Queens Grant Community School 2

Posted April 03, 2014
There is a very fine line between having involved parents and having another parent knowing my kids test scores and discussing it with other parents!! No privacy, too many kids to a class, no encouragement or push for above average kids, teachers work load is overwhelming for them and they get no help. This school is not what it says it is. Valuable teaching time is wasted on long assembly each morning. Some assemblies are very long and boring for the kids.

Posted February 10, 2014
I concur....while not blinded totally by this school, my daughter spent her first 6 years in the local public school system and graduated 5th grade with a 3rd grade reading level. We were accepting into 6th grade at QGCS and she thrived and has excelled way beyond our dreams. Now a high school senior at QGHS! Parents that complain about discipline not being followed up or teachers that do not care, need to go to the expense and go to private school....my son started in 1st grade and now in 7th and we have always found the staff to be caring and quick to react to any concerns or problems with students or teachers. There is ALWAYS bad apples anywhere and those are weeded out on a case-by-case basis. My son personally had bullying problems with an older child and I feel that it was handled immediately and properly to full resolution. My son love his school and cannot imagine going anywhere else. I hear the horror stories coming out of CMS schools and can't imagine either of my kids still attending pulic school. Agree that other parents can become too involved, but again, that is everywhere and if you don't like it, become involved yourself. LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Posted August 05, 2013
I was just reading thru some of the other reviews and they made me so sad! Overall, Queens Grant is a great school. Yes, they have problems like public schools and like $25,000 per year private schools as well. NO school is perfect. We have been so very happy at this school. My daughters are thriving. I am a working parent, and I feel like I am treated just like the stay at home moms. We have had a teacher or two that haven't been wonderful--and they are no longer there--so yes, teachers are held accountable. I recommend this school to others often. I am a CMS employee, I could send my kids to ANY CMS school--I CHOOSE to send them to Queens Grant instead. My daughters have been taught great moral values at this school, and I know they are keeping up academically as well.

Posted July 29, 2013
Regan Adam is the only individual at this school worthy of five stars! She is worthy of ten! Unfortunately, the rest leaves a lot to be desired. There is little disciplinary action for both students AND teachers who act out. The teachers are overwhelmed and do not seem to be supported by their administration unless they are part of the in group. Communication is lacking. My child was challenged and thrived in Mrs. Adam's class... after that, I may as well have put him in CMS. We had high hopes, but, in the end, Queen's Grant failed to impress as a whole.

Queens Grant Community School 2

Posted July 17, 2013
Queens Grant purports itself to be head and shoulders above the CMS public school system. It is not. There is a lot of complacent behavior among the staff. Parental help in the classroom is begged for; if both parents work, then those parents are not on the same level as the parents who think QG is their home away from home. Busybody moms have waaaaay too much input and involvement at this school. Most staff members act professional, but those that do not overshadow the others. Don't get it wrong: a few run this school, their way. The academics are just average. Because it is a "charter school", and has a lottery for openings, it creates a false sense of prestige. This does not compare to a private school, in any way. One unruly student with behavior/cognitive issues can ruin the day for other students. Imagine that EVERY DAY for your child. Discipline is not followed per the handbook. We bought the fluff initially, but time and experience has removed the blinders.

Posted June 15, 2013
This school is run like a junior high clique. Why do parents receive emails about the class from another parent who volunteers at the school? Surely the teachers should be in charge of the class. Too many power tripping parents!!! Professionalism in the staff could greatly be improved.

Posted June 04, 2013
My child has been at Queens Grant for two years, and I've been extremely pleased with his teachers and academic experience. I'm looking forward to my other children going here in the future.

Posted May 05, 2013
I'm glad that someone noticed that the PE teacher is a Bully. She would have been fired if she was at a CMS school. I have seen her bully and threaten kids. When you try to tell administration they will just tell you that she can seem abrasive, BUT she loves the kids. Anyone who loves kids would see that it is just WRONG to pull a child and push them or point out that they need to lose weight, or ask why are you mean to the PE teachers child. She is always bullying kids and the PE teacher went into her childs classroom and threatened the other kids that they should leave her child alone. Please be aware that she walked into another teachers class and because there was a sub in there, this PE teachers thought she could say whatever she wanted to the class. The Sub had a responsibility to report this and never did. The administration only again talked to the PE teacher or wrote her up.The teacher should not be there. Is the administration afraid to take action?One day a parent is going to report it to someone outside of the school who can truly investigate and not be afraid to hold this teacher accountable for her actions.The students are held accountable, but not all of the teachers

Posted March 28, 2012
Our family has been 100% satisfied with Queen's Grant. Parents must understand that no school is perfect; but at Queen's Grant the administration and teachers are open to listening and welcome the parents input. My children are in a safe and loving environment. We feel our children has received an excellent education academically and socially. The school provides a variety of programs, sports and clubs that our children choose to participate in there. The teachers are highly skilled and receive the support from the school they deserve. The parents are wonderful, and I enjoy spending time with them and interacting with them. I especially appreciate the fact that this school allows me, and encourages me to get involved. It may not be the right fit for everyone; but for our family, it is. I have seen several different schools from the inside (doing my homework) and this school is top notch. It all goes back to what you're looking for. Are you an involved parent? If so, this just may be the right fit. If you just want to send your kids to school and expect the school to do all the work, then maybe you should seek the CMS system. Regards, 100% Satisfied Parent of 4 QG students

Posted March 19, 2012
You couldn't ask for a more loving and caring school. I feel like my children are challenged and we are grateful to be a part of this awesome school. I feel like the concerns raised in the past regarding the new grading system are just there....in the past. There is a lot more understanding, uniformity and organization from the teachers and how the system works for the benefit of the child.

Queens Grant Community School
10323 Idlewild Road, Mint Hill, NC  28227
Last modified Queens Grant Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Queens Grant Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top