Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I know all 3 of her teachers have used their own personal finances to enhance the success of their students... purchasing supplies, books, treats, even curriculum programs for the classroom.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers choose a student of the week each week from their class based on a character trait of the month. These students get their name called on the announcements and have their name put up in the hall for all to see. The staff works together to stop bullying and help the students learn how to help as well.

My daughter is in 2nd grade and has had an awesome school experience so far at Shepherd. Her teachers have all done an excellent job communicating with us. She is reading above grade level, and they have offered her challenges to help her continue to grow... and though her reading level is high, she actually prefers math. I know her teachers have helped encourage that interest as well. Shepherd is a community school. Most of the teachers have been there for an extended time, and it's so nice to be greeted by name by many staff members. My daughter loves that all the classrooms have projectors, so she often comes home telling us about things she learned with the help of the Smart Board that day. Today she wanted to start her homework with the help of Spelling City (.com) as soon as she walked in the door, so I know she is adding technology tools to her skillbank. I'm looking forward to her future opportunities with things like Girls on the Run and robotics as well. I highly recommend Shepherd Elementary School!

This school needs new teachers. I am so tired of seeing the teachers frowning and yelling at the children. I think if the school sent home a teacher evaluation form for the parents at the end of each year they would be able to weed out the bad teachers. I have two kids that have been there for 3 years and I can only say that I've met 3 teachers worth bragging on. Very disappointed with the way the children are treated. I've also seen a lot of favoritism at this school from teachers towards certain students. No way I would ever recommend this school, I am looking into home schooling next year because I wouldn't want to spend my day with the people my children have to.

School is not like is use to be. New principal and things are not the same. The principal can make or break a school Really hate it for the children.

We moved just prior to this school this year 2013-2014. My older daughter is in 4th grade and she went from a C student at her other school to being on A/B honor roll! We absolutely love her 4th grade teacher Ms. Atwater. However, our son started Kindergarten at Shepherd and I have very little positive to say. He needed evaluation for an IEP and his teacher told me she had no idea how to initiate the process. She is far from a new teacher so I went to the principal, the superintendent and the director of the exceptional children's program to get the evaluation. In my opinion, Kindergarten sets the stage for the child's education experience, I can only hope that first grade is better.

Good enviroment for children and great teachers and the principal is one of ther best. Teachers are interested in teaching not socializing and to me that is a plus for any school. The teachers care about ALL the students and families.

I have had children in Shepherd for 5 years and we have loved it. Last year was a bit of a speed bump with a new principal, but she has been replaced and we're hoping for another great year. The school is getting bigger, the building is expanding, but even with that, there are still GREAT teachers and a good old country feel to the school. Everyone feels welcome and parent involvement has greatly improved over the past couple of years.

My daughter has been attending Shephers for five years. It has been an amazing experience for her and me. The teachers are excellent and she has really learned alot.This is a terrific school.

Last modified Shepherd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.