Shepherd Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2014
School is not like is use to be. New principal and things are not the same. The principal can make or break a school Really hate it for the children.

Shepherd Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2014
We moved just prior to this school this year 2013-2014. My older daughter is in 4th grade and she went from a C student at her other school to being on A/B honor roll! We absolutely love her 4th grade teacher Ms. Atwater. However, our son started Kindergarten at Shepherd and I have very little positive to say. He needed evaluation for an IEP and his teacher told me she had no idea how to initiate the process. She is far from a new teacher so I went to the principal, the superintendent and the director of the exceptional children's program to get the evaluation. In my opinion, Kindergarten sets the stage for the child's education experience, I can only hope that first grade is better.

Posted May 21, 2010
Good enviroment for children and great teachers and the principal is one of ther best. Teachers are interested in teaching not socializing and to me that is a plus for any school. The teachers care about ALL the students and families.

Posted July 13, 2009
I have had children in Shepherd for 5 years and we have loved it. Last year was a bit of a speed bump with a new principal, but she has been replaced and we're hoping for another great year. The school is getting bigger, the building is expanding, but even with that, there are still GREAT teachers and a good old country feel to the school. Everyone feels welcome and parent involvement has greatly improved over the past couple of years.

Posted September 02, 2008
My daughter has been attending Shephers for five years. It has been an amazing experience for her and me. The teachers are excellent and she has really learned alot.This is a terrific school.

Posted May 01, 2008

Posted August 21, 2006
Shepherd School is a super place to learn. We appreciate the education our child is receiving at this school. We love Shepherd School!

Shepherd Elementary School 3

Posted May 01, 2006
I think Shepard Elementary has its good points and its bad points. Yes they are a school of excellance but all that means is that the children are being prepped very well to take these tests. What about the children's creativity? Is this not important. I see absolutely no creative artwork, as a matter of fact I see no artwork coming home at all. Music -not fun at all. My children came from different schools and maybe the school's test scores weren't as high but my children's outlook on school was much higher! They enjoyed and had fun going to school, I am now dealing with children who do not enjoy school. What good is a school of excellance if the children are not being allowed to be children and have fun while learning. If they dont like school now, in elementary what will happen when they reach High School?

Shepherd Elementary School
1748 Charlotte Highway, Mooresville, NC  28115
Last modified Shepherd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shepherd Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top