Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted February 11, 2016
My grandchild Bryce Browning for being the bigger person and having more determination than most adults I know

Benhaven Elementary 2

Posted February 11, 2016
I have a grandchild in the fourth grade at this school and I have been to talk to the teacher about my grandchildren concerns in the class one of which was being bullied by 3 boys as the whole year has progressed we talk to the teacher about problems that need to be resolved and the teacher has acted to our face like she genuinely cares to later on find out that she's the problem she yells at my grandchild singles him out in front of the class and he had to earn a gel pen in class that he did get he went to the bathroom for 2 minutes he said and came back and it was gone he told her someone took it and she ignored him so the next day he went to her and told her again and she tells him that he will just have to earn another one.this is supposed to be a fun along with learning time for a 9 year old but the only thing that he comes to me and says and I quote that's ok Mimi I don't have much longer to go and I'll be out of her class.this breaks my heart because this person I wouldn't say teacher has made 4th grade such a nightmare for a small child and I can say shame on you Lisa barefoot

Posted October 29, 2015
We switched to this school after having a bad experience in another school in the county. Mrs Street, the principal, is amazing and is prompt to address all concerns. All of the teachers, no matter what grade, knew my son by name and greeted him in car line with a smile. It felt like a family there and all of the teachers seem to really love their job. I am so glad we gave them a shot.

Posted November 11, 2012
My boys love it here. The teachers here really look out for the best interest of the students! I have met the counselor and the vice principal and they were both very helpful in making sure my children were a priority.

Posted August 23, 2009
Benhaven is a excellent school. Everyone there is nice and helpful. They strive to do the very best for my child and all the children there. It's a community school. You get to know people real quick.

Posted December 03, 2008
Benhaven is a wonderful place to work! I'm in my first year, and all of the teachers are so friendly. The children are wonderful too. Go Bulldogs!

Posted December 02, 2008
Benhaven deserves a 5 star rating, and nothing less. I m in my thirties and even though my son is the one that attends I think of Benhaven as my second home. I have so much fun there myself I forget the time and my day goes by. Everyone I ve met there is so friendly and enthusiastic about learning and teaching and the support is incredible. All the way down to the janitor. The teacher my son has is so awesome, she has inspired me to return to school and become a teacher myself. Now imagine how she inspires our children .

Posted November 26, 2008
This is the best place to work!! Coworkers are great and the kids are so good and well behaved. The principal is very supportive and makes you know that you are appreciated.

Posted November 12, 2008
We love Benhaven, as well! The fact that the teachers get to know both their students and parents I find very impressive. The teachers communicate with one another, as the children progress from one grade to the next, to make sure the needs are met. I just love this the hometown feel you get from the school and it's staff. We have also moved arounf quite a bit and this school pleases me more than any other we've been associated with.

Benhaven Elementary 4

Posted March 13, 2006
My daughter loves this school and is pleased to be at Benhaven in 5th grade. I as a parent appreciate the schools activities that they tailor to the students more than her other school.

2815 Olivia Rd, Olivia, NC  28368
Last modified Benhaven Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.