Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

SME teaches the children right from wrong, teaches them to respect everyone and everything and teaches the kids to be nice. The school is bully free

SME is a wonderful school. Principal Royal knows every kid by there name and loves every one of the kids that goes there. The faculty members are wonderful also. The school is not just a school it is a family. When my son went to SME he loved every minute of it and my youngest who goes there now loves it. She looks foward to going to school every day

South Mebane shines for their students down to the last one! My daughter was new to NC so new to SME and the staff starting at the front door to her teachers and other teachers in her same grade were more then welcoming. I've never been to a school that the principal literally knows every students name! And not for bad things but ALL things. Rebecca Royal is truly remarkable and her love for the children is untouchable.

My kids have attended, and while it seems like a friendly open school, we just have not been happy with how things are run. I'm not sure that the teachers truly know what goes on with my kids sometimes...I'll be looking into charter schools for my youngest.

My kids went to SME and I was not too happy with the experience so we left. I really felt as if they had no idea who my kids were the entire time they were there. The environment is very depressing. It seems as if they cater to the less than adverage student...one day I was there and the principal yelled over the loud speaker about how some student received a 100% on a spelling test..my daughter had straight A's every test since Kindergarten and no one made any anouncement about this! What about the kids who always do what they are supposed to...no not mentioned. I really don't even think they knew her name...sad.

The staff at SME are talented, loving, and truly enjoy what they do. This shows in the kids' attitudes and test scores. This is a best of the best in public education!

South Mebane is filled with love, laughter and learning!!!

South Mebane had the second highest growth in test scores for the 2008-2009 school year!! It's students, parents, and staff are the best!!

South Mebane is truly a school of love, laughter, and learning. We strive to support each child so everyone can perform to their full potential.

The leadership and teamwork is awesome and students truly do love learning there!

Last modified South Mebane Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.