Posted May 08, 2014
This is a great school in union county, and we love it. People are very nice.

Posted January 23, 2014
i go to parkwood and it is a great school! we are just one big family, we all love eachother.

Parkwood High School 4

Posted September 09, 2011
We recently moved to NC from a big city and have now settled into Parkwood HS. We interviewed several schools prior to purchasing our home and Parkwood made our short list. This is certainly different from a metropolitan HS, but we are pleased with the learning environment, sports and club offerings. We have experienced caring teachers who are committed to our child's academic success and who have willingly communicated with us as parents. The guidance department was wonderful in helping us to acclimate to the school. Our principal and administration are accessible and hard working. Parents are involved and can be seen at games, plays and various other events. I was impressed to see the number of seniors who were awarded scholarships last semester. There are definitely newer, fancier schools in our county, but we are happy with the choice we made for our family. I am disappointed to see the low rating on this review, because it certainly does not reflect the experience we are having as we move into our second school year at Parkwood.

Parkwood High School 4

Posted April 03, 2010
I have a 15 year old son at parkwood. I am a single parent (father) with 3 sons. I have found parkwood to be doing a good job with my son. He takes honors classes and is an excellent baseball player. He likes the rural atmosphere that can sometimes make it more friendly than a larger city based school .He especially likes his Bible History class.

Parkwood High School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
My sons attended Parkwood High School - what a great school. They talk about 'Parkwood's Finest' - that would be the teachers - they absolutely go out of their way to teach these kids. They stay after for study groups - they tutor - whatever needs to be done, they are there for you. We had to move away from NC (job) - and the boys miss Parkwood terribly. The teachers had such an ability to reach out to kids. My oldest still uses techniques taught in his English III Honors class at his new high school -gotta love those sticky notes!! Don't hesitate to send your kids here - they will succeed.

Parkwood High School 0

Posted September 03, 2008
Geometry Teachers rock. My son was having a difficult time in her class and she tutored him in the mornings and afternoons after class. This type of committed is hard to find. Thanks.

Posted May 02, 2008
Both my boys went to Parkwood High School. The opportunities are there to succeed if you want them bad enough. The teachers are fair and they are there if your child needs extra help in any particular subject. Plenty of extra curriculative activities for everyone. Parkwood is a school that loves for parents to get involved. You too will fall in love with the school if you give it a chance.

Parkwood High School 1

Posted February 26, 2008

Posted January 26, 2008

Posted January 22, 2008

Parkwood High School
3220 Parkwood School Road, Monroe, NC  28112
Last modified Parkwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkwood High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top