Posted June 14, 2013
This school has the best of both worlds: the advantages of a large school such as technology and arts programs; and the warmth and inviting environment of a small school with caring staff and involved parents.

Morehead City Primary School 1

Posted March 27, 2012
My child attended this school for Kindergarten and First Grade 2009 and 2010. We were lucky to get two great teachers (there are many who are not good). The administration of the school was awful. They constantly pull the kids from valueable class time to attend events that are costly and not educational. It's no wonder there is not enough time to cover what they should by the end of each year. Transition to a good school required a summer of homeschooling for my child which was a top student at MCPS. Tiller is a good option if you win the lottery and are accepted. But, if you can afford it, send your child to St. Egbert. If those options don't work, homeschool or move to another area. MCPS is crowded, so the wonderful equipment and impressive spaces you see are useless unless your child is aggressive enough to fight for a spot. As for a warm atmosphere, I would've settle for a respectful, professional atmosphere.

Morehead City Primary School 0

Posted June 19, 2009
I have been very pleased with this school. My daughter is entering the second grade this coming up year. At this point I have had no negative experiences with the school. I feel that both of her teachers have went above and beyond what I expected.

Morehead City Primary School 2

Posted February 14, 2008
I have 2 children at this school. I just got there report cards they have made no progress at all since the first of the year! Test score don't tell whats really going on! This is the worst school my kids have been to. Thank goodness we are moving in a month! I won't have to deal with it any more!

Posted July 23, 2007
I am absolutely thrilled with MCPS! I have two children both attending the school and both have had wonderful experiences there. The staff is caring and competent. The atmosphere of the school is kid-friendly and warm. I have seen my children's teachers go above and beyond 'call of duty' for the students in their clas, spending their own money on supplies, clothes, and basic necessities for their students. I am grateful for the great things accomplished by the school and can't wait for next school year! (My kids can't wait for school to begin!)

Morehead City Primary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
this is absolutely an average school. You basically play your cards due to a 50-50 chance that your child will have a good year. Last year was horrible for my child. I felt she was not challenged enough and that she was just another student. this year however she has a new teacher to the school and so far the whole school staff has been very considerate and has also been very co-operative with me. I anticipate a wonderful school year and have reconsidered transferring to another system.

Morehead City Primary School 2

Posted July 11, 2006
It was by far the worst school my kids attended. Yes, the test scores are high but at what cost? When we moved to another area, they were behind in all areas. The teachers are caring but the principal was more worried about test scores than the students.

Posted April 10, 2006
I love MCP school. All my child's teachers have been wonderful.My child had gone to a different school the year before. They held him back because he was behind in reading. My child has a learning disability, but we did not know. His teacher at MCP suspected the problem and we had him tested.Thank God someone finally figured out the problem! Now he is doing great in school! He loves it there!

Morehead City Primary School 4

Posted August 02, 2005
- a former student
Well run school. Extremely caring staff. Nice small town feel. Large diverse student population.

Morehead City Primary School
4409 Country Club Rd, Morehead Cit, NC  28557
Last modified Morehead City Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morehead City Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.