Moyock Elementary 4

Posted October 31, 2011
Our children have been going to Moyock Elementary School (MES) for over four years now. MES has an upward trend in EOG test scores over the past few years so it seems the current administration is doing something right. MES has been a great school for our children. My wife and I have never been unwelcomed in the school, we are very active in our children s education and we visit the school often. We do not coddle our kids, we parent them, motivate them to excel and follow the rules. Not every teacher has been friendly that we have seen and have interacted with, but they have always appeared to have the best intentions for our children s educational interests. Most of the teachers have been terrific and encourage our children to learn. They have used innovative teaching methods and have been very open to working with us as a team to get our children to overcome obstacles. This has been very rewarding. The administration has been great and has worked with us to accommodate just about every request that we have made. Our children love the school and have yet to have a bad day. I would highly recommend MES to any family thinking about moving here.

Posted December 16, 2010
This school is awesome!!!! My son has been going there now for 5 years and has loved every year of it . I don't understand what some of these parents are talking about. My son says they do lots of group work with each other not just by themselves. I think some parents have too high of expectations. These teachers are awesome!! I always said my child would go to a private school because of the public school systems, but when we moved here 8 years ago and saw how high the schools were rated in the state, we decided he would go to them. It was the best decision we have ever made. Love the staff!!!!!!

Moyock Elementary 0

Posted March 14, 2010
I am disappointed in this school. The staff do not foster an environment where children are encouraged to be creative. There is a high student to teacher ratio. The children are punished for speaking. I found the school and classroom very unwelcoming!

Posted August 24, 2009
I believe that Moyock Elementary is one of the finest schools in America. We moved to the area and I was concerned about the teachers and the school district since we moved from a very large school district to here. I am a teacher myself and know that the quality of the teachers is what is most important. My child was very attached to her teachers at her previous school and always looked forward to going to school. I was very pleased when she told me after the first week of school that she loved her new school and her new teachers. I know that not all teachers are going to be as loving and caring as her 2nd grade teacher was this past year, but I know that she loves to be in school, she loves the teachers, and she loves the kids that she has in her class.

Moyock Elementary 2

Posted August 05, 2009
Along with the 4/29/09 reviewer, I am also disappointed with this school. I agree with all of those comments and would like to add that, while I do not think it should be a crazy-free-for-all, I would like my child to enjoy school. However, my child is afraid of her teacher, the PE teachers, and many other authoritative figures in that school. If there were a private school closer, she'd be enrolled in it already. Children are not encouraged to be creative, thoughtful, expressive individuals. There is so much focus on being quiet, I wonder if the adults can even remember what it is like being a child.

Posted July 06, 2009
I have two children that attend this school. MES teachers and staff are one of the finest in this area. I am grateful to have my children attend such a wonderful school. When I send them off in the morning I know they are getting the best education. We will be moving from the area for a job relocation and it is breaking my heart that my children will not be attending next year.

Posted April 30, 2009

Moyock Elementary 0

Posted April 28, 2009
I have been extremely disappointed with the school. The way the school is run is a dictatorship. Group interaction is not encouraged. The students are basically told to keep quiet and given worksheets. The teachers show a lack of concern for the students and they frequently use threats in an attempt to motivate the students. I am not impressed with the school.

Posted September 18, 2007

Posted August 09, 2007
As the parent of a first year student, I was deeply concerned with the quality of the education system in a rural town. My concerns were quashed the moment I met the principal (Mrs. Bisbing) and the new first year Kindergarten teacher (Miss Corbo). I honestly don't believe my son could have received a better start to his education than he did at Moyock Elementary. I only mention the above names because I primarily interacted with them, however, every teacher and staff member of Moyock Elementary was extremely helpful and seemed genuinely interested in advancing each child's education.

Moyock Elementary
255 Tulls Creek Road, Moyock, NC  27958
Last modified Moyock Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moyock Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.