Morrisville Elementary 4

Posted June 12, 2013
I've had 3 kids at MES with my last graduating this year. The good: great parent involvement, generally great kids, teachers love the kids and some are amazing instructors, good atomosphere, school pride. The bad: this may be true for all schools thanks to No Child Left Behind, but the focus is on getting more kids to pass EOGs, not on helping every child learn. Principal seems very status quo and not interested in advancing individual students; you will get good lip service but few changes. Kids love the school and we've made some good friends there but would have loved to see more academic challenge.

Posted January 09, 2013
This is a great school. My child attended from K-5 grade. The enviroment is safe and supportive, the PTA is very active, and the teachers are all working together.

Morrisville Elementary 2

Posted November 28, 2012
I agree with the poster that says that her child gets in trouble for the silliest things. We've had good teachers and we've had bad teachers. More bad than good at this point. I also agree with the poster that said that some of the assistant teachers could use work. Many of the teachers, including specials teachers and assistant teachers seem to have a huge attitude problem. Also I agree with the poster who said her kids became used to not being challenged. We experienced the same thing. My kid began his first few years with a love of challenge and learning, and progressively has developed little work ethic because my kid is now used to everything being so easy. Also the getting in trouble for silly things has also turned my kid to just expect to get in trouble and afraid to trust or talk to the teachers.

Posted August 12, 2012
My granddaughter enjoys the school, likes her teachers and from what I see in her learning, the teachers care about the her performance and want her to succeed and learn. I like the school and happy she is a student there.

Posted August 03, 2012
As an educator, I am very picky about my children's education, and MES has been a wonderful fit for my family. My children are happy, challenged, and feel safe at school. Of course, public school is what you make of it, so get involved with the awesome PTA and see the fantastic work that the faculty and staff are doing for the students and community.

Posted April 11, 2012
i am a student at morrisville and i love it, everyone is great and there is a no bullying policy, also people show exceptional behavior get rewarded. Also we learn music, art, physical education, technology, science, math, reading, social studies, media, writing, and much more! I definitely recommend this school, oh and also there AIG program is spectacular

Morrisville Elementary 3

Posted May 27, 2011
My daughter is a kindergartener at MES so this is our fist experience with public school. I think that the school as a whole is good. I like the teachers that i have encountered, but some of the assistant teachers could use a little work. The principal is sub par. She will basically tell you what you want to hear so you will leave her alone. Are we happy here, yes, but could it be better, yes!

Morrisville Elementary 2

Posted April 08, 2010
I heard that Morrisville was a great school so I intentionally moved to an area where it would be my son'sbase school. I have not been too impressed with the school at all. My son also went from never getting into trouble and being an A/B student to being reprimanded for the most silly things. Him and his friends got in trouble for playing tag at recess and were told that they had to miss recess and write a paper of the dangers of playing tag and touching someone else. They have been playing tag for the past 3 years, so why this was an issue is most puzzling. Last week they were told that they could no longer play soccer. It is very upsetting to know that if one teacher decides they can not play a game, it is within that teahcer's right to have the students seize.

Morrisville Elementary 0

Posted October 04, 2009
amamzing teachers, fabulous principal, wonderful pta

Morrisville Elementary 3

Posted July 14, 2009

Morrisville Elementary
1519 Morrisville Parkway, Morrisville, NC  27560
Last modified Morrisville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morrisville Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.