Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Its not a good school to attend. The staff is unpleasant.

I am very unpleased with this school. My child has an IEP, and the teachers and staff did not help assist him, nor contact me to inform me of his grades. This is not a school you would want your child to attend.

Great staff, great adminstrators, parents and students!!! Has a high academic culture and supportive staff who want to see students do well.

My son just finished his last day of high school today. LRHS has been the best educational experience my family has ever had! We moved to this area from central Canada because of the reputation of this High School. The Principal is outstanding, the Teachers are inspiring and I am thrilled that my daughter is here and that my youngest will arrive in 1 year! LRHS is the best High School in NC!

We are looking to move from Texas to the area and are deciding on schools. Any updated information?

Without a doubt, Leesville is one of the best schools in Wake county. Most teachers encourage growth and diversity in their classrooms, but I can speak only for honors and advanced placement teachers. Advanced, college level classes are available in every core subject in the 11th and 12th grade levels. However, even since I began attending (2006-2007), teacher quality has slightly decreased. More emphasis on testing and standardized examination has taken away from the diversity and unique attributes of classes. I am fearful, however, that this is the case across the board--not just at Leesville. Sports, arts, and extracurricular activities are excellent. Unfortunately, LRHS's principal, Dr. Stephen Gainey, was recently appointed to a position within the school board. Whether or not the next administer will fill his shoes is yet to be determined. I speak for all LRHS students when I say that he will be sorely missed.

As in response for the review that said there was not a lot of homework and tests: I would agree, SOME teachers do that. But when they do, it just encourages more studying. My honors geometry teacher made me study and do my homework to the point where I felt like I was going to die, but it turned out well. My history teacher rarely checks the homework, but I ended up doing well in that class still. So I will agree, SOME do. But not all, most of them are pretty hard on that. It's not the school's fault, the students still do well in those classes.

Last modified Leesville Road High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.