Posted June 13, 2014
My youngest just finished her final year at Park View. My oldest daughter received an excellent start here and still talks about her 3rd grade teacher and how she helped her learn to love reading. She is in AG reading and made the A/B Honor Role all of this past school year. My youngest had some struggles in 1st grade with reading and the teachers recognized it early and got her the help she needed. All of the teachers as well as the principal have been very involved with the process of helping her. Last year she attended a summer reading camp and will attend one this summer as well. Both of these camps have been offered at no cost to us. Additionally, the school has upgraded their security. You must come straight into the office, sign in and enter your driver's license and get a visitor badge with your picture on it. The staff will then open the door for you to enter the main part of the school. Also, when my oldest daughter had a problem with a bully in 3rd grade the teacher and principal and assistant principal took immediate steps to address the situation.

Park View Elementary 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Teachers for the most part are good. They really care about students. The front office and leadership team needs to work together as a team and communicate to the team

Park View Elementary 1

Posted May 18, 2013
As with all Mooresville Graded Schools in the District, "No Child Left Behind" only applies to those who are "easy" to teach. A student with challenging behaviors gets to spend a great deal of time learning nothing at home. EC children/parents constantly have rights violated and many don't even realize that they have lost a right. The district consistently puts the needs of the majority before the needs of the minority. My friend with a typical child sold her house and moved because she wasn't happy with her daughters education. I have fought the school district ever since my EC son entered school to ensure his rights; however, I still have to take out loans and pay a small fortune to learning centers such as Sylvan to close the gaps created by a school who refuses to educate my child. He has even been permitted to take naps in the 2nd grade! I know from experience the bordering district, Iredell-Statesville Schools is also Terrible and has been in litigation multiple times because of violation of rights for EC children. If you live in this area, be prepared to pay for private school or get on the list for a charter!

Park View Elementary 3

Posted January 18, 2012
Everyone raves about this school district, but after experiencing it for the past 5 months I have to wonder how bad surrounding districts are if this is the "best"! They practice "No Child Left Behind" to the fullest extent, but if your child is advanced or shows talent, don't plan on coming here for any type of advanced classes or challenging curriculum for your child. Every week I am shocked by something that occurs at this school, from the use of physical punishment (walking laps, loss of chair and being forced to stand) to the fact that there is virtually NO physical security at this school. At any time you can walk in the front door, turn down the hall to avoid the office, and walk around the entire school without being challenged...try it...I have done so multiple times! The ONLY reason that I give this school ANY credit is the fact that the teachers are great people and really care about the children! If it were not for my children loving their teachers I would have already pulled them out. Test scores are nice, access to laptops is nice...but the safety and happiness of the children is much more important! Visit this school before enrolling your children!

Park View Elementary 4

Posted August 10, 2011
The school is great but they need to replace the principal...Mr. Catone. He does not know what he is doing. Teachers are great. Assistant Prinicipal is great and should be the head principal.

Posted November 15, 2010
Park View Elementary is a fabulous school! Very dedicated administration, teachers and volunteers! i am amazed at the work that everyone puts into making this the school one of the best in the area! "Every Child Every Day" is the Mooresville Graded School District motto. Park View Elementary excels where this is concerned...they really are about ALL of the children!

Posted April 19, 2010
I will have my third child entering Parkview in the fall and I am, and have always been, very impressed with all the staff and students at this school. I see so many cooperative exchanges with so many different kids with different needs and expectations. The pricipal, teachers, ta's, office staff, and students all seem to share the idea of working for collective success. The technology applications that they are using are really impressive and the kids love them. The Mooresville School System really does seem to know what it's doing and how to do it well.

Park View Elementary 0

Posted February 04, 2010

Posted January 29, 2010
Although some parents may be turned off at first to learn that Park View is a Title 1 school, please do not let that determine your decision. Before moving to Mooresville we attended a school in an upper-middle class neighborhood and while the parent involvement was higher in that school, the education at Parkview is so much better. I think because there is a large percentage (40%) of economically disadvantaged students, the teachers and staff are very proactive and dedicated to providing the best possible education using researched based curriculum. They do not wait for students to fail. They look for problems and work to fix them before they become serious. The principle, Dr. Hill, is awesome. I registered my kids during the summer and on our way into school on the first day Dr. Hill actually said hello to my children and used their names.

Park View Elementary 0

Posted September 20, 2009
At Park View we strive to reach and teach Every Child, Everyday, Every Chance. We have a staff and parent team that is highly dedicated to improving student learning and achievement.

Park View Elementary
217 West McNeely Avenue, Mooresville, NC  28115
Last modified Park View Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park View Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.