New Bern, NC
Students enrolled: 1,671

Posted October 06, 2013
I have one graduate and two currently enrolled at NBHS. I truly believe that your attitude shaprs your experience. All three of mine are doing/ have done well. They challenge themselves and found good friends and committed staff.

Posted January 29, 2010
Our child is very involved in the marching, symphonic,and jazz band at New Bern High. He is in honor courses and does very well in school. We take a very actve roll in our volunteering at the school. I have NEVER witnessed a gang member. It's a large school with a diversified background, as college will be when our children get there. Our school staff and new principal are superior people! Support our public schools and improve them for our children and those to follow. I want my child to have a true High School experience to include, a great education, marching band, football team and more than 17 kids in his graduating class! Not everyone wants to use college funds to pay for private School. We specifically moved to New Bern for the beauty and future retirement..but especially while raising our kids, for the Great Quality, schools!

Posted December 20, 2009

Posted March 20, 2009
This school is great there are lots of people so there's friends for pretty much anyone here, even if its only around 5-10 people, people tend to find other people like them and people that they get along with well easily here. Also pretty much everyone here is nice at school, but you do have to watch out for a special few. But i think that overall the teachers are good at what they do even though there are a few here and there that are mean.

Posted December 30, 2008

New Bern High 5

Posted December 19, 2008
My children attend new bern high school and they do very well. the school is neat, clean, and has a great, safe, learning enviroment. The staff members and teachers are all very nice and the do there best to cater to every students individual needs. The school has great sports programs, music programs, theatre programs, ect.. My children love there school and do very well in it like most of the other kids. If Relocating to this town, New Bern High School is the place to enroll Your children.

New Bern High 0

Posted November 24, 2008
I have had two teens to go to this school. We had relocated to New Bern from east TN and I was very disappointed in the way this school was ran. I do believe that the teachers are afraid of some of the students. I do believe that there is gang activity inside the school. Both of my boys have not done well at the school, and they were A & B students at the last school in TN. Both of my boys state that they have to concentrate on trying to stay away from the bad kids, as well as being tormented in class than paying attention in class. I have lived here two years and I will be moving back to TN where I know that my children will get the education that they need. Put your kids in private school if you can afford it!

Posted October 27, 2007

New Bern High 5

Posted September 19, 2007

Posted November 29, 2006
I have had 3 children attend NBHS and the first was most successful because she was a great student. The second two have struggled terribly because they needed serious structure, monitoring, and encouragement. This staff has absolutely too many students to care for to be able to worry about some mediocre student that needs a little extra to do their best. They are focused on tests, not individual students needs. The teachers have so much to do to meet all the state laws and new test rules that they lose their vision about teaching. The New Bern school board desperately needs to split this school. The children are not safe, nor are they getting the individual attention that they need. The band program was the only reason my children survived NBHS. Music should be made available more readily in the curriculum...it is a great healer.

New Bern High
4200 Academic Drive, New Bern, NC  28562
Last modified New Bern High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Bern High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top