Posted July 03, 2014
Wow! Talk about a school on the move. As teachers, we are constantly looking at data so that we can grow all students. Yes, the work can be intense, BUT it is worth it! We get results. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Posted February 22, 2014
Sun Valley Elementary the best elementary school. The school has the best leadership. When your children love going to school and learning how can a parent say anything but how amazing the school is.

Sun Valley Elementary School 2

Posted February 14, 2014
Please, please read before sending your kid(s) here. Don't be fooled by appearances! This school is not a school of encouragement, wanting to reach higher in your potential, inviting environment, kid friendly or just a school you are excited to be at and learn. The school and teachers look and act like their guided under fear. The front office is soooooo cold and I have never had a warm/welcoming reception. The whole school looks like a great place, but it's just window dressing. The teachers seem okay, but I think their limited by the "powers that be." Sad. When higher grade kids are told, "sit kris cross applesauce and up straight" on the floor to read clearly the principal is out of touch as to how kids learn differently (seating, comfort level, etc.). From a parent who wants to support public education there are better schools to send your kids to. Don't go by the number on this page, I did and I regret it!!!!!!!!! Side note: When attending a function that is presented by the kid(s) clubs be prepared for rude parents that talk, get up, make noise and allow kids to run around during the performances. Looks like the parents could have a little etiquette class too.

Sun Valley Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2013
Seems to be more of a dictatorship. Kids are expected to chant the value statement over and over. Teachers are good. Administration is not.

Posted September 24, 2013
This is my daughter's third year and my son's first year and the communication and education is excellent in this school! I don't want my kids going any where else!

Posted February 09, 2013
We love the school. My son flourishes under the guidance of the entire staff. We love how the school embraces diversity and different cultures. Parents are encouraged to volunteer to make the school great...that goes for any school of course, but we love how inviting it is for parents to get involved at SVES.

Sun Valley Elementary School 0

Posted June 03, 2009
School is brand new, good teachers and good curriculum.

Sun Valley Elementary School
5200 Rogers Road, Monroe, NC  28110
Last modified Sun Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sun Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.