Bad
Good

When people ask me where I am from, I say Davie County and most seems confused. When someone normally asks where you are from you say a town but I said a whole county. I think that answer shows how much of a home this place truly is! Davie High is a wonderful school full of passionate teachers and gifted students. The courses offered and the extra curricular activities were all beneficial and allowed me to grow as a person. It's a great day to be a War Eagle!

I live in Davie County yet teach in Forsyth County. You might want to review West Forsyth High School scores. Excellent. Yes, Davie High is old and needs renovation. One high school is not the answer. Davie County needs 2 high schools. I will not vote for one high school.

I'm so sad to see the state of this school, as I attended it years ago. I'm concerned the entire focus is on the building and its disrepair. What about the quality of the leadership/teachers. There are some good teachers, but many who should not be there. The school touts their status as a top school in the US. However, I am also looking to teachers as role models. My daughter comes home and tells me about teachers who curse in their classrooms, gossip about other teachers and students, and play favorites. I attended an open house to hear about dancing boots and decided to discourage my daughter from trying out for this. The person in charge discussed things my daughter shouldn't have been hearing. For example, she talked about finding girls naked in the back seat of cars after games and how she had to go pick up girls who were in trouble because they were scared to call their parents. To me, the building is old and we need a new facility. But, we also need a stronger focus on quality teachers. The school seemed to be back on track when Mr. Wallace was there. Unfortunately, the leadership now seems much less effective. Survey your customers- students/parents

. The building is so outdated that it will cost as much to repair it as it would to build a new state of the art school. The great teachers and staff are doing the best they can with the old, outdated building but the County loses some of their best over the controversy. There is a great effort to build a new school so if you're reading this and live in Davie County - be sure and vote YES when the bond vote comes up this spring. The students, teachers, property values and future of Davie County depends on it!

This school is the best school in the state are test scores are the highest in the state. There is nothing wrong with the building a new school is not going to solve the problem.the school is very nice are schools in davie county are the best.

Davie County H.S is in such a sad state! Overcrowded, under-valued teachers, highly political arena, poor education, outdated equipment&campus. I had 2 children go thru DCHS & they both 'got by' doing the minimum...no motivation to do more (despite our nagging). Teachers were too overworked/shuffled around to follow up if kids didn't do work so kids learn quick they can hand stuff in whenever & still get credit for it. Students are suffering due to lack of county commitment to update/build a new school. Would rather waste money on everything else but education in the county. I will NOT be sending child #3 there. It's a waste of a building. Bulldoze it!

Zero stars no good! DC is a bottem of the poles. The school system claims to be so great well, my daughter has a field trip coming up and their doing background checks. Makes no sense. Im not giving anyone my ssn#.

Davie High is a great school but its not perfect, no school is, but I believe God sent Mr Wallace to DHS and I know he's made a difference.Alot of the students lack respect for others and themselves.Praise God if they learn how to speak to adults and follow rules, thats something they should have been taught when they were 5.Mr Wallace is a blessing to me!

Davie High is a great school filled with incredible teachers. The sports teams and bands are great. The main reason we moved here is because of the schools! We aren't disappointed in Davie High.

My child currently attends this public high school, and I am not happy with its structure, Davie High School, I believe, is very unsanitary. Such as: bathrooms, cafe' room, and class rooms.

Last modified Davie County High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.