Public charter
Monroe, NC
Students enrolled: 1,204

Posted March 13, 2015
I have been a die-hard cardinal since kindergarten. I have fallen in love with this school and it is now my second home! The teachers and staff are my family and a great one they are. My academics are very important to lots of faculty here at UA and they hold very high standards for me. I am only a freshman this year but hearing what goes on at other local high schools, I can't imagine being anywhere else. People say that they hate our school when they first come in, but that is because they haven't experienced the family atmosphere for that long and it is a new and foreign concept to those coming from the UC public school system. I am excelling in all of my classes and my teachers are encouraging me to do better and be the best that I can be at this school. Although I am not a fan of the recent change of Administration or expansions, I am still in love with my school and wouldn't trade it for any other school. I would recommend this school for anyone who is new to the area because of its size and morals. I believe that all of the grade levels and campus' are great and I can tell you this first hand from experiencing all of them.

Union Academy Charter School 3

Posted October 01, 2014
We have been at this school for many years and I must say that while the lower campus is still true to the original charter, the middle and high schools have taken a serious nose dive. The administration all come from Monroe HS and thye dont have very high standards academically or in terms of character development. Money is spent on staff lounges, leadership trips while classes are now over crowded like the UC school system. Looking for other options for HS, which is sad as we have been hard core Cardinals for a long time. Wake up board and ask some questions!
4 people found this helpful

Posted June 26, 2014
We have just finished our third year at the Lower School at Union Academy. One of my children entered as a first grader after a disappointing kindergarten year in our zoned public elementary school . As a former teacher in both public and private schools, I can assure you that I have experienced only high quality instruction from dedicated and well-trained teachers at Union Academy. The expectations are high for both parents and students. Volunteer service is required of parents. Good character is emphasized along with academic excellence. I love the sense of community that I feel here at UA. I encourage you to visit the lower campus to see for yourself--it is a great place!
4 people found this helpful

Posted May 25, 2014
What an unfortunate turn for the worst this school has taken. There has been a recent change in upper management, and it is obvious that this is causing serious issues. We will not be sending our child back to this now awful institution. The teachers aren't qualified, the staff isn't interested in improving, and I would be very surprised if this school still exist in 5years.
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 07, 2014
I had heard good things about this school, but we were very disappointed with all aspects. We found it to be poorly organized and lacking in all areas. The quality of the teachers and staff was subpar, especially in comparison to the teachers and staff we have encountered in the Union County Public Schools system. The teachers at the lower campus seemed like they had no training or knowledge pertaining to dealing with young children. We pulled our child out of this school, enrolled in our local public elementary school and we are so happy with our decision. We would never go back to UA after experiencing what it is like to attend a good public school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 07, 2014
Great! They learn over there grade level. They need no improvement. If you move to Monroe, come here!

Union Academy Charter School 4

Posted February 20, 2014
This is our first year at this school and we find the teachers to be very caring, encouraging and quite proficient. My daughter's teachers genuinely love what they do. They incorporate creative ways to entice learning and solicit our input. They curriculum is appropriately challenging and we love their character development initiatives. Every staff member is so friendly and kind(Yes, they've seen me at my worst...) Every parent should feel welcome to the UA environment and experience. Even not-so-sociable parents like us are happy at UA. This school is top notch in ways that goes beyond just the great academics!!

Posted January 15, 2014
Love love love this school!! The teachers really care about and love their students! I am daily amazed by all that my daughter is learning!
2 people found this helpful

Union Academy Charter School 2

Posted November 20, 2013
It has changed so much and definitely not for the better. We will not be returning next year!
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 19, 2013
I have several children at Union Academy. I am pleased with the education they are receiving, however in light of recent events, the school has proven that they do not have consequences for the children. Unfortunately, this school has proven that it CANNOT "do the right thing even when no one is looking". Good education but sadly lacking in discipline and good morals.
5 people found this helpful

Union Academy Charter School
675 North Ml King Jr Blvd, Monroe, NC  28110
Last modified Union Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top