Bad
Good

Teachers are extremely caring and have a huger interest in your child's success. In 2 years, we have had great interactions in the classroom as well as dialog. Which is key to your child's success. Administration could work on being less of a friend to the kids and take more interest in parents. Be less status quo and more status GO!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Best asset of the school are its teachers. I have seen how they handle the diverse learning styles of students, worked with parents to assure we understand (sometimes you need to seek it out too, it isn't automatic).

Amount of homework: Agree

More advanced work in the classroom is being done with personalized learning which allows parents to spend more time with students learning at home and less about homework. Great fit for children

Develops character: Strongly agree

Pineville Elementary embraces a friendly atmosphere and respect among students. Students develop manners in class and with adult (non-teacher) interactions.

Pineville has a great team of teachers and administration! I HAVE had issues and when I spoke to teacher/ principal it was taken care of immediately. The teachers are very caring and they also want your child to learn while having fun. This year we got a new school and with the new school came new things like technology!!! My daughter amazes me with her knowledge of the tech world. Pineville is great, come visit us!!! :)

Be prepared for a fight everyday w/ the staff/administration if you have special needs children. Awful leadership.

Administration does not listen to parents. They are dismissive and unprofessional. The principle is awful to deal with and his staff isn't much better. I would never subject my child to attending this poor excuse for a school for another year.

As a parent who could not be happier with Pineville Elementary School, I felt compelled to share my experience with others. From the moment we stepped foot into this school, we were greeted warmly and could feel the caring & compassion the teachers and leaders have for both the students and parents. Rarely do you find a group of individuals who are so passionate about what they do and to making the educations and school a better place for all. While I believe strongly that there are always varying opinions, I can say that I have to disagree that the leaders and teachers do not listen to parents-I have found it to be quite the opposite. To say that this is a "poor school with students who come in struggling" is a large generalization & one that is not a true reflection of the communities & students that feed into PES. The diversity of students (both ethnically & socioeconomic) is what makes this school unique. It is also one of the things I like most about it. Before passing on PES based on online comments & EOG scores, I encourage all parents to do what we did-visit the school, meet the leaders, & then make an informed decision. I

Pineville is a poor school that tries really hard and has little to no budget. They do not get rid of bad teachers. Good teachers leave for better administrators. The administration does not listen to the teachers. The kids that come here are struggling to begin with. The school does not listen to parents. If your child is not failing, your child will not receive any help, until the child hits bottom. If your child has any special needs do not go to this school.

I picked my up 7 year old daughter from the after-school program at Pineville Elementary this afternoon, October 23rd, 2012 at approximately 5:15pm. I walked into the cafeteria where they were sitting and called my daughter to get her bookbag and coat, it was time to go. She waddled over to me slowly and I asked from across the cafeteria "why are you walking so funny?" she didnt say a word. No teachers said anything, they hardly ever do. As soon as she came within about 3ft of me I could smell the smell of old feces. I took her into the gym and she told me that she had been like that for 1/2 the day. She had feces down her legs and up her back. There is absolutely no way that her teachers or her after-school teachers/workers could not have noticed this. My daughter told me the other kids noticed, but still the teachers did nothing. This is the most disgusting sad situation/school that I have ever dealt with.

Last modified Pineville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.