W A Young Elementary 4

Posted July 28, 2011
We offer a safe, caring environment, excellent education, and a variety of extra-curricular activities. Many opportunities are open for parent involvement.

Posted February 27, 2008
This is the first year my children have went to W.A. Young and have done more at this school pertaining to school work than the other school they previously went to (want mention no name) both of my girls love this school and have learned so much. To speak of sports I prefer a school who focuses on academics yes kids love sports that why you can envolve them in other school nearby for sports. I have no regrets putting my kids in W.A. Young School it was the best decision I have made

Posted November 03, 2007
My son just started kindergarten this year at WA Young. I have had nothing but great things to say about this school! I am glad I put my child there! He has wonderful teachers that have really taught him alot! Thanks so much!!!!

W A Young Elementary 2

Posted July 26, 2007

W A Young Elementary 2

Posted June 19, 2007
There are outstanding teachers at this school but no parent involment the school has struggled since opening. Many behavior problems are being moved to the school and the teachers are overwhelmed with discipline problems. I feel the school needs to be revamped with a mix of students. I feel like the the teachers and administration is feeling defeated. I visit the school often and I know how hard the faculty works and they are a very caring group. They need help.

W A Young Elementary 4

Posted July 28, 2006
I feel this school has a great teaching staff and they are very aware of the developmental concerns of each child. I have been involved in many ways at the school and do not see much other parent involvement. It disturbs me that someone would post something negative about this school. My child has greatly enjoyed their time here. No, there are no sports team...however a school is about academics not always just sports. The children are able to play sports at nearby schools and also the recreational department. The main reason there are no sports is because no parent wants to take the responsibility to take charge and raise the funds.

Posted May 03, 2005

W A Young Elementary 3

Posted April 07, 2005
This School has no sports to speak of! Also, the staff is not educated to deal with the rising number of students that are diagnosed with ADHD or similar learning disabilities. It is almost as if our children are a burdon to the teachers. No child should have to feel like that.

W A Young Elementary
325 Conley Road, Morganton, NC  28655
Last modified W A Young Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W A Young Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top