Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted March 23, 2016
I am a student currently enrolled at Monroe High. I was nervous about starting school because of what people have told me, but when I came all the teachers and students made me feel like I have known them forever. The environment is so caring it's like one big family. People will say things that make Monroe look bad but in all honesty we are maybe one of the best ethnically diverse high schools in Union County, people just don't want to believe it because there kids go to "better" schools. I wake up excited to go to school everyday because I know that I feel safe in school, and people will accept me no matter what.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 13, 2016
I want to think Ms.Nicole Shroyer for inspiring greatness among all her students and making huge sacrifices in her life to better the lives of students like me

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 13, 2016
There is a certain sect of students at Monroe who do not car about education however 95% of Monroe are good honest people who come to school to make something of themselves and the staff rewards this kind of student and does all they can to curb the attitudes of the less enthusiastic people

Posted March 13, 2016
I am a currently enrolled student. I transferred here my freshman year after attending a private k-12 school. This school has by far the best: sense of family among students, teachers, facilities, and administration that i have ever seen. I love Monroe each day I feel like my education matters; and I am legitimately excited to wake up every morning and go to work for the most underrated school in Union County!

Posted January 16, 2015
Just saying that it is expected that every student attending the Union County, NC Monroe schools lives up to the high expectations that the school and community imposes upon them To be kind and successful in life for their future happiness and dreams to come true.

Posted November 01, 2014
I love this school. I have had 3 children attend and I also graduated from this school. The teachers and staff truly love and respect the students. They try to help them in anyway they can.

Posted May 29, 2014
This is a great school! Forget what you hear about MHS from other schools! There is no graffiti on the walls, everyone is NOT a drug dealer, not everyone here is "ghetto", and fights don't happen everyday! MHS is like a huge family! The teachers and administration care for their students like their very own. We have some of the best AP classes in the county and our tutoring is excellent! I am proud to be apart of the Redhawk family!

Monroe High School 4

Posted November 03, 2013
Monroe High Is A Great School Although I wish They Wouldn't Focus So Much on Dress Code...But As Far As Education goes Its In A Good/Grey Area Tutoring Is Held Everyday Except Wednesdays;Because There Are Teacher-Principal Meetings.And Tests Are Given Every Friday And As Far As I'm Concerned Grades Are Rising NOT Dropping Its Just What Others Have Heard About MHS In The PAST

Monroe High School 4

Posted July 19, 2012
Iam a student at Monroe high and i think its a great school people talk so much and say its bad but the teachers are amazing and are there to help you when you need help everyone has there own problems but when it comes down to learn there are alot of great students at monroe that other school would love to have (: Monroe High Is A Great School

Monroe High School 1

Posted October 26, 2009
The school is more concerned with dress code than academics. Its ridiculous!

1 High School Dr, Monroe, NC  28112
Last modified Monroe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.