Posted May 29, 2014
This is a great school! Forget what you hear about MHS from other schools! There is no graffiti on the walls, everyone is NOT a drug dealer, not everyone here is "ghetto", and fights don't happen everyday! MHS is like a huge family! The teachers and administration care for their students like their very own. We have some of the best AP classes in the county and our tutoring is excellent! I am proud to be apart of the Redhawk family!

Posted November 03, 2013
Monroe High Is A Great School Although I wish They Wouldn't Focus So Much on Dress Code...But As Far As Education goes Its In A Good/Grey Area Tutoring Is Held Everyday Except Wednesdays;Because There Are Teacher-Principal Meetings.And Tests Are Given Every Friday And As Far As I'm Concerned Grades Are Rising NOT Dropping Its Just What Others Have Heard About MHS In The PAST

Posted July 19, 2012
Iam a student at Monroe high and i think its a great school people talk so much and say its bad but the teachers are amazing and are there to help you when you need help everyone has there own problems but when it comes down to learn there are alot of great students at monroe that other school would love to have (: Monroe High Is A Great School

Monroe High School 1

Posted October 26, 2009
The school is more concerned with dress code than academics. Its ridiculous!

Posted September 21, 2009
I am a graduate of Monroe High School, and I believe that Monroe's bad reputation is completely undeserved. The teachers are great and, more importantly, they really care about the students. Sports and extra-curriculars are fun and accepting of new members. Many believe Monroe is a dangerous school, but I never felt like I was in danger. The administration can occassionally be lax, but when it comes down to it they are willing to do anything to help their students. Overall, I would recommend Monroe High to any parent. The diversity is often looked down upon, but I believe it is the foundation upon which the school sits. The lessons I learned from that particular environment are invaluable. I am very pleased with the education I received there, and where it has gotten me, into a Top 10 Liberal Arts College. I couldn't have asked for more.

Monroe High School 3

Posted December 18, 2008

Posted November 12, 2008
I think Monroe High is a great school. It really bothers me when people from other schools label Monroe High as the bad school or shall I say not up to par when there are problems in their school as well, it is just kept on the hush hush. The staff there is wonderful and the kids can get a great education.

Posted October 27, 2007

Monroe High School 1

Posted December 14, 2006

Posted October 14, 2005
- a former student

Monroe High School
1 High School Dr, Monroe, NC  28112
Last modified Monroe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.