Bad
Good

My son has been in Durant Road ES for several months and loves it there. The teachers and the staff seem to love their kob here and pay attention to kids and the parents. The assessments take place every week and each student is challenged at their own pace. It looks like the kids are happy to be there. My son has made great friends and is doing excellent in his studies as well. We feel very lucky to have him in this school.

Great school with wonderful staff! Great teachers and a good amount of parent involvement. Love the front office staff!

i love this s school the staff,the teachers, strong principal every thing is perfect i would like to give it 9 out of ten

My hats go off to the teachers as the handle large classroom sizes (up to 31)! Most discipline is handled in the classrooms from what I can see and have been privy to, as little support is offered by administration. Much of the inappropriate behavior is ignored and appears unreported. I say this because office referral soccer chats and actual reported school data we hear through PTA do not add up the same. If true, is this a conspiracy ! My opinion is the current administration is burned out and/or overwhelmed and not prepared to handle the current population. It is a shame to see great teachers leave this school due to frustrations and little support. Several left mid-year school year 2010/2011. Turn over with assistant principals has been unreasonably high (in last 5 years there have been 6 new faces holding that position). K 5 grades add up to six years; when they are good years they go by quickly the last 3 or 4 on this campus have been well-tolerated by many students and parents, in addition to teachers too afraid to speak up.

My son has been in this school the last year and a half. We've loved the teachers and staff. They seem to truly care about the kids and how they are progressing.

Great school. We have attended since 3rd grade, the leadership is fantastic and teachers seem to really care about the development of their students.

This school is average, but used to be above average. It could be so much better than it currently is. They have made improvements recently, but there is still work to be done.

My daughter has attended Durant since Kindergarten and has just completed 2nd grade. We love it, she has always had wonderful teachers and is well above in her reading level due to her teachers pushing her to read. We are moving this year and I hate the thought of her going to a new school....

This school is simply OK. We moved here in the middle of my daughters 4th grade year and I don't think she's learned much in the last year. The teachers are nice and helpful, but the school is old and run down with lots of trailers for classrooms. I am looking forward to my daughter going to Middle School next year and being out of this school. She is AG and they only offer a 35min. AG pull out program once a week! She is not being as challanged as I would like.

great school teachers are very helpfully in the development of my son

Last modified Durant Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.