Bad
Good

The principal of this school has no forward thinking and can't think beyond the nose on his face. Very poor judgement and it is very concerning as this has been brought to the attention of the districts board member and the Superintendent. The 2014-2015 school year started with 3 classrooms not having a teacher at the open house. Very poorly managed and underwhelmed with the response of the district when issues brought to light. The leadership is maintaining this school at best. Our kids deserve better!

I'm mixed feelings about the school. I have 2 children who attend here, and teacher quality varies from very good to very poor. Many rely on Moby Max to teach the kids and give little homework. Expectation run very high but there is a lack of support and great teaching to help kids meet this standard.

We were not impressed with this school. It is over crowded. I don't think the principal does a great job at all. I won't go into details, as the last 2 reviews who mentioned anything negative about Principal Mills were deleted. There are better options in Mooresville!

My daughter started 1st grade at this school and I could not be more thrilled with the teacher. She was absolutely wonderful. However, gossip with the parents and students is out of control. I thought moving to this school district would be better so I am quite disappointed. Principal Mills did an excellent job this year, however his wife likes to use his "authority". There is way too much favoritism when the principals wife is a big gossip and telling other parents "don't worry, my husband will take care of it" type of deal. Parental involvement was not up to my expectations. We are now looking into the Mooresville Graded School District but are very grateful for my daughter's wonderful teacher this year. I just can not give this school a rating above 2 stars with the immaturity I see in adults who are supposed to be role models and leaders for our children.

This is our second year at WHE. Have to say that this year is MUCH less stellar than last year. MAJOR issues with class distribution in the 1st grade leaving several classes stacked w/problem students & lack of parental involvement/help. Also, rampant bullying in all grades...wouldnt' think that would be an issue at a school in such an affluent area, but it is. Principal has been promoted, which is a good thing, as he really isn't the phenomenal leader he's made out to be--it's truly the amazing PTO & parents who make things happen at WHE--he just happens to be around to take credit. Not a fan of his & am happy he's moving on. The A.P., Mr. Mills, is GREAT--friendly, sincere, responsive, logical, practical; he actually gets things done; hoping he gets a fair shot at the principalship. Teachers vary by grade. Most are great, but there are the few who seem overwhelmed & not with the program. Also, not all the classes in a grade level follow the same curriculum, which is frustrating. AIG program is a joke! Also, school is nearly at capacity. If moving to the area, be sure to check out Lake Norman--friends RAVE about it & they have about 350 less students making the ratios better.

Excellent school! Wonderful, caring teachers & staff! It's like a private school but in the public school sector. MAJOR parent involvement!!! Amazing, energized, enthusiastic PTO--they organize a variety of events & fundraisers and keep parents involved. The principal, Ethan Todd, and assistant principal, Brian Mills, are both personable, attentive, and easy-to-access. Parents and children LOVE WHE!

We love our school because we have great teachers who care about the kids, and our kids love to go to school.

Incredible elementary school! I know of nowhere where you can find the quality of teachers and the additional parental involvement that this school has. It is well run and has zero tolerance for behavior issues. Tons of choices for after school activities and enrichment. This is our fifth year in Woodland Heights.

It is a great school and the teachers are super!

Wondeful public school. Parents are highly involved and teachers are well educated and experienced.

Last modified Woodland Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.