Posted August 02, 2013
I find Mt. Pleasent Middle school very satifactory. I would rate it as one of the best School in the district.

Posted July 28, 2011
I was told to buy a house in this school district because it was the best. I am giving this school 5 stars because it turned and struggling student into and A student. The class size is small and the teachers were strict but caring. They took the kids on great field trips and exposed them to a wide array of interest. The only thing my little sister complained about and what compelled her to ask to move back to California, was the racism. Some kids were mean and racist but I'll blame the parents for that. Kids learn racism at home then spread it in school.

Mount Pleasant Middle 1

Posted August 09, 2010
MPES is an awesome school - the saddest thing is that these students have to report to MPMS for middle school! The light at the end of the tunnel - they get to move on to MPHS. MPMS is a horrible school! The teachers, many homegrown, for the most part, do not care about the students. They are afraid of an inept administration and will not rock the boat to do what is best for the students. The teachers are from a variety of backgrounds - which could be a positive, however these backgrounds taint their ability to handle students with fairness. My children should not know which teachers are athiest - this should not be a point of discussion, however at MPMS, it is. Teachers tend to be racist - they have their views and everyone is expected to follow them. Teachers refuse to step out of the box.

Mount Pleasant Middle 4

Posted August 05, 2009
I read with surprise the review from Aug. 3, 2007 review. I have had nothing but good interactions with the asst. He takes time to get to the bottom of all situations and looks at the whole child. I find he is fair with all the children even when mine is in the wrong. This is probably from someone who's child had to be disciplined or didn't get their way.

Posted December 04, 2008

Posted June 04, 2008
I have (2) children who attend MPMS. One of my children use to attend a different middle school and had so many problems with being bullied. Since he has been at MPMS he has many friends, plays football and his self-esteem has skyrocketed. The football coach is amazing. His teachers are so much more involved with helping and even the women in the front office are very kind. All in all I feel this is an awesome school. I have nothing but positive things to say and I will have a daughter who will be attending here in (2) years and I really am excited about it. That is why we are in the process of purchasing a larger home but it is taking us longer because my children insist on staying in the Mt Pleasant School district. Thank you for all your kindness.

Mount Pleasant Middle 3

Posted April 23, 2008

Mount Pleasant Middle 3

Posted August 03, 2007
MPMS has a lot of exceptional qualities, the highest of which is the teaching staff. The teachers number of years of service at the school, as well as their quality and their compassion for the children are very evident. The extra steps that are taken for the children and keeping the parents involved speak volumns about the staff. The principal seems to have a strong compassion for what he does and is very professional. Its a shame the assistant doesn't share those same qualities.

Mount Pleasant Middle 2

Posted May 17, 2007
Mount Pleasant Middle needs to open it's eyes about the meanness of these children. My child has had to deal with stuff that she shouldn't all year!

Posted December 26, 2005

Mount Pleasant Middle
8325 North Carolina 49, Mount Pleasant, NC  28124
Last modified Mount Pleasant Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Pleasant Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.