Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted April 21, 2016
The principal has said numerous cruel things to me and other parents in front of our kids.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted April 21, 2016
My kids have been victims of bullying and the principal has gone through my kids lunch boxes to see what I pack for lunch as well as drill them on their home environment. This makes the kids feel unsafe.

Posted March 20, 2012
I am a parent at Wesley Chapel Elementary and although change can be scary, I feel all the changes have been good. The school now has a proper security system that was long over due. Title 1 has given us 60 transfer students. Our new principal has made the transition go smoothly and everyone has settled in to the school community. Wesley Chapel is still a wonderful school with the leadership and resources to educate children of all skills and abilities.

Wesley Chapel Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2012
My child has been attending WCES for several years and I would agree with all the older positive reviews. However things have changed there beginning with the 2011-12 school year. A new principal has taken over and transformed this once warm friendly neighborhood school into an urban style learning compound. While some safety and security issues were in need of improvement, the pendulum has swung fully in the other direction. I'm surprised that the kids don't have to go through a metal detector on their way in. The new leadership (with the blessing of county administrators) has implemented numerous draconian protocols that have, in my opinion, changed this school for the worse. Throw in the fact that children from underperforming schools are now being bussed in and the picture is complete. The change from Wesley Chapel Elementary to Union County P.S. 13 has begun.

Posted June 04, 2011
You will never go wrong with this school. Exceptional Teachers & Staff. My Son has attended WCES since 2006 and next year will be his last year. So sad! Will always have a special place in my heart for Wesley Chapel Elementary.

Posted September 29, 2010
There is something special at Wesley Chapel that I've never felt at a school before. The attitude of the teachers and principal is so warm and welcoming. The kids are really cherished there, and it shows. My son completed 5 years there and is always eager to go back and visit for his 2nd grade sisters events, his former teachers always remember him and greet him with a big smile and a hug. As others have mentioned, the principal seems to know each childs name. It's just a great, warm and comforting environment for the kids, and it shows in their love of learning. I've been so impressed with the teaching curriculum, methods, and results.

Posted June 28, 2010
All three of my kids have attended or still attend Wesley Chapel. We absolutely love this school! The teachers are wonderful and the prinicple knows all the kids by name. Parent involvement is very high which is rare. Great education, great teachers, great atmosphere for learning...what more can you ask for!

Posted February 01, 2010
We have had children at Wesley Chapel Elementary for 4 years and continue to be impressed with all the staff and families!

Posted September 04, 2009
Our child just began attending Wesley Chapel Elementary and we couldn't be happier!!! It is such a wonderful school filled with very warm and caring teachers and staff members! We feel very fortunate to be sending our child to such a great school. It's been a fantastic beginning!!!

Posted August 16, 2008
Wesley Chapel Elementary School is one of the best schools I have experienced around the world. I have traveled around the world and lived in two countries. I was a teacher myself in my earlier career. Great Principal (who cares about students, parents and everyone visiting the school.) Great staff there (who greets everyone here with warmth and sincerity.) Very wonderful teachers (who not only care about children's well been and their academic needs.) Thank you Wesley Chapel School! We also look forward to the Middle School experience to be such warm and successful one!!!

110 Potter Rd South, Monroe, NC  28110
Last modified Wesley Chapel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.