Posted January 16, 2014
We love Sardis because: -We've had 3 excellent, A+ teachers in a row, who all did a great job of pushing my child academically while keeping school FUN. -I have a 2nd grader, and each grade has gotten a little more rigorous. 2nd grade is no joke here! My child is on track to being prepared for 3rd grade standards and tests next year. -I love that the PTA does fund raisers and other activities, because they're working actively toward improving MY child's school experience! I gladly contribute what/when I can. I am so thankful for an active PTA. -I love the way principal is visible and interacting with students many mornings during car line. She has such a kind, calm vibe. -I am ALWAYS kept informed, never in the dark, about school happenings through phone messages and newsletters. -The elective teachers rock! They take their jobs seriously, and come up with some great activities for the kids. -We love our bus driver, who is stern but kind. She tolerates no nonsense and keeps the kids safe. -You would NEVER guess this is a Title I school from walking down the halls. From the beautiful artwork to the happy hum of lots of kids ENJOYING learning - this school is TOP NOTCH!!!!!!

Posted April 01, 2011
This school has given my children a wonderful education. The teachers go out of their way to support the students, both academically and emotionally. As a parent, I know that learning should not stop at the door of the school. If my child needs my help counting pennies or signing an agenda after they read, that is the least I can do. I know that many parents feel the same as I do but, unfortunately, the ones who are looking to complain will find this website more easily. This is an amazing school with supportive administration and teachers. You would be lucky to have your child go here.

Sardis Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2010
In my five years as a Sardis parent, I have been very satisfied by the experience my son has had! The staff is loving and the school atmosphere is that of a family. About some of the comments preceding mine, the children are asked to walk in a line in the hall to avoid choas and so that they can hear instructions. When parents come for lunch, every table is needed in order to accomodate all students, so they must have a seating chart. The teachers ask parents to provide birthday treats for the entire class in fairness so that no child is left out. Union County (not Sardis) does not let you cook your own treats because of peanut allergies, which could be deadly. Fundraisers are so that the school has money to provide for it's students with a dwindling budget. This is a great school!

Posted April 09, 2010
Having both of my children attend Sardis through the years I can say that our experience was nothing but wonderful. The administration was always seen interacting with the students. The discipline is structured with a caring and respectful approach. Walking through the haalways I always noticed the childrens work on the walls and the wonderful artwork. I see here that some parents seem to be dissatisfied with procedures and experiences they have had. As a parent I too had some concerns about a few things and I took the time to go to the administration and I was welcomed into speak with the principal and felt very respected. This school is one of high quality educators that always made me feel welcomed.

Posted December 15, 2009
I was very disappointed in this school. The school is a Title I school...the school performs poorly and many of the children receive free lunch. The work they give to kindergarteners and first graders is non challenging. The children must walk down a solid line in the hallway and wave their arm in the air; the parent is segregated to have lunch with their child at a table adjacent a noisy line of children lining up for lunch. One teacher teacher treated me as if I were a child myself. Little joy going on here. You are not allowed to invite a few children from the class to your child's birthday party, you must invite all 30 children, regardless if you can accomodate that many. Forget baking anything for classroom parties. Will a parent poison the kids or put a peanut in the ingredients? They are a paranoid and joyless bunch.

Sardis Elementary School 2

Posted November 18, 2009
As a parent of a child in the exceptional needs program, I expected alot. I expected to at least get the same level of talent and care we had for Pre-K in Porter Ridge. Instead what we got is passivity, what appears to be no sense urgency, and a calculated effort by the prinipal, assistant principal, teacher, and para pros to keep all of these children not just mine seperated from the rest of the school and to do the absolute minimum that is required of them. Communication is non existent to very little. I rarely see the teacher unless I search her out. These children can not afford the non chalant attitude that seems rampant in this class. They need structure and an aggressive and fun approach to learning just like any other child. Unfortunately, this is not even close to what is happening.

Sardis Elementary School 1

Posted March 22, 2009
I have a kindergartner and a first Grader at this school, This school is not good at all, all it wants is money, every night they are having an 'Invest-in-a-kid' or a McDonald's night, or a Kate's Skate night or something to raise money for the school. They give little to no work and do not prepare their students for anything. Why do i know this? because i had a son that was in Sardis, he went there from 2nd-5th grade and now he is attending PRMS and is in the 6th grade. My son made all A's in Sardis and never had any work to do, and then when he went to PRMS he showed up with unsatisfactory grades, C's and D's, Sardis did not prepare my child, and I am considering to transfer my children to Metrolina.

Posted January 16, 2009
I have had two children at Sardis and I can say that it is solidly mediocre. They make five yr. old kids write their name in cursive, initial and otherwise print, then have parents initial their work. They make a big to-do about minor things. Want to make cupcakes for your child's class? You can't do that. Once, when I came to have lunch with my daughter, I was told I couldn't sit with her at an empty table, because 'that's not where they sit'. My kintergardener came home with a copy of the rules attached to her because she had the wrong top on. One last thing, in K-2, the work is unbelievably easy, not challenging.

Posted October 04, 2008

Posted August 29, 2008
The amount of homework and paperwork given to my children at this school was a burden to my family. Having to help one child write his name in sand, count out pennies, and do other tasks while managing full-time jobs and our older child's after school activities became a nightmare. Sardis teachers do not seem to believe that homework should be activities that children are capable of doing entirely on their own. Also, children at this school are held accountable when their parents fail to sign forms or agendas. I also wonder how single-parent families or those dealing with poverty, ailing family members, etc. could ever keep up with all the stuff required of young children at this school.

Sardis Elementary School
4416 Sardis Church Road, Monroe, NC  28110
Last modified Sardis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sardis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.