Public charter
Students enrolled: 1,260
After care: No

Queens Grant Community School 1

Posted May 02, 2015
Below average test scores. Teachers NOT held accountable. Administrative disconnect with parents. Weak middle school. Once a child is labeled it stays with them throughout their time there.Deans were outright rude to parents. Teachers showed favoritism. The principal takes lock away in her office and let's Deans run the school. It's past time for a change.They put too much pressure on kids for State & EOC. Kids are passed out packets of work to keep them busy. Some of the teachers speak harshly to kids in front of the entire class. Classes have 28 students -no teacher assistants. The special need students are being babysitter and not taught. No be mislead that a smaller school is better. Biggest pet peeve is that each year a class list of each student and their parents, yes parents are rated as helpful, high maintenance or not involved is circulated to the next grade level teachers. This causes an impression of the student before they even know them. What if your child had a year where you asked for a meeting about a teacher and from then on you were rated as high maintenance or your child. You never get off the list for simply being an advocate for your child.

Posted March 02, 2015
my son is in the first grade at queens grant and ever since kindergarten, he has thrived and grown not only academically but socially as well. he has a few medical issues and i can't say enough about how the staff and administration has made us feel safe and welcome. they have always treated us as if they care about us as people and have offered us whatever help they could above and beyond what goes on in the classroom. i admire the discipline,rules and structure that is in place i was told from day 1 that the goal of the school is to get kids ready for college from from kindergarten......the work is challenging but done in a fun learning environment.....parent feedback and participation is encouraged and my son loves it there.....my plan is to keep him enrolled at queens grant through high school and highly endorse the school wholeheartedly

Posted February 19, 2015
This is the second year that my child has attended Queens Grant. I am totally satisfied with this school, which I believe was a much better option than the CMS public school in my area. Both teachers, have been great!! Both parents work full time in our home, and I feel good knowing she's at Queens Grant (her second home) while we are at work. They are very transparent as to what is expected from the students academically, and give ample opportunity (parent/teacher Conferences) for parents to evaluate their child's progress. My child has excelled academically, and socially and she loves going to school each day. We Love Queens Grant!!!

Posted November 23, 2014
I think we wouldn't find a better school for my daughter. She is excited every day going to school, learning good habits, manners, routines and discipline into research. Everybody is kind, has patience and overcome the expectations.

Posted October 20, 2014
We were in CMS through 9th grade. It was a constant struggle with bullying and discipline in our "prestigious" HS. All the attention was given to the children who excelled. It was all about the image of the school, not the individual child. QGHS has been a Godsend for us. The staff is caring and works with the child to help them do their best. Disrespect and bullying is not tolerated. Dr Smith is a hands-on principal and very personable. My only regret is that we didn't find this school sooner.

Queens Grant Community School 2

Posted April 03, 2014
There is a very fine line between having involved parents and having another parent knowing my kids test scores and discussing it with other parents!! No privacy, too many kids to a class, no encouragement or push for above average kids, teachers work load is overwhelming for them and they get no help. This school is not what it says it is. Valuable teaching time is wasted on long assembly each morning. Some assemblies are very long and boring for the kids.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 10, 2014
I concur....while not blinded totally by this school, my daughter spent her first 6 years in the local public school system and graduated 5th grade with a 3rd grade reading level. We were accepting into 6th grade at QGCS and she thrived and has excelled way beyond our dreams. Now a high school senior at QGHS! Parents that complain about discipline not being followed up or teachers that do not care, need to go to the expense and go to private school....my son started in 1st grade and now in 7th and we have always found the staff to be caring and quick to react to any concerns or problems with students or teachers. There is ALWAYS bad apples anywhere and those are weeded out on a case-by-case basis. My son personally had bullying problems with an older child and I feel that it was handled immediately and properly to full resolution. My son love his school and cannot imagine going anywhere else. I hear the horror stories coming out of CMS schools and can't imagine either of my kids still attending pulic school. Agree that other parents can become too involved, but again, that is everywhere and if you don't like it, become involved yourself. LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 05, 2013
I was just reading thru some of the other reviews and they made me so sad! Overall, Queens Grant is a great school. Yes, they have problems like public schools and like $25,000 per year private schools as well. NO school is perfect. We have been so very happy at this school. My daughters are thriving. I am a working parent, and I feel like I am treated just like the stay at home moms. We have had a teacher or two that haven't been wonderful--and they are no longer there--so yes, teachers are held accountable. I recommend this school to others often. I am a CMS employee, I could send my kids to ANY CMS school--I CHOOSE to send them to Queens Grant instead. My daughters have been taught great moral values at this school, and I know they are keeping up academically as well.

Queens Grant Community School 3

Posted July 29, 2013
Regan Adam is the only individual at this school worthy of five stars! She is worthy of ten! Unfortunately, the rest leaves a lot to be desired. There is little disciplinary action for both students AND teachers who act out. The teachers are overwhelmed and do not seem to be supported by their administration unless they are part of the in group. Communication is lacking. My child was challenged and thrived in Mrs. Adam's class... after that, I may as well have put him in CMS. We had high hopes, but, in the end, Queen's Grant failed to impress as a whole.
3 people found this helpful

Queens Grant Community School 2

Posted July 17, 2013
Queens Grant purports itself to be head and shoulders above the CMS public school system. It is not. There is a lot of complacent behavior among the staff. Parental help in the classroom is begged for; if both parents work, then those parents are not on the same level as the parents who think QG is their home away from home. Busybody moms have waaaaay too much input and involvement at this school. Most staff members act professional, but those that do not overshadow the others. Don't get it wrong: a few run this school, their way. The academics are just average. Because it is a "charter school", and has a lottery for openings, it creates a false sense of prestige. This does not compare to a private school, in any way. One unruly student with behavior/cognitive issues can ruin the day for other students. Imagine that EVERY DAY for your child. Discipline is not followed per the handbook. We bought the fluff initially, but time and experience has removed the blinders.

Queens Grant Community School
10323 Idlewild Road, Mint Hill, NC  28227
Last modified Queens Grant Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Queens Grant Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top