Bad
Good

Durant Road Middle 3

Posted April 27, 2016
Spring 2016 :The school is going through a lot of teacher turnover for Fall 2016/Spring 2017 with budget cuts. Also your school experience is different depending on which year round track you are assigned. The core teachers that are affiliated with each track are how you will judge your school experience. Be sure to research the tracks and teachers but know that you may not be guaranteed those teachers with all of the administrative cuts and decisions being made.

Posted August 28, 2015
My son started in 6th grade at Durant Middle School and I have been very pleased thus far. I find that the teachers are VERY involved and responsive. I was impressed when after two weeks, I was contacted to let me know areas in which my son was struggling academically. The teachers took the time to talk with me, discuss strategies to improve performance, etc. The website for the school allows parents and students to see what is required of them for homework, homework is checked daily and graded. Teachers are accessible and responsive and my son has been happy here so far. I commend the public school teachers at Durant for working in a difficult profession, that does not make them rich, and yet they still care about their students and the job they are doing. I would recommend Durant and encourage all parents to be active participants in their children's success at school by reinforcing the teachers' expectations of good behavior in school and academic accountability and performance!

Durant Road Middle 2

Posted April 22, 2014
This is my son's second year at Durant in Track 2 and I have not been impressed at all. There is no communication to the parents about what is going on. The teachers do not give any homework (2 years worth) and they allow them to turn their work in at anytime and get a grade for it. They allow kids to disrupt the class with no punishments.

Durant Road Middle 4

Posted April 14, 2014
School has a some top notch teachers but seems to have a lot of turnover among the teachers.

Posted August 12, 2012
amazing teachers staff enviorment academic tools and the libary rules yah!!!! very good i lovbit

Posted August 06, 2012
I am a track 2 parent and y child just started and i can only say thank you for being such a great school and reaching out to parents and making sure that all kids are successful and that failing is not an option! I thank the staff for for helping my daughter with getting over the sixth grade fears right away! I feel very safe with my child being in your hands all day! Hats off to you! Keep up the great work! God bless!

Durant Road Middle 4

Posted August 02, 2012
as a 7th grade track two student I have to say this school was pretty scary at first, I came from the Country side of NC and this was the city. Right when I walked into my social studies class a student walked up to me and was instantlly my best friend.then in y pre algebra class i made great friends. The teachers are very kind and understanding. I'd recomend my friends to go here. I'm sad because I had to leave Durant due to the assignment plan. I'm not very happy with the school I got. Wake forest rolesville has very bad reviews and Durant has excellent reviews.

Posted July 15, 2012
As a track 4 sixth grader my daughter loves this school! The teachers are excellent and supportive.The resource officer is outstanding with keeping the students in check and Principal Sawyer has very frequent phone "blasts" keeping parents informed of all school activities and pertinent news. I highly recommend this school to anyone considering a year round program. Helen G.

Posted March 30, 2009
My son is in 6th grade on TR1. The teachers are very committed to the students here. They work tirelessly on their lesson plans and on what they can do to make learning interesting. The science teacher has great experiments/labs for the children to do. The social studies teacher has projects that not only teach them the material but gives them a chance to be artistic/creative. The language arts teacher gives tests that really make the kids think instead of just reguratating facts. They offer an advanced math class in 6th grade. Each quarter the teachers have an awards ceremony to recognize achievements of all the children. Is a safe school. The PE offerings are above average. Facility is clean/well kept. The principal/ vice principals have a lot of face-time with students. The electives are lacking. Good communcation from teachers to parents through emails and websites. Uses SPAN for grades.

Posted February 13, 2009
minimal electives for 6th graders is a shame.

10401 Durant Rd, Raleigh, NC  27614
Last modified Durant Road Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.