Posted January 07, 2008

Posted November 28, 2007
At Magellan Charter School the teachers care. They challenge students to do their best and are dedicated to giving them the tools they need to succeed. Lessons are well thought out and presented with enthusiasm! Kids know when their teachers care.

Magellan Charter 0

Posted November 27, 2007
I am so impressed with the hands on learning Magellan provides my child. He has learned so much and is excited about school instead of dreading it. The new facility is wonderful, but the people who teach and work there are what make the school so wonderful.

Posted August 30, 2007

Posted May 29, 2007
I am a grandmother to three children who attended Magellan. We happen to be Black. I have only heard rave reviews from the grandchildren and from their parents. The children spoke very positively about the male teacher who taught science using a hands-on, minds-on approach involving inside as well as outside the classroom. Overall, the school must be one worthy of high praise in all areas.

Magellan Charter 4

Posted December 01, 2006
I go to Magellan, and we go on fun field trips a lot and we are active in community service. The only downsides to Magellan include: having to pay for an extracurricular activities you want to do, and being with the same children for five years. I don't want to say that you get sick of seeing the same people for 180 days each year, but that is pretty much what happens.

Posted August 15, 2005
Magellan has given my children a wonderful background and a solid academic basis to succeed in school and in life after graduation from Magellan. My daughter, now a freshman in college, entered Magellan as a bright, but discouraged, shy student. She thrived in the environment where it was 'okay' to be smart and motivated, and blossomed into a self-confident leader. She entered High School very prepared for rigorous academics and now enters college with 21 credit hours and an impressive scholarship. I credit Magellan for stimulating her natural gifts and letting them shine. My son, now an eighth grader at Magellan, is an average to above average student. Magellan allows him to also feel confident in his abilities even though he is not as gifted as his sister. The smaller size has allowed him to enjoy school sports at his level, which is the most important thing to him!

Posted October 19, 2004
I have had two daughters at this school, and my friends can't wait to get their children in. Ask any one about the field trips or voyages, they'll know what i mean, but more than that the teachers truly care about your child's successes. The family atmosphere makes you feel like it is OK to want to learn more and achieve more. Your children are stimulated to think beyond the basic academic boundaries. If your child and even you as a parent want to be challenged to succeed , Magellan is the palce for you.

Posted September 09, 2003
This has been an incredible learning environment for my daughters. I have been impressed with the level of commitment the teachers have to the children and the field trips are so great we have parents fighting to be able to chaperone. Your children will never be the same.

Contact Information

9324 Baileywick Road
Raleigh, NC 27615

School website

Magellan Charter
9324 Baileywick Road, Raleigh, NC  27615
Last modified Magellan Charter is a charter school that serves grades 3-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magellan Charter Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.