Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Queens Grant is a good fit for anyone who is in the market for a military school. The class sizes are huge and NHA, (a for profit company,) has decided to boost profits by cutting the art, music and physical education staff by half. The principal and board are closed door and parents have zero input. My child's teacher should have retired 10 years ago when she discovered she hates teaching and children.

I think we wouldn't find a better school for my daughter. She is excited every day going to school, learning good habits, manners, routines and discipline into research. Everybody is kind, has patience and overcome the expectations.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This is my first year at Queens Grant and I absolutely hate it with a passion. It's not the dress code or anything. It's the people that go there & work there. You can try to take up for yourself because their going to think your being disrespectful. And some of the teachers cannot teach at all. Dr.Smith is not a good principle at all. He wants everything to go his way and you can't talk to him with out him thinking your being disrespectful. And this school is very racist and prejudice. It's like us black kids are the only ones in iss and the only ones in asd. The school is good acedemically but PLEASE DONT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE!! This school is not fair & it's racist.

I am unsure of what some of these parents are talking about, is it the same school I sent my son too!! Queens Grant has been nothing but nice to my son and I when I have gave them multiple reasons not to be. Like feeding my kid for weeks when I was unaware there was no money in his account and me pulling my kid out of school 2 hours early 5 days in a row, or how about when I was short with Mrs Lisa at the front but she took the time to realize I was probably going through something. My Child's behavior has improved since attending this school because of Ms. Adams. I drive 35 40 minutes everyday twice a day just to bring my child to school here and I will keep doing it till I have the means to move. This is An Awesome School that is doing an awesome job. And they invite the Parents to join in and volunteer ALL the TIME!! I am always getting emails from the school and his teacher on how I can get involved. I mean I guess everyone can have their own opinion but lying about about what the school does and doesn't do is wrong. Like today when I dropped my son off I asked a staff member to walk him in, to make sure the front desk got his lunch money and they did just that. When she could have said alright and then walk away from him. But she didn't. I love this school l, the only thing I can say about the school is that I wish they had busses but at the same time it makes for more parent and child reaction to know what's going on day to day instead of just put your kid on a bus everyday. So I really have no complaints. Queens Grant is the best place you could ever send your Child without spending a fortune somewhere else. I knew before sending my son there that he was very smart and they are just helping him fly and aim higher and higher, but what I really am looking forward to see is my daughter coming there next year who is not as advance and watching her gain some of the skills that chase has. Manners, respect, determination, willing and wanting to her homework. To end this note. I am so glad my children have this opportunity at Queens Grant and I wouldn't change it for the public school (2 minutes from my house) anyday.. It's a long drive and it takes a lot of gas to get him back and forth to school so we had to let a few things go like our Direct TV in order to afford the gas but like I said it is very very very much worth it.

I have had two children in QG, one I withdrew today. One is still there. The ONLY reason why one is still there is because he was FINALLY put in a IEP program (no easy task, the school failed him for a disability, but going through my Dr. Finally helped and they do give him the help he needs..... Now ) I can count maybe 2 staff members who made me feel welcome the 8 years we have been there. The principal has never smiled, not once even. The school is dark inside,the classrooms are small. The student never leaves the room hardly. They have to eat at their desk. If you are like most normal families who have to work and can't be at the school every waking minute, they aren't nice to you. Don't involve you at all. Your children are also treated based on how involved in the school the parents are. The children there aren't normal, they don't know how to act when brought around kids in public school. If your child doesn't fit in the "in" crowd then they are shunned. I've been disgusted by the treatment of myself and my children. Their test scores suck if you do your research. If you have the opportunity to but your child in a good union county school, do it. Don't waste your time here unless you stay at home and can revolve your whole being around a school.who thinks its elite when its really not

I can't rate the school yet because my child won't start attending until this coming fall. However, I've been reading these reviews and I just had to chime in. My goodness - some of you parents are worse than the children! I mean, we're probably all in our 30s or so. Are we really complaining about other parents (especially those who volunteer) behind an anonymous post on a website?? Maybe some of the parents need to grow up. Fortunately, I don't pay much attention to the majority of reviews, except for the honest, well written ones. To those parents who are complaining that their "above average kid" is getting the "encouragement or push" they deserve, or those parents who feel they aren't part of "the click" that runs QG --- maybe the best solution is to look at your child and/or yourself. That's most likely the real cause for your concern.

Below average test scores. Teachers NOT held accountable. Administrative disconnect with parents. Weak middle school. Once a child is labeled it stays with them throughout their time there.Deans were outright rude to parents. Teachers showed favoritism. The principal takes lock away in her office and let's Deans run the school. It's past time for a change.They put too much pressure on kids for State & EOC. Kids are passed out packets of work to keep them busy. Some of the teachers speak harshly to kids in front of the entire class. Classes have 28 students -no teacher assistants. The special need students are being babysitter and not taught. No be mislead that a smaller school is better. Biggest pet peeve is that each year a class list of each student and their parents, yes parents are rated as helpful, high maintenance or not involved is circulated to the next grade level teachers. This causes an impression of the student before they even know them. What if your child had a year where you asked for a meeting about a teacher and from then on you were rated as high maintenance or your child. You never get off the list for simply being an advocate for your child.

my son is in the first grade at queens grant and ever since kindergarten, he has thrived and grown not only academically but socially as well. he has a few medical issues and i can't say enough about how the staff and administration has made us feel safe and welcome. they have always treated us as if they care about us as people and have offered us whatever help they could above and beyond what goes on in the classroom. i admire the discipline,rules and structure that is in place i was told from day 1 that the goal of the school is to get kids ready for college from from kindergarten......the work is challenging but done in a fun learning environment.....parent feedback and participation is encouraged and my son loves it there.....my plan is to keep him enrolled at queens grant through high school and highly endorse the school wholeheartedly

This is the second year that my child has attended Queens Grant. I am totally satisfied with this school, which I believe was a much better option than the CMS public school in my area. Both teachers, have been great!! Both parents work full time in our home, and I feel good knowing she's at Queens Grant (her second home) while we are at work. They are very transparent as to what is expected from the students academically, and give ample opportunity (parent/teacher Conferences) for parents to evaluate their child's progress. My child has excelled academically, and socially and she loves going to school each day. We Love Queens Grant!!!

We were in CMS through 9th grade. It was a constant struggle with bullying and discipline in our "prestigious" HS. All the attention was given to the children who excelled. It was all about the image of the school, not the individual child. QGHS has been a Godsend for us. The staff is caring and works with the child to help them do their best. Disrespect and bullying is not tolerated. Dr Smith is a hands-on principal and very personable. My only regret is that we didn't find this school sooner.

Last modified Queens Grant Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.