Raeford, NC
Before care: Yes

Posted August 05, 2014
RCA is a small school with a caring faculty. I have been very satisfied with my child's core curriculum teachers. Our school has experienced "growing pains", just as other schools have experienced. I would recommend RCA to parents looking for a small environment with a highly qualified, caring staff.

Posted July 25, 2014
The A BEKA curriculum used is wonderful and teaches children content that is almost a grade above current levels. The small classes and intimate environment is rewarding in growing up young children in Christ. There are some organizational problems and severe lack in communication between the owners/administration. Outside management could help add an objective process (for payments, discipline, etc) that is currently lacking in elementary, MS and HS. More attention should be paid to IEP needs, although the teachers are wonderful advocates for the children, the administration is lacking in understanding. Overall, the teachers and parents in the school are Godly. There are normal issues with any company.

Posted July 18, 2014
All I can say is that I love, love, love this school. It has been a Godsend to our family. It is small, intimate and full of Christ. I would recommend Rockfish Christian Academy to all families looking for a Christian School. I have to say I disagree with the person who posted about safety. I am active in the school and the only time I have seen the doors unlocked are during drop off and pick up. You have to be buzzed in during school hours. Also, we have been asked to do very little fundraising so I think the school is doing ok financially. I am also excited about the new classrooms and so are my kids.

Rockfish Christian Academy 1

Posted July 10, 2014
I feel I need to voice my concerns about RCA in the hopes that parents with children attending this school or considering attending to take a very close look at the way they operate. We are taking our son out of RCA after 2 years there. I want to confirm statements made about the security. It is almost nonexistent. The doors leading from the classroom are routinely left unlocked and understand these doors lead directly outside 50 yards from a very busy road. The more I look into the financial workings of the school the more my suspicions grow. I have come to not trust the management at all. Of course this is just my opinion but all responsible parents should really take a closer look at how this school is run. I want to ad that I have a very high opinion about the teachers my son has had but this review is about the school itself. How can they reinforce our Christian values we teach at home when the leaders do not appear to practice them their self.

Posted April 04, 2014
My son has been at this school for going on a couple years now. This year has been the most transitional with the school's move and the new building project. We are excited at what the future holds for Rockfish Christian. It's affordable and in a diamond in the rough. he gets a great education and the class size is very small. If you are looking for a great school then check this one out.

Rockfish Christian Academy 1

Posted March 26, 2014
This review is neither to discredit nor to show hate to any of God s children. But it should be used as a wakeup call. The first impression walking to this school set the tone for what was to come. As you enter the school entrance, you see an open storage closet with what appears to be files or books that are unorganized. First impression is a lasting one and that did not send the right message. We believe that the security of the school is limited and outdated. The curriculum as advertised by the school is the A Beka , however this was never provided to my child. Instead, in a single instance my child was watching a movie on the teacher s cellphone. The final dagger is when the administrators of the school gave us a hard time in returning paid in advance funds. The myriad of excuses is uncalled for, unacceptable and unprofessional. A word to wise, please remove the name of Christ out of school name if you are not going to behave like His children. We are a reflection of Christ and a temple of the Living God. We leave you with blessings and the love of God and prayer towards improvement. Thank you.

Posted August 22, 2013
RCA has been a true blessing to our children's life and education. They have attended this school for 2 years and the progress that they have made educationally as well as spiritually is amazing. The teachers that my children had were very attentive and loving towards them. My daughter had Mrs. Robinson this year and she did an outstanding job teaching her. Later on into the school year Ms. G was co-teaching and she was an added blessing to her learning experience. The two were dynamic and meshed very well in their teaching style as well as discipline. My son had Mrs. Hamlet and Mrs. England. They also did an outstanding job teaching him to read and stay focused. RCA was like a family and I will miss them. Do not rely solely on the teaching and administrative staff for your child to succeed be an involved and active parent when you can, if it's communicating via email or text or their planners, keep a clear line of communication and your child will soar. Thank you all at RCA...may God continue to bless the work that He has called you to do and continue to grow in knowledge and grace.

Posted February 18, 2013
I live in Hendrix Farms! How cool that I can live out here and we have a private school that is so close! Hendrix Farms is a wonder place to rent or buy and some of the best schools in Hoke county are so close to us. RCA has excellent teachers, strong principal, and challenging programs. Praise God!

Posted January 23, 2013
Coming from a school where the principal felt parents should have to sit in seminars on how to raise their children...let me tell you how great RCA is! My son has ADHD and OCD. He has struggled in a large classroom setting. Although his grades were always good, his emotional health was not. At 6 he was diagnosed severely depressed. His teachers (at the other school) used to drop him off at the nurses office for the whole day and forget about him. I have been to the school board and sat in many conferences. He has Mrs. Robinson this year and we love her! She is patient, loves her job and understands. If he is sleepy from adjusting to his medicine she simply lets him lay his head down and finish his work at home. I couldn't ask for a more understanding teacher! Thank you for what you do!

Posted August 28, 2012
God bless you all! I am so happy to see such passion about your children s Christian education. We are passionate too. We are passionate about every child we can reach with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Isn t that what this is all about? I know reading , writing and arithmetic are very important this side of heaven. Lord knows we spend an enormous amount of time on those subjects. The walk on this side of heaven is not easy and should not be attempted alone. We work hard to show our students the way, the truth and the life that is Jesus Christ! Only He is perfect, we are not. RCA as an organization is no different. We have our flaws, imperfections and mistakes but we try. We try to follow Him in all that we do. Please keep posting but before you hit the Submit button take just a moment to read what you wrote. Critique it as Jesus would. Does your posting reflect the basic tenants of your faith and belief in Him? Does it keep with His teachings? Does it measure up to the Words in RED ? What does your posting say about you? By the way - The 4 star rating is not a mistake. We are above average but have a long way to go to become EXCELLENT! We will however "Grow in His Grace" IHS

Rockfish Christian Academy
7604 Rockfish Road, Raeford, NC  28376
Last modified Rockfish Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rockfish Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top