Bad
Good

I have a daughter who just graduated from EMIS and a son who entered EMIS in 2009 after we adopted him from China. Our son now excels in high school because he received such a good start in EMIS. When he came home our son had absolutely no English. The ESL teacher went above and beyond to help him learn as did the other teachers at EMIS. Our daughter has done extremely well at EMIS and of course she did not have the language barrier that our son did. All of the teachers that my children have had were very interested in the students and take every opportunity to encourage them.

I can't tell you how many children are troublemakers in this school. My son comes home and every day has a story about how some kids got into a fist fight or a verbal fight. he tells me children use inappropriate language and use proxies to get around the schools laptop block and go on facebook,youtube, myspace etc... People assume that the computers will give everyone a satisfactory education but I think in Ohio, where I am originally from, my son got a WAY better education then he did here. He said that all the stuff the teachers thought was just repeats from 4 and 5th grade. My son is in 6th. Also, the teachers care so much about silly stuff and don't care a lot about serious stuff. My son told me a girl was caught cussing someone out a teacher nearby heard and just shock her head. That is not okay, that girl needed more punishment and he said that it is NOT the first time she cussed someone out and that she is ALWAYS making trouble along with multiple other people in this school. My son said her heard some kids talking about doing drug when they get older. My son SHOULD not be growing up hearing this. Also, the vice principal does more then the principal. This is just my view.

Our son just started 4th grade at EMIS. He was anxious to say the least because it was a new school for him. On the first day of school we received a call from his teacher just to reassure us that he was doing well. This is how they operate at EMIS. It's a wonderful school with extremely dedicated teachers and staff.

EMIS is a fabulous school with strong teachers and adminstrators! With the MGSD technology initiatve each student has their own laptop; this far exceeds what most school districts are doing. It is amazing to see what these kids are doing! The PTO continues to provide outstanding materials for the school and teachers as well as host functions. My daughter had a great time at the Father/Daughter mascarade ball! Love this school!

EMIS is a great school and excels in strong teachers and staff. Positive atmosphere condusive to structured learning and students are given much encouragement and knowledge to meet their academic goals. There are many extracurricular things the school/staff/parents/PTA do for students. I have found my child to have excelled at this wonderful school. I highly recommend it. Mooresville Graded School District in general really does have excellent schools.

Special programs are difficult to find out about and hard to get accepted into. i.e. behavior classes, extra help for needy students, etc.

This is a great new school and will continue to improve as the staff gains momentum and experience with more years working together. The kids and parental support are awesome.

Last modified East Mooresville Intermediate is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.