to...no not mentioned. I really don't even think they knew her name...sad.

Posted June 25, 2010
The staff at SME are talented, loving, and truly enjoy what they do. This shows in the kids' attitudes and test scores. This is a best of the best in public education!

Posted September 29, 2009
South Mebane is filled with love, laughter and learning!!!

Posted September 24, 2009
South Mebane had the second highest growth in test scores for the 2008-2009 school year!! It's students, parents, and staff are the best!!

Posted September 20, 2009
South Mebane is truly a school of love, laughter, and learning. We strive to support each child so everyone can perform to their full potential.

Posted September 17, 2009
The leadership and teamwork is awesome and students truly do love learning there!

Posted September 17, 2009
South Mebane is not just a school, it is a family with 500+ students. I have never experienced this level of love and commitment toward children.

Posted September 17, 2009
I am a former teacher at SME. The students at this school are so wonderful and the community is so supportive of this school. It was a great place to teach!

Posted September 17, 2009
South Mebane Elementary has the best kids, staff, parents, and administrators on the face of the earth!

Contact Information

600 South 3rd Street
Mebane, NC 27302

School website

South Mebane Elementary
600 South 3rd Street, Mebane, NC  27302
Last modified South Mebane Elementary is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Mebane Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.