Posted April 27, 2014
Excellent care for families. We love being here. The teachers are the best I have ever seen in every classroom.

Posted March 13, 2014
Sterling Elementary is filled the the most caring teachers and Principal! Each child here is loved and taught by professional and wonderful staff!

Posted March 10, 2014
I love everything about working at Sterling! The families are great, the teachers are great and the overall atmosphere is about learning and reaching goals. This is a great school family to be part of! Go Tigers!

Posted July 12, 2013
Everyone loves Sterling and everything about it! Great place to work and every staff member WANTS to be there! Where else can you find that? I am so proud to be a part of the school that is on the rise... we are doing SO MANY wonderful things for children! Watch us become amazing together!

Sterling Elementary 4

Posted June 26, 2013
# 1 Elementary School in Mecklenburg County. Sterling tigers " We Rock " looking forward to next school year and working with staff and children... Special thanks to all the staff that work with my child and those that did not we still have years to go. Mrs. Brock and Mrs. Grimes you guys " Rock "

Posted June 25, 2013
I sometimes volunteer in the school as a parent helper when I can and I see what the teachers face every day. It is amazing that they come back every day as many kids aren't raised like my kids are to respect all rules and do homework and and get good grades. i want an education for my kids and the way it is at Sterling the teachers are not like other schools in the area. i am in the classrooms a lot and no matter what the kids say the teachers love the kids and push the kids to learn the things they need to know. i love mrs. stanley and before that mrs Breeland in second grade. we were not there before that but lord knows we should have been at sterling for all that happened at the other school and the changes. They also gave my family food last year one time and I don't even know how they knew we needed it. This school is a blessing and all the people Ms. Wardy, Ms. Reid, Ms. Miles, and the lady at the front - the counselor Ms. Edwards. The difference is I have never seen a school that cares this much like a family.

Posted May 20, 2013
sterling elementary is a great school my daughter have learned a lot with the help of ms.schadt and ms. wardy but my daughter just needs to watch who she hang around but overall sterling is a great school.!!

Sterling Elementary 1

Posted November 08, 2012
Confused and Frustrated!!! I don't know what is going on in the classrooms of this school but one thing I do know is that, my child is not progressing at all. I thought kids are suppose to go to school to learn, not to learn less. They stress so much about parent involvement but what about teacher involvement...I know for a fact I'm doing my part! The first year my daughter attended this school the teacher made it seem as if the issue was with my daughter and that she was below her grade average. That was very confusing to me considering the fact my daughter had just come out of a school in which she was on the honor roll for 2 year straight. So the next school year I put her in a private school where once again (not to my surprise) she was on the honor roll again, THROUGH OUT the school year! This year I couldn't afford to put her back in the private school so she had to go back to Sterling...Why are we encountering the same issues again. I am so confused and frustrated! One more thing, why is there a new principal and new teachers almost every year? I'm still kind of new to the Charlotte area and I'm just trying t figure this thing out...My child's education is in jeopardy!!!

Posted October 31, 2012
GREAT TEACHERS!!!! I am a volunteer from a local community organization and am blown away by how nice, loving and wonderful the staff is every single day. They have high expectations for the kids but make it fun like a game. I wish I had learned like that! I have been in other schools in Charlotte and have never felt as at home as I do here. Thank you amazing Sterling staff! M

Posted April 26, 2012
The new principal Mrs. Wardy came after this school year started and has seemed to save the day. She seems to care so much about my boys at this school and I feel like she watches out for them like a Mom first. she one time told my child to not sass me when he tried to in a meeting. She listens to me when I have a complant about the teacher and even when my boyfriend raised his voice at her she stays so calm and treated me the same later. she goes to the teacher and things get smoothed out real fast and the teacher did right with answering me after that. It is strange that I have had my children there across 8 years at different times and the same staff members are nicer people . I don't know what she is doing but she seems like a someone who has in a sho0rt time made Sterling a hapier place for everyone to be. My nieghbors say that too.

Sterling Elementary
9601 China Grove Church Road, Pineville, NC  28134
Last modified Sterling Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sterling Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.