Raleigh, NC
Students enrolled: 2,273

Posted March 21, 2014
Great staff, great adminstrators, parents and students!!! Has a high academic culture and supportive staff who want to see students do well.

Posted May 30, 2013
My son just finished his last day of high school today. LRHS has been the best educational experience my family has ever had! We moved to this area from central Canada because of the reputation of this High School. The Principal is outstanding, the Teachers are inspiring and I am thrilled that my daughter is here and that my youngest will arrive in 1 year! LRHS is the best High School in NC!

Posted April 23, 2013
We are looking to move from Texas to the area and are deciding on schools. Any updated information?

Posted December 23, 2008
Without a doubt, Leesville is one of the best schools in Wake county. Most teachers encourage growth and diversity in their classrooms, but I can speak only for honors and advanced placement teachers. Advanced, college level classes are available in every core subject in the 11th and 12th grade levels. However, even since I began attending (2006-2007), teacher quality has slightly decreased. More emphasis on testing and standardized examination has taken away from the diversity and unique attributes of classes. I am fearful, however, that this is the case across the board--not just at Leesville. Sports, arts, and extracurricular activities are excellent. Unfortunately, LRHS's principal, Dr. Stephen Gainey, was recently appointed to a position within the school board. Whether or not the next administer will fill his shoes is yet to be determined. I speak for all LRHS students when I say that he will be sorely missed.

Posted October 13, 2008

Posted June 04, 2008
As in response for the review that said there was not a lot of homework and tests: I would agree, SOME teachers do that. But when they do, it just encourages more studying. My honors geometry teacher made me study and do my homework to the point where I felt like I was going to die, but it turned out well. My history teacher rarely checks the homework, but I ended up doing well in that class still. So I will agree, SOME do. But not all, most of them are pretty hard on that. It's not the school's fault, the students still do well in those classes.

Posted September 30, 2007

Posted September 18, 2006
i just moved her too Raleigh and i think that leesville high is a really good school. teachers care aboutt he kids and they keep them all involved. i really enjoy it.

Posted April 09, 2006
It's a great school with a huge variety of courses. The teachers are helpful and understanding. You won't be disappointed if you choose Leesville.

Posted January 19, 2006

Leesville Road High
Pride Way, Raleigh, NC  27613
Last modified Leesville Road High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leesville Road High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top