South Elementary

Public | PK-3 | 552 students

Sweep tile

Posted March 6, 2014

I am a mother of 3, my oldest attended South Elementary K-3 and my younger two are currently attending South Elementary (both started in kindergarten). They all absolutely LOVE this school, as do my husband & myself! The teachers (all of them) are wonderful, caring and just truly amazing people, the principal (Dr Debra Marsh) does a outstanding job at this school along with the children that attend. We are all completely happy with all the years we have been here!

Posted September 18, 2013

My son has been a student of this school for the 4th year now. He loves to go to school, teachers are great, they are highly committed to the success of every student.

Posted August 13, 2012

My daughter is about to begin her 1st grade year. We had a rough teacher in the beginning of kindy and we met with the prinicipal and she changed her teacher for us. The kindergarten teacher we got after was AMAZING! She made my daughter have a wonderful kindy experience. We can not wait to begin this year!

Posted October 4, 2009

South Elementary is full of wonderful teachers and staff that truly care about it students. My daughter's Kindergarten teacher has gone out of her way to help my little girl adjust and learn. My little girl is developmentally delayed, the city of Mooresville and the school system has stepped up to the plate to help my daughter get to her learning potential. Thank you South for helping my little girl. You are a school of excellence. I hope you win.

Posted September 17, 2009

The teacher sure is bringing out the best in my granddaughter-her compassion and knowledge in how to handle situations seems to be the best-I applaud her and the school.

Posted September 16, 2009

I love the size of this school. Growing up I always felt lost in a sea of students and teachers. They are able to give more attention to a smaller group of kids.

Posted July 29, 2009

My daughter goes to this school and I just love the hours,teachers and how clean and safe it is

Posted September 19, 2006

I think South is a great school. The teachers and staff are sweet and very helpful. I hope I can send my other child there when she is old enough.

Posted March 26, 2004

This is an excellent school. Friendly caring attitude and excellent academics.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

>95%

2011

2010

Reading

The state average for Reading was 45% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 North Carolina used End-of-Grade (EOG) tests to assess students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science. The EOG is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of North Carolina. Students must pass the grade 8 EOG test in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level on the tests.

Source: North Carolina Department of Public Instruction

Migrantn/a
Non-migrant65%
Academically giftedn/a
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, data for that group is not reported.

Source: North Carolina Department of Public Instruction

• SACS
Fax number
  • (704) 664-5103

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now