Posted June 02, 2014
Great school with wonderful staff! Great teachers and a good amount of parent involvement. Love the front office staff!

Posted April 01, 2013
To me, schools are all about the teachers. The faculty at Durant Road ES is great, I have two children at this school an have had only positive experiences. They treat each student as an individual do lots of great activities to keep learning fun! The school also has tons of fun events and extracurricular activities for students. I recommend this school to anyone! Although I understand it's become hard to get in.

Posted October 08, 2012
i love this s school the staff,the teachers, strong principal every thing is perfect i would like to give it 9 out of ten

Durant Road Elementary 2

Posted August 02, 2011
My hats go off to the teachers as the handle large classroom sizes (up to 31)! Most discipline is handled in the classrooms from what I can see and have been privy to, as little support is offered by administration. Much of the inappropriate behavior is ignored and appears unreported. I say this because office referral soccer chats and actual reported school data we hear through PTA do not add up the same. If true, is this a conspiracy ! My opinion is the current administration is burned out and/or overwhelmed and not prepared to handle the current population. It is a shame to see great teachers leave this school due to frustrations and little support. Several left mid-year school year 2010/2011. Turn over with assistant principals has been unreasonably high (in last 5 years there have been 6 new faces holding that position). K 5 grades add up to six years; when they are good years they go by quickly the last 3 or 4 on this campus have been well-tolerated by many students and parents, in addition to teachers too afraid to speak up.

Durant Road Elementary 4

Posted January 11, 2011
My son has been in this school the last year and a half. We've loved the teachers and staff. They seem to truly care about the kids and how they are progressing.

Posted November 23, 2010
Great school. We have attended since 3rd grade, the leadership is fantastic and teachers seem to really care about the development of their students.

Durant Road Elementary 3

Posted May 25, 2010
This school is average, but used to be above average. It could be so much better than it currently is. They have made improvements recently, but there is still work to be done.

Durant Road Elementary 0

Posted June 30, 2009
My daughter has attended Durant since Kindergarten and has just completed 2nd grade. We love it, she has always had wonderful teachers and is well above in her reading level due to her teachers pushing her to read. We are moving this year and I hate the thought of her going to a new school....

Durant Road Elementary 0

Posted February 23, 2009

Durant Road Elementary 3

Posted January 31, 2009
This school is simply OK. We moved here in the middle of my daughters 4th grade year and I don't think she's learned much in the last year. The teachers are nice and helpful, but the school is old and run down with lots of trailers for classrooms. I am looking forward to my daughter going to Middle School next year and being out of this school. She is AG and they only offer a 35min. AG pull out program once a week! She is not being as challanged as I would like.

Durant Road Elementary
9901 Durant Road, Raleigh, NC  27614
Last modified Durant Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Durant Road Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.