Posted July 31, 2014
There is no other school in the area like this one! Murphy has found a haven in The Learning Center. Programs are offered here that I have only seen in expensive private schools in the city. The school uses a research-based academic schedule, fun electives like garden-based learning, and individual attention from experienced teachers like Ms. Gail, the reading intervention specialist. I can see benefits in this school for an average student, as well as kids with special needs and gifted children.

Posted September 23, 2013
My daughter is in Kindergarden & the school is AMAZING! Education is so personalized to each child's specific strengths & weaknesses. Students have access to daily, one on one tutoring, extensive arts programs, STEM curriculum & family style lunches featuring local products. Ms. Rebecca & Ms. Shirley.... A+++ Obviously, I wouldn't change a thing.

Posted August 22, 2008
I moved to Murphy NC for choice in education and I received that at the Learning Center. My daughter has been at the school for 4 years and is looking forward to her 5th.

Posted March 13, 2008

The Learning Center
945 Conaheeta Street, Murphy, NC  28906
Last modified The Learning Center is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Learning Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.