Posted April 17, 2014
I have a high functional special needs child. He started at Sterling Montessori Academy. All I can said is my child is very lucky to have such caring and loving teachers. And most of all they all believing in him and they have all high hope for him. He loves his teachers and his teachers love him. He even wants to go to school even on the weekends. I can said good enough about Sterling teachers. We are very lucky to have our child in there. I feel safe and happy when in my heart knowing my child is being love by all the teachers.

Posted January 05, 2014
Two of my three children attend Sterling and I couldn't ask for a better school for them. We have quite a bit of experience with schools. My oldest child attended a highly regarded public school - until he got a spot at Sterling. And my middle child attends a different charter school because he is not a Montessori child. If your child is self-motivated and loves to learn, this is the perfect school. Teachers do an amazing job teaching to all levels in a classroom. Children also learn the conceptual and analytical skills here at Sterling, which is something I found lacking in the traditional public school. They also put emphasis on writing - much more than I've found at the traditional public schools. Upon graduation, children are exceptionally well prepared for high school, college, and beyond. If your child, like my middle child, works REALLY hard to not do any work, then a traditional school might be a better choice.

Posted November 12, 2013
My two kids have been at Sterling as preschoolers. And yes, this is a real review from a parent. The school is wonderful in many ways and now has a strong leader in Mr. B and an apt lieutenant in Ms. K. We have been at the school for 6+ years now and could not be happier. The previous principal made some questionable decisions including screwing up a lottery, and keeping incompetent teachers around. The current administration takes education seriously and is quick to remedy difficult situations. The key is to find out about every classroom in the K-8 level to make sure your child is a good fit. This is where parental involvement comes in. Don't select a old school teacher's class if you believe in a more flexible approach for your child. If you have problems, approach Mr. B or Ms. K in a polite and professional fashion. They will listen and help. Been there done that. It is also very easy to volunteer in the classroom in a meaningful fashion. And this does not mean picking up trash after the annual picnic. Get into the classroom and help the teacher. Become a room mom/dad. You will be rewarded. As always, get involved in your child's education and reap rewards for a lifetime.

Sterling Montessori Academy 2

Posted October 03, 2013
Not a very friendly school. We have been here 5 years, I work close by, but definitely our biggest complaint is that it's not very warm or friendly. Families are spread out from all over so making friends that you ever play with outside of school is challenging at best. Some teachers are great, others are very hard on their children and don't welcome parent involvement. Every class is different, teachers get to make a lot of their own decisions about how they run their classroom. Academic education is good for children who excel if you get the right teacher. Difficult to get involved and volunteer, not a very welcoming PTA, a small group of moms who have been there forever and want to do everything themselves. We will leave for our base middle school this year.

Sterling Montessori Academy 1

Posted September 10, 2013
Poor patience on little ones, like 3 years preschooler. Teachers don't have an efficient communication with those who need them most.

Posted July 13, 2013
Being at Sterling was a wonderful experience. I was enrolled nine years ago, and just finished my last year a few months ago. Not only were the teachers intelligent and phenomenal at teaching the subjects, they were relatable and likable. They created a special bond with their students. The special education program has improved over the last few years by interacting and teaching in helpful and unique ways. The middle school was especially memorable. The middle school teachers did an exceptional job of preparing us to transition into high school. I'm glad that I was given the honor of attending Sterling Montessori (SMACS).

Posted December 14, 2012
My kids attend this school and have now for three years. We love it. The teachers and administration are terrific, the parents committed and the kids thrive and learn here. We couldn't be more pleased.

Posted November 09, 2011
Our daughter is a 1st grader at this school. She loves it and we love it. For kindergarten she was at our neighborhood school, which is a fine school, but she was not being sufficiently challenged and the curriculum was not sufficiently individualized. We were fortunate enough to be offered a spot and we could not be happier.

Sterling Montessori Academy 1

Posted June 22, 2011
My child attended Endeavor Charter School and thank God we were able to get them enrolled in to another Charter School. Endeavor was a nightmare! The school is run very loosely and the students just seem to run wild and do as they please. You haven't lived until you have been to one of their board meetings. They can go until well past midnight with the numbers of parents having to get their two cents worth in. There is also a high turnover rate for teachers for a school this small. There have been several incidents in which the school fired or tried to fire teachers that just about divided the school community in half. This isn't hearsay, because my child attended the school during these incidents. My advice is to avoid this school and find another charter school in Raleigh!

Posted May 06, 2011
My child is currently in grade 5 at Sterling Montessori, which would make it his fifth year here. His Mom and Myself considered ourselves very lucky to find this gem of a school Five years ago. And we have not looked back. Our Son, under the guidance of his teachers through the various grades and under the Montessori philosophy has blossomed into an inquisitive, intelligent and thoughtful person. The school size is small and doesnt have all the extra curricular activities or options that other larger schools have but it more than makes up for it in the quality of the teachers, the small class sizes, and the awesome spirit of the school. Many parents get involved not because they have to but because they want to! The montessori philosophy allows the child to develop at a pace that they are comfortable with but rather than forcing them to rush through every lesson and memorizing as fast as possible, the teachers and elder classmates help to make sure that your child understands the premise and the core of the lesson before moving on. It is an invaluable teaching method that will prepare them for high school and university. I can not say enough good things about this school:)

Contact Information

202 Treybrooke Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560

School website

Sterling Montessori Academy
202 Treybrooke Drive, Morrisville, NC  27560
Last modified Sterling Montessori Academy is a charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sterling Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews.