East Surry High School 5

Posted March 16, 2011
the JROTC is wonderful. The teachers really work hard to make sure the students learn.

East Surry High School 5

Posted February 06, 2009
This is a community school where all parents have the opportunity to be informed. The teachers are the most caring group of professionals that I have ever come in contact with. The test results are proof the faculty is doing what is necessary to obtain high marks from the State. Students are always allowed and to come for tutoring sessions after school and during the teachers planning time. Athletics plays a vital role in the school. The teams generally excel and the support from the student body and the community is one of a kind. I am proud to have a student attend East Surry High School in beautiful Pilot Mountain.

East Surry High School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
I have two children in the school and find it to be an outstanding place for them to learn and to grow. The staff is generally caring and very competent. The principal is firm and fair and won't let students or teachers slide by. Overall, given the limited resources, I couldn't imagine a better school academically and athletically!

East Surry High School 1

Posted March 01, 2008

Posted November 29, 2007

East Surry High School 4

Posted December 08, 2006
I have found this school to have a predominantly caring and sacrificial staff. I so appreciate the overall concern for our students, their academic progress and the variety of programs offered. I have some concerns about the sport programs. My concern are not just this school but all our area schools. Playing time and who plays seem to be based on whom your parents are or if you are friends of the coach. I would like to see more rounded sport programs for all our students, especially those that attend practices and work hard but might not be as good as others. Also, the level of parental involvement I see at sports events are tremendous. I would only hope and assume that it is the same in academic areas as well. Overall, the staff and the encouragement from the staff to our students are to be commended. Thank You.

East Surry High School 1

Posted October 28, 2005

Posted September 04, 2005
Going by guidelines: The academic programs are fine but the insructional of those programs are sub-par Example: Have very good teacher but pull her and allow two others teach and her oversee brought out results of a D,F,D and on EOG a A in conclusion teaching was sub-par. Talking to orginal teacher he never would of had those grades I agreed. Music: Band very good first hand knowledge teacher could ask a little more and try to get students to learn more instruments Art: Great Art teacher enough said limited funds would like students to go on field trip. Sports: Always a top performer in its conference and state. Teaches good team spirit and unity. Clubs of all types FFA,FBLA,Science,Math,Spanish and many more are run by organized adults Also H.Habitat Vol. Fire Dept. is avialable Parent involvement is pretty good. I do have a problem the SAT test scores have drop -70.

Posted August 01, 2005
- a former student
East Surry is ideal if you want your kids to be good little clones. If you don't - well, be prepared to comfort your children when they're mistreated by other students for being a bit different while the administration all but encourages it. Don't expect the teachers to be very happy, either. From what I remember, they're underpaid, and the administration doesn't exactly pay attention to what they think or need (the situation is much the same with students). Books are old and falling apart (our history books told us that Bush Senior was the current president), and many teachers have to pay for their own class supplies. Prepare your kids for being bullied and being ignored when they ask for help. Don't worry, your kids will probably be used to all this anyway, if they attended Pilot Mountain Middle School.

East Surry High School 4

Posted August 06, 2004
For the most part, East Surry is a wonderful school. It has a nice, safe environment, great school spirit, and excellent learning oppurtunities. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

East Surry High School
801 West Main Street, Pilot Mountain, NC  27041
Last modified East Surry High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Surry High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.