Public charter
Monroe, NC
Students enrolled: 1,204

Union Academy Charter School 3

Posted October 01, 2014
We have been at this school for many years and I must say that while the lower campus is still true to the original charter, the middle and high schools have taken a serious nose dive. The administration all come from Monroe HS and thye dont have very high standards academically or in terms of character development. Money is spent on staff lounges, leadership trips while classes are now over crowded like the UC school system. Looking for other options for HS, which is sad as we have been hard core Cardinals for a long time. Wake up board and ask some questions!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 26, 2014
We have just finished our third year at the Lower School at Union Academy. One of my children entered as a first grader after a disappointing kindergarten year in our zoned public elementary school . As a former teacher in both public and private schools, I can assure you that I have experienced only high quality instruction from dedicated and well-trained teachers at Union Academy. The expectations are high for both parents and students. Volunteer service is required of parents. Good character is emphasized along with academic excellence. I love the sense of community that I feel here at UA. I encourage you to visit the lower campus to see for yourself--it is a great place!
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 25, 2014
What an unfortunate turn for the worst this school has taken. There has been a recent change in upper management, and it is obvious that this is causing serious issues. We will not be sending our child back to this now awful institution. The teachers aren't qualified, the staff isn't interested in improving, and I would be very surprised if this school still exist in 5years.

Posted May 07, 2014
I had heard good things about this school, but we were very disappointed with all aspects. We found it to be poorly organized and lacking in all areas. The quality of the teachers and staff was subpar, especially in comparison to the teachers and staff we have encountered in the Union County Public Schools system. The teachers at the lower campus seemed like they had no training or knowledge pertaining to dealing with young children. We pulled our child out of this school, enrolled in our local public elementary school and we are so happy with our decision. We would never go back to UA after experiencing what it is like to attend a good public school.

Posted May 07, 2014
Great! They learn over there grade level. They need no improvement. If you move to Monroe, come here!

Union Academy Charter School 4

Posted February 20, 2014
This is our first year at this school and we find the teachers to be very caring, encouraging and quite proficient. My daughter's teachers genuinely love what they do. They incorporate creative ways to entice learning and solicit our input. They curriculum is appropriately challenging and we love their character development initiatives. Every staff member is so friendly and kind(Yes, they've seen me at my worst...) Every parent should feel welcome to the UA environment and experience. Even not-so-sociable parents like us are happy at UA. This school is top notch in ways that goes beyond just the great academics!!

Posted January 15, 2014
Love love love this school!! The teachers really care about and love their students! I am daily amazed by all that my daughter is learning!

Union Academy Charter School 2

Posted November 20, 2013
It has changed so much and definitely not for the better. We will not be returning next year!

Posted September 19, 2013
I have several children at Union Academy. I am pleased with the education they are receiving, however in light of recent events, the school has proven that they do not have consequences for the children. Unfortunately, this school has proven that it CANNOT "do the right thing even when no one is looking". Good education but sadly lacking in discipline and good morals.

Union Academy Charter School 4

Posted September 07, 2013
My School is Union Academy. I have been attending this school since 2nd grade and I am now in 8th. This school is a good school because of what they teach. The only thing that they really need to improve on is the everyday bells because kids get locked out of the school :(. Otherwise this school is great with character, diversity. Plus if your child is struggling with academics they always have tutoring to help them. This is truly a great school

Union Academy Charter School
675 North Ml King Jr Blvd, Monroe, NC  28110
Last modified Union Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top