Bad
Good

I was very skeptical based on ratings. However, we recently moved to this school and simply cannot say enough positive things about it. We were SO welcomed into this community! PBE is small enough that it is VERY personal...from the principal to the secretary. Each week, we receive a message from the principal. I have to say that the amazing, caring, POSITIVE folks make ALL the difference!

I was skeptical at first to send my child to this school. For quite some time, the gossip regarding PES had been pretty negative. BUT... things have apparently changed from the days of the past, and I could not be more pleased. PES has wonderful teachers, a caring environment and extremely active PTA. Parents... don't think twice about sending your children to this school!! It's not necessary to enroll your child at Woods or move to CH!!

This is our third year at PES and we are very pleased. The environment is great as well as the teachers. The PTA works very hard to ensure that all students and teachers benefit from fundraisers and other events. All three of our children are doing great academically and LOVE going to school. I would highly recommend this school.

I had heard a variety of feedback about PES, so my husband and I were nervous at first to send our child there to start Kindergarten. We are extremely paranoid parents, so we really were not sure if we would home school or not from the start. I have nothing but praise at this point. Everywhere I look the principal is there saying hi and checking in with whatever is going on. My daughter's teacher, Mrs. McKee, is absolutely wonderful...I could talk all day about how thankful we are for such a wonderful teacher and her assistant Mrs. Hamm. So far the parent involvement has been good, but it could be better. I think the same group of men/women tend to get things done, but I also think it's like that in most cases. Overall it's been a fantastic experience so far!

We moved here from the Chapel Hill-Carrboro School District. The kids have done better here and received more then in the "top" NC schools in Orange county. We are very pleased with this school as well as the two succeeding schools-Horton and Northwood. They are back to doing challenging work like when we lived in Va. and they went to a private school there.

this school cannot deal with anything out of the norm. if your child is anything but average you will have problems getting the school to work with your child appropriately. they disregard federal laws and have no problems telling you about budget problems and other kids they have to consider. I wouldnt have written this, but calling this an "amazing little neighborhood school" is misleading. That is probably true if you are using standards from back in the 70's.

An amazing little neighborhood school - my kids have excelled in this nurturing environment! Active PTSA and caring teachers.

Last modified Pittsboro Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.