Bad
Good

Been to this school today for the very first time. The person at the main office wasn't very friendly. Inspite of being very busy, its the duty/responsibility of the School to respond to the need of the people in a proper way. Hope the rest of the school would be good.

I have a high functional special needs child. He started at Sterling Montessori Academy. All I can said is my child is very lucky to have such caring and loving teachers. And most of all they all believing in him and they have all high hope for him. He loves his teachers and his teachers love him. He even wants to go to school even on the weekends. I can said good enough about Sterling teachers. We are very lucky to have our child in there. I feel safe and happy when in my heart knowing my child is being love by all the teachers.

Two of my three children attend Sterling and I couldn't ask for a better school for them. We have quite a bit of experience with schools. My oldest child attended a highly regarded public school - until he got a spot at Sterling. And my middle child attends a different charter school because he is not a Montessori child. If your child is self-motivated and loves to learn, this is the perfect school. Teachers do an amazing job teaching to all levels in a classroom. Children also learn the conceptual and analytical skills here at Sterling, which is something I found lacking in the traditional public school. They also put emphasis on writing - much more than I've found at the traditional public schools. Upon graduation, children are exceptionally well prepared for high school, college, and beyond. If your child, like my middle child, works REALLY hard to not do any work, then a traditional school might be a better choice.

My two kids have been at Sterling as preschoolers. And yes, this is a real review from a parent. The school is wonderful in many ways and now has a strong leader in Mr. B and an apt lieutenant in Ms. K. We have been at the school for 6+ years now and could not be happier. The previous principal made some questionable decisions including screwing up a lottery, and keeping incompetent teachers around. The current administration takes education seriously and is quick to remedy difficult situations. The key is to find out about every classroom in the K-8 level to make sure your child is a good fit. This is where parental involvement comes in. Don't select a old school teacher's class if you believe in a more flexible approach for your child. If you have problems, approach Mr. B or Ms. K in a polite and professional fashion. They will listen and help. Been there done that. It is also very easy to volunteer in the classroom in a meaningful fashion. And this does not mean picking up trash after the annual picnic. Get into the classroom and help the teacher. Become a room mom/dad. You will be rewarded. As always, get involved in your child's education and reap rewards for a lifetime.

Not a very friendly school. We have been here 5 years, I work close by, but definitely our biggest complaint is that it's not very warm or friendly. Families are spread out from all over so making friends that you ever play with outside of school is challenging at best. Some teachers are great, others are very hard on their children and don't welcome parent involvement. Every class is different, teachers get to make a lot of their own decisions about how they run their classroom. Academic education is good for children who excel if you get the right teacher. Difficult to get involved and volunteer, not a very welcoming PTA, a small group of moms who have been there forever and want to do everything themselves. We will leave for our base middle school this year.

Poor patience on little ones, like 3 years preschooler. Teachers don't have an efficient communication with those who need them most.

Being at Sterling was a wonderful experience. I was enrolled nine years ago, and just finished my last year a few months ago. Not only were the teachers intelligent and phenomenal at teaching the subjects, they were relatable and likable. They created a special bond with their students. The special education program has improved over the last few years by interacting and teaching in helpful and unique ways. The middle school was especially memorable. The middle school teachers did an exceptional job of preparing us to transition into high school. I'm glad that I was given the honor of attending Sterling Montessori (SMACS).

My kids attend this school and have now for three years. We love it. The teachers and administration are terrific, the parents committed and the kids thrive and learn here. We couldn't be more pleased.

Our daughter is a 1st grader at this school. She loves it and we love it. For kindergarten she was at our neighborhood school, which is a fine school, but she was not being sufficiently challenged and the curriculum was not sufficiently individualized. We were fortunate enough to be offered a spot and we could not be happier.

My child is currently in grade 5 at Sterling Montessori, which would make it his fifth year here. His Mom and Myself considered ourselves very lucky to find this gem of a school Five years ago. And we have not looked back. Our Son, under the guidance of his teachers through the various grades and under the Montessori philosophy has blossomed into an inquisitive, intelligent and thoughtful person. The school size is small and doesnt have all the extra curricular activities or options that other larger schools have but it more than makes up for it in the quality of the teachers, the small class sizes, and the awesome spirit of the school. Many parents get involved not because they have to but because they want to! The montessori philosophy allows the child to develop at a pace that they are comfortable with but rather than forcing them to rush through every lesson and memorizing as fast as possible, the teachers and elder classmates help to make sure that your child understands the premise and the core of the lesson before moving on. It is an invaluable teaching method that will prepare them for high school and university. I can not say enough good things about this school:)

Last modified Sterling Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.