Posted May 09, 2014
Leesville Elementary has a problem with bullies and the staff wants to sweep it under the rug. They refuse to address the real issue and would rather focus on my very angry email. My daughter comes home with bite marks on her arm, is punched in the stomach, and told this boy wants to kill her. I have ZERO support from this school and I am appalled!! Instead I get threatened with having me trespassed off the campus as my child's father already has been. My daughter is being repeatedly assaulted every day and nothing is being done about it!!!

Posted May 26, 2013
The staff at this school is extremely unfriendly. The 2 members of the staff who stand outside every morning and direct the flow of traffic are the most rudest, miserable women that I have encountered with. Being they are the "greeters" of all the drop offs you would expect smiles, waves and friendly "hello's or "good mornings". This has not been the case all year. Don't even bother complaining to the staff. They are just as miserable and easily get annoyed because according to them there is only 2 of them who work in the office and also aid as the nurse! The school would be a much brighter place if the staff would lighten up and remember they work for our children. If they are so miserable with the parents and students maybe they should reconsider working at the school. SMILE, ladies!! Friendly enviornment please! This is an elementary school!

Posted December 19, 2012
I am so glad my son was able to go to this school. We love it here at Leesville and it is much better than Sycamore. Admin staff and teachers are so warm and caring of the students and parents. Very friendly and the teachers care about every student learning.

Posted August 19, 2012
I just got notified that my children have been assigned to Leesville. I am sooo glad. I know from my neighbors that Leesville is far ahead of the new stem schools because they offer courses to challenge their students. The principal is all about the bright child. She has instituted many programs to provide an educational environment that addresses this child's needs. This is the best school in Wake County.

Leesville Road Elementary 2

Posted August 10, 2012
I have a seven year old who will be in the 2nd grade this fall. I am hoping beyond hope that this new teacher will be more pleasant and child oriented than her first grade teacher. Her 1st grade teacher seemed unconcerned, cold and more concerned with children not speaking than in anything they may have to say.I went to lunch several times with my granddaughter and almost had to trip her each time to get her to speak to me or acknowledge my existence. The lax behavior tolerated at school was difficult at best to undo at home. They need more involved, caring teachers who care about the children's future's instead of just collecting a paycheck and dreading their jobs. Believe me it shows up in all sorts of ways loud and clear. Keeping fingers crossed and eyes open for the coming year.

Posted June 01, 2012
I have a 1st grader and a kindergartner going to this school. Thus far it's been a great experience. Both the teachers are wonderful and are focused on teaching and challenging their students. I have seen such an improvement in my children's math and reading skills over the past year. Also, my children are a little shy so their teachers gave them opportunities to be bold and I see the change in their social skills. The parent involvement is great and I would really recommend this school.

Posted May 28, 2012
Leesville Elementary is the best school In WCPSS. I am amazed at what my child has learned this year. He is in Kindergarten and did not know how to read. He is now reading 2nd grade books. Aside from gaining this knowledge, he loves school. He cries when he has to come home. This school is all about the children. The love, compassion and caring that my child receives cannot be compared to any other school. The new Problem -Based Lab started by the principal is an added bonus. It taps into the higher ability child. I am thrilled to be part of the Leesville Family.

Posted September 28, 2010
Leesville Elementary School has a safe learning environment and a challenging curriculum. My children are challenged to extend their thinking skills. The staff is dedicated and the principal is such an asset to the school with her many experiences of an educator. She loves the children. We are fortunate to be part of this learning family.

Posted May 12, 2010
Worst school in history they do not back there terachers or subs at all. Very rude people! I will never send my kids there or even recommend them what so ever. Subs beware They set you up to fail. I seen one person let go for something that they did not warn the sub about. Just saying be careful!

Posted March 11, 2010

Leesville Road Elementary
Pride Way, Raleigh, NC  27613
Last modified Leesville Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leesville Road Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top