Posted April 08, 2014
My Grandson was diagnosed with autism a few years ago. This was his first year in school and his teacher, Mrs. Brockway, has been such a blessing. Many teachers get nominated for 'teacher of the year' but I can assure you NONE have ever deserved it more than she does. I volunteer at the school and see her in action daily. You will never find more patience, love and joy in a special-ed teacher. We love her! I have arrived to pick up my grandson and watched him lovingly seek out a hug from her before leaving, and that is something super when you are talking autism! It's not just him, I've watched the other kids as well. THEY ADORE HER! Great school, and I'm critical! We can't say enough! Please choose them to win money to help out...little school, back in the woods with the MOST love you'll ever find! From almost totally non-verbal to speaking a bit, reading, following directions...using a fork, a pencil, doing chores. How could things improve??? Give them money to buy even more equipment for the special ed class! LOVELY school, loving staff!

Ranger Elementary/Middle 4

Posted October 08, 2013
I have my daughters in this school. A lot of changes have taken place in the last year and I feel we are heading for a higher rating. When they first started here the school had a 9/10 and has come down...not sure what happened but i feel we are making changes in academics toward a better rating.

Ranger Elementary/Middle 4

Posted May 16, 2013
I went to ranger elm school as a child from 1st grade to 8th grade I had the best teachers all but one she was the 1st grade teacher and she was mean all the rest of them were great mrs Johnson 2nd grade outstanding ! mr. payne 6th grade outstanding excellent teacher hed always read us a book every month mr, beal,mrs brown outstanding pricipals loved ranger elm ranger north Carolina 1967 thru 1975

Posted December 17, 2009
I love this school! The faculty and staff are so kind and caring. They definitly make the children enjoy their learning experiences and treat even the us all like one big family.

Posted October 19, 2009

Murphy, NC 28906

School website

Ranger Elementary/Middle
101 Hardy Truett Road, Murphy, NC  28906
Last modified Ranger Elementary/Middle is a public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ranger Elementary/Middle Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.