Posted June 09, 2015
Our family loves this school! We just finished our second year and are excited about our children attending again next year. This school is full of Christ and Godly people. If you're looking for a GREAT christian school then look no further than Rockfish Christian Academy. It's not much to look at but what goes on inside the walls is amazing! Little is MUCH when God is in it! AMEN

Rockfish Christian Academy 4

Posted August 05, 2014
RCA is a small school with a caring faculty. I have been very satisfied with my child's core curriculum teachers. Our school has experienced "growing pains", just as other schools have experienced. I would recommend RCA to parents looking for a small environment with a highly qualified, caring staff.
3 people found this helpful

Rockfish Christian Academy 4

Posted July 25, 2014
The A BEKA curriculum used is wonderful and teaches children content that is almost a grade above current levels. The small classes and intimate environment is rewarding in growing up young children in Christ. There are some organizational problems and severe lack in communication between the owners/administration. Outside management could help add an objective process (for payments, discipline, etc) that is currently lacking in elementary, MS and HS. More attention should be paid to IEP needs, although the teachers are wonderful advocates for the children, the administration is lacking in understanding. Overall, the teachers and parents in the school are Godly. There are normal issues with any company.

Posted July 18, 2014
All I can say is that I love, love, love this school. It has been a Godsend to our family. It is small, intimate and full of Christ. I would recommend Rockfish Christian Academy to all families looking for a Christian School. I have to say I disagree with the person who posted about safety. I am active in the school and the only time I have seen the doors unlocked are during drop off and pick up. You have to be buzzed in during school hours. Also, we have been asked to do very little fundraising so I think the school is doing ok financially. I am also excited about the new classrooms and so are my kids.

Posted July 10, 2014
I feel I need to voice my concerns about RCA in the hopes that parents with children attending this school or considering attending to take a very close look at the way they operate. We are taking our son out of RCA after 2 years there. I want to confirm statements made about the security. It is almost nonexistent. The doors leading from the classroom are routinely left unlocked and understand these doors lead directly outside 50 yards from a very busy road. The more I look into the financial workings of the school the more my suspicions grow. I have come to not trust the management at all. Of course this is just my opinion but all responsible parents should really take a closer look at how this school is run. I want to ad that I have a very high opinion about the teachers my son has had but this review is about the school itself. How can they reinforce our Christian values we teach at home when the leaders do not appear to practice them their self.

Posted April 04, 2014
My son has been at this school for going on a couple years now. This year has been the most transitional with the school's move and the new building project. We are excited at what the future holds for Rockfish Christian. It's affordable and in a diamond in the rough. he gets a great education and the class size is very small. If you are looking for a great school then check this one out.

Posted March 26, 2014
This review is neither to discredit nor to show hate to any of God s children. But it should be used as a wakeup call. The first impression walking to this school set the tone for what was to come. As you enter the school entrance, you see an open storage closet with what appears to be files or books that are unorganized. First impression is a lasting one and that did not send the right message. We believe that the security of the school is limited and outdated. The curriculum as advertised by the school is the A Beka , however this was never provided to my child. Instead, in a single instance my child was watching a movie on the teacher s cellphone. The final dagger is when the administrators of the school gave us a hard time in returning paid in advance funds. The myriad of excuses is uncalled for, unacceptable and unprofessional. A word to wise, please remove the name of Christ out of school name if you are not going to behave like His children. We are a reflection of Christ and a temple of the Living God. We leave you with blessings and the love of God and prayer towards improvement. Thank you.

Posted August 22, 2013
RCA has been a true blessing to our children's life and education. They have attended this school for 2 years and the progress that they have made educationally as well as spiritually is amazing. The teachers that my children had were very attentive and loving towards them. My daughter had Mrs. Robinson this year and she did an outstanding job teaching her. Later on into the school year Ms. G was co-teaching and she was an added blessing to her learning experience. The two were dynamic and meshed very well in their teaching style as well as discipline. My son had Mrs. Hamlet and Mrs. England. They also did an outstanding job teaching him to read and stay focused. RCA was like a family and I will miss them. Do not rely solely on the teaching and administrative staff for your child to succeed be an involved and active parent when you can, if it's communicating via email or text or their planners, keep a clear line of communication and your child will soar. Thank you all at RCA...may God continue to bless the work that He has called you to do and continue to grow in knowledge and grace.

Posted July 15, 2013
PLEASE read all posts. Anytime there is negative feed back the school bombards the parents and staff to have them up the star rating. I promise this school is not the place for kids.Promise everything but deliver nothing but a "library" the kids can't use books stacked but not categorized, computers that don't half work, no access to current technology, no accreditation what so ever. This place is really a joke. Please do your research. Look at Liberty Christian Academy, Fayetteville Christian Academy, Village Christian Academy, Freedom Christian Academy-Compare. They are all accredited and Rockfish is not. Ask them why.Please do your due diligence when choosing a school for your child.Don't take my word for it, or the words or propaganda on this site.Check it out for yourself and for your child's future.I was uninformed and thought surely EVERY school must meet standard requirements. This is not true for Christian schools, but some choose to go beyond the minimum.Please do the work. don't just assume because a school exist it is doing the right things.Demand to speak to the board. You will be lucky to get one person.Demand to speak to the entire board- one does not exist.

Posted February 18, 2013
I live in Hendrix Farms! How cool that I can live out here and we have a private school that is so close! Hendrix Farms is a wonder place to rent or buy and some of the best schools in Hoke county are so close to us. RCA has excellent teachers, strong principal, and challenging programs. Praise God!

Rockfish Christian Academy
7604 Rockfish Road, Raeford, NC  28376
Last modified Rockfish Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rockfish Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top