Posted May 26, 2013
My daughter is in the 9th grade and loves it. She can't wait to go to school everyday. Her teachers are nice and the homework is not overwhelming in her honors courses.

Posted April 22, 2013
Unbelievable school, two of my daughters graduated from Lake Norman High and both are graduating from college this year. The preparation they received here completely prepared them for college and one of them is graduating Magna Cum Laude! My younger daughter is attending Pine Lake Prep and will be transferring to Lake Norman next year because there is absolutely no comparison between the two schools, Lake Norman wins hands down! Lake Norman provides a well-rounded education with many clubs and extracurricular activities that encourage the students to thrive at whatever it is that interests them. I too would go out of my way to assure my child attended this school because of the top graduation rate in the state and the outstanding education that this school provides.

Posted April 22, 2013
Very happy with this school, cannot say enough good things about it. My kids love Lake Norman High School and are doing well. The teachers are extremely warm and caring unlike other schools we have attended and made their transition to a new school easy. I must say I was impressed to see that the principal has such an incredible rapport with the students and the atmosphere is highly conducive to an enjoyable educational experience. A parent cannot complain when their children come home from school and are excited about sharing what they learned in school! I would not hesitate to recommend Lake Norman High School and now understand why everyone recommended this school district to us.

Posted December 06, 2011
Would I drive 30 minutes to get my child to the high school with the top graduation rate in the state? My answer is YES, YES, and YES! Traffic issues aside, this is a wonderful school in a fantastic area. To resolve the traffic issue, we were blessed to be able to recently purchase a new home across the street, so that our student's drive to this school will actually be only about 5 minutes through one stop light. We thought we wouldn't be able to get a loan with all of the sky is falling media coverage of the housing market, but it was surprisingly easy and a very smooth process with the new builder there. With all of that said, save your money on private schooling and put it to living in this district! 95% of students who attend this school go on to college. This tells you all that you need to know about the type of parents who will be your neighbors if your child goes to this school. The teachers are great and the principal is awesome; our family loves it!

Lake Norman High School 4

Posted November 21, 2011
We moved here this past summer from Illinois. So far we are satisfied with the academics offered at Lake Norman. The school's main problem is that it is too big for the town's road system and I'm not sure what or if anything is planned to overcome the issue. Over 2000 students are required to pass through one intersection to get to the road that the school is on...then everyone, except buses, are required to enter through one single lane entrance. I live 8 miles from the school an it takes at least 30 minutes to get my child to school. A second school entrance needs to be instituted, either from the rear parking area off of Doolie Road or from Hwy 150 coming into the back of the school. It is dangerous and maddening dealing with it everyday. This is something to consider when moving here and choosing a school for your new high school driver!

Posted September 18, 2011
The school has a strong principal, excellent teachers and very good coaches. My daughter has been at this school for four years and I am hoping my other two daughters will also attend this school. They have challenging academic programs and a good environment if your child does what they are supposed to do in HS which is work hard and do not get mixed up with the wrong crowed (parents we chose our kids friends!).

Posted September 06, 2009

Posted April 30, 2009
We moved here from MD in 2007. Our LD child has absolutely blossomed in the OCS program, as well as the extracurricular activities that she can participate in that were not available to her in our previous home. The other students (mainstream and OCS) treat her with kindness and respect and make her feel welcomed and part of the student body. We are so happy to be part of LNHS! My ONLY complaint is the inconsistency of school-home communication, but the teachers do respond promptly when you initiate the communication.

Lake Norman High School 1

Posted February 05, 2009
Lake Norman is one of the worst high schools ever! I had 4 children that finished high school at 4 different high school in NC. North Meck., Mooresville High, Lake Norman, and Davidson Day School. The teacher's do a poor job of letting the parents know how there child is doing. Safety could be better. Administers need to be more in the ball with there job. All they students need to get recognized! Not just the best!

Lake Norman High School 3

Posted February 04, 2009

Lake Norman High School
186 Doolie Road, Mooresville, NC  28117
Last modified Lake Norman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Norman High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top