Posted October 21, 2013
I have two teens at this school and both love it (they commute 40 mins each way just to attend). They really enjoy the athletic program (soccer), which results in their sense of belonging and school pride. The teachers (all but one) have been excellent, and both kids like their academy programs. I'd recommend this school to anyone in Union County looking to place their child in a smaller high school environment with higher academic achievement.

Posted August 04, 2013
Honestly this school makes me look forward to going to school. the work load isn't that bad, the teachers are help full and seem to genuinely care. Since the students all made a conscious decision to go there instead of their home school most of them seem to want to be there and are mostly lovely and amusing people. The theater and dance programs are amazing. The kids at cata are down to earth and easy going, their is a sense of family at cata that you wont find anywhere else.

Union County Career Center 1

Posted November 06, 2011
CATA is painted as a great school where everyone gets along and knows each other and a school that challenges their students. These are all LIES. The counselors say that honors classes are "not actually honors classes. The curriculum is identical to the CP [college prep/regular] classes." The students there are no different than any high school. The old principal had a pretty good handle on things in the school, but the new principal could care less about the students. He attempts to be everyone's friend instead of doing his duties as a principal. The teachers, for the most part, are not any better than you would find anywhere else in the county. There are probably two outstanding teachers I have had since I have been there. I would suggest applying to another school in the county such as Union Academy or Queen's Grant. I'm counting down the days until I can get out of CATA and I have been since the middle of my freshman year.. If you want your child to have a happy high school experience, DO NOT send them here.

Union County Career Center 2

Posted November 03, 2011
The new principal at CATA is a huge disappointment. Administratively, CATA has problems that did not exist last year when a different principal was heading the school. I have real concerns now that I did not have last year. I am hoping it gets better, but I suspect it won't. I never thought I would be disillusioned with this school which my child, an honor's student, once loved. Now, my child is just counting down until graduation. We were so thankful when she made it into CATA, now we don't feel that way anymore. We are torn between moving her to a new school with all the adjustments she would have to make or leaving her at CATA in the hope that it improves. I once would have recommended this school to everyone. Now I wouldn't advise anyone to go.

Posted April 16, 2011
My son has attended CATA since 9'th grade and will graduate June 2011. He absolutely loves this school! He is in the engineering program, and has always done well here. I can't think of one bad thing to say about this school. If they are teaching students well and they get good grades and love their school - then CATA is definitely doing something right.

Posted October 22, 2009

Posted September 26, 2009
I attend this school For theatre arts and this is one of the best schools in the county. There is a structured curriclum, and you dont see alot of bad behaivior. This school offers students a safe enviroment to learn. I love it A CATA

Posted March 01, 2009

Posted December 22, 2008
My oldest son attends this school. This is an excellent school. The staff is great, the facilities are great and the classes are structured in such a way that they keep my sons full attention. The program is a great way to help my son get ready for college.

Posted July 02, 2008

Union County Career Center
600 Brewer Drive, Monroe, NC  28112
Last modified Union County Career Center is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union County Career Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.