Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am a student currently enrolled at Monroe High. I was nervous about starting school because of what people have told me, but when I came all the teachers and students made me feel like I have known them forever. The environment is so caring it's like one big family. People will say things that make Monroe look bad but in all honesty we are maybe one of the best ethnically diverse high schools in Union County, people just don't want to believe it because there kids go to "better" schools. I wake up excited to go to school everyday because I know that I feel safe in school, and people will accept me no matter what.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is a certain sect of students at Monroe who do not car about education however 95% of Monroe are good honest people who come to school to make something of themselves and the staff rewards this kind of student and does all they can to curb the attitudes of the less enthusiastic people

I am a currently enrolled student. I transferred here my freshman year after attending a private k-12 school. This school has by far the best: sense of family among students, teachers, facilities, and administration that i have ever seen. I love Monroe each day I feel like my education matters; and I am legitimately excited to wake up every morning and go to work for the most underrated school in Union County!

Just saying that it is expected that every student attending the Union County, NC Monroe schools lives up to the high expectations that the school and community imposes upon them To be kind and successful in life for their future happiness and dreams to come true.

I love this school. I have had 3 children attend and I also graduated from this school. The teachers and staff truly love and respect the students. They try to help them in anyway they can.

This is a great school! Forget what you hear about MHS from other schools! There is no graffiti on the walls, everyone is NOT a drug dealer, not everyone here is "ghetto", and fights don't happen everyday! MHS is like a huge family! The teachers and administration care for their students like their very own. We have some of the best AP classes in the county and our tutoring is excellent! I am proud to be apart of the Redhawk family!

Monroe High Is A Great School Although I wish They Wouldn't Focus So Much on Dress Code...But As Far As Education goes Its In A Good/Grey Area Tutoring Is Held Everyday Except Wednesdays;Because There Are Teacher-Principal Meetings.And Tests Are Given Every Friday And As Far As I'm Concerned Grades Are Rising NOT Dropping Its Just What Others Have Heard About MHS In The PAST

Iam a student at Monroe high and i think its a great school people talk so much and say its bad but the teachers are amazing and are there to help you when you need help everyone has there own problems but when it comes down to learn there are alot of great students at monroe that other school would love to have (: Monroe High Is A Great School

The school is more concerned with dress code than academics. Its ridiculous!

I am a graduate of Monroe High School, and I believe that Monroe's bad reputation is completely undeserved. The teachers are great and, more importantly, they really care about the students. Sports and extra-curriculars are fun and accepting of new members. Many believe Monroe is a dangerous school, but I never felt like I was in danger. The administration can occassionally be lax, but when it comes down to it they are willing to do anything to help their students. Overall, I would recommend Monroe High to any parent. The diversity is often looked down upon, but I believe it is the foundation upon which the school sits. The lessons I learned from that particular environment are invaluable. I am very pleased with the education I received there, and where it has gotten me, into a Top 10 Liberal Arts College. I couldn't have asked for more.

Last modified Monroe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.