Bad
Good

Mooresville Middle 1

Posted November 17, 2014
My son attended Mooresville Middle School for one year (Grade 7) upon moving to North Carolina and I can honestly say it was one of the worst years of his life. The students and staff are not welcoming to "outsiders" and the athletic teams are not chosen by ability, but by who your parents are and what their social status is. The teachers use the school issued computers to do their jobs for them and do not prepare lectures for the students. Students watch videos on their computers and answer questions online for submission while the teachers sit back and text, eat, and sit on Facebook during class time. If you are looking for a solid educational institution for your child, consider looking elsewhere.

Posted April 13, 2014
The academics at MMS are excellent. The usage of laptops for schoolwork is innovative and highly effective. The teachers are immensely qualified. But most importantly, my daughter loves attending school there. The only drawback I can think of is that the school is so large that I feel there aren't enough extra curricular activities/sports for children to choose from. The teams sizes are small and they only get to choose so many athletes for each sport, so it's very competitive if you try out for a sport that you don't excel in. There is no room for beginners in anything there. Other than that...MMS is awesome.

Posted September 15, 2012
I have taught in a few other schools, but nothing quite like MMS. I have been there nearly 8 years. My colleagues are so kind to one another and helpful. I really love the students, and even when I am having behavioral or academic issues with some there is support at home. Obviously technology is a big deal but we focus not just on that, but on 21st century skills (collaboration, creativity, innovation, etc.) as a whole.

Posted September 21, 2011
I have three sons two of the three went to Lake Norman Elem/ Woodland Heights, Brawley Middle School, and Lake Norman HS. Though they did well, I knew with their culture it would not be a good fit for my third son who transferred from Lakeshore Middle School into Mooresville Middle. I am in awe at the difference. Firstly I love the down to earth attitude yet with an apparent eagerness and zest for education. The air macs that the kids receive are very savvy and it makes me proud to know that he will be learning another operating system that will ultimately make him more marketable in the future. They received amazing laptop backpacks which was a big deal because he had back problems last year due to all the books he had to carry to class. Their laptops are only 2lbs and takes the place of all books. The sports programs are amazing! They put integrity, and grades first but excelling in extracurriculars are encouraged. My son, for once in his life is motivated to excel in his school work because he is an athlete and would like to remain one. I will update after the year but so far....top notch!!!!

Posted November 15, 2010
What a fabulous school MMS is! We have had children there for the past three years. Great Educators in a wonderful environment. My oldest daughter excelled at MMS and was more than prepared for High School. Great programs offered, sports/clubs/band with very caring staff. Good parent involvement. It all starts with the principal. Mrs. Tulbert is fantastic! Way to go MMS!

Posted April 10, 2010
I love this school the teachers are nice and are school have a lot of nice technology like the laptops.

Mooresville Middle 2

Posted August 27, 2008
Its a great school as far as hayseeds are concerned. It could be better but its not located on the right side of the tracks. I'll do my research first though. You want parents to be more involved...? You just got your wish!!!!

Posted August 19, 2008
These are refined and refreshing students to teach; I Substituted for several teachers and found the students to be well-trained and well taught. Thank You students 4 and Staff for allowing me to be blessed by your company!

Mooresville Middle

Posted March 26, 2008
My 12 year old has been a Mooresville City School student since P-K and I could not be happier! He is an A-B Honor Roll Student again this year and his math and science scores are off the charts! I cannot say enough good things about the faculty and staff in this district. I am a single parent and just could not teach the things he has learned in this district. Thank You All!

Posted May 15, 2004
My son transferred to MMS at the start of his eighth grade year from Brawley Middle. We wish now we would have put him the city school system back when we moved into the city limits 5 years ago! He loves MMS and doesn't miss the overcrowding or the politics from the county schools. Looking forward to Mooresville High next year!

Mooresville Middle
233 Kistler Farm Road, Mooresville, NC  28115
Last modified Mooresville Middle is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.