Raleigh, NC
Students enrolled: 1,920

Posted November 02, 2014
We have been very pleased with our sons' experiences at Athens Drive High School. I have a Master's Degree in Education and am currently a Realtor so schools are very important to me for personal reasons and for resale and home value reasons. The STEM program at Athens is exceptional! The teachers are truly caring and supportive and bring out the best in every student. Take the time to truly explore the school and programs and interview faculty and parents. We are fully confident that when our sons graduate, they will be very well equipped and ready for the real world!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 27, 2014
I can't say enough about the excellence of this school. Do your research and learn more!!! STEM and Health Science Academies, 20 AP courses, award winning music and arts programs, SMART Lunch, involved Jaguar Club and PTSA, 60+ clubs, teacher presence during the day and easy access to administration. Caring teachers that engage and challenge students. Don't believe what others who don't know anything about our school say. Do your own research. Your child will be ready and more than prepared for college and life! It was and is the best choice for us!
2 people found this helpful

Athens Drive High 4

Posted October 27, 2014
Our son joined Athens Drive High School his Junior year-which could have been pretty difficult for a high school kid. To our great pleasure he was welcomed with open arms. There were no "clicks" to deal with and he slid right in like he'd been with the students from the beginning. The academic aspect of the school is very impressive. The teachers and administrative staff are there to support the students reach their full potential.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 15, 2014
Athens High provides an education that prepares children for wonderful future endeavors. The teachers genuinely care for the students. The extracurriculars offered here are better than many others. My children thrive here and are setting goals for college.
4 people found this helpful

Athens Drive High 2

Posted August 17, 2014
While there are some hardworking teachers, many are demoralized and insubordinate! This school is not safe...areas that are in serious trouble regarding safety are the lunch room, and school grounds during lunch period, there are fights and the staff can't supervise. Partly because they have one lunch time for the whole school. Also gym activities have quite a bit of violent behavior that is overlooked by staff.
5 people found this helpful

Posted September 12, 2013
ADHS is a hidden gem of a school in WCPSS. Incredible programs such as STEM, Band, Orchestra, Theater, Special Ed and incredibly supportive booster clubs make Athens a great community school. Teachers communicate and offer many opportunities for help outside the classroom. Perfect choice for our children.

Posted July 19, 2013
Wonderful school!!! Both my daughters were well prepared for college and had a realistic view of the world they were entering. Athens Drive was diverse, multicultural, and engaging. The teachers and administration addressed any concerns I had quickly and efficiently. They did not always coddle to me and my kids (just like the real world), but the staff always explained their decisions.

Posted July 16, 2013
Athens Drive HIgh School- We moved to Raleigh in August 2012. We have been very pleased with Athens for our son. Teachers and counselors go above and beyond. An altercation last fall ( which was witnessed by my son and was exaggerated by media) was handled wonderfully and was a .one time occurrence. We are happy to be part of the Athens Drive community. Great school!

Athens Drive High 1

Posted September 11, 2012
This school is very unsafe and has a history of fights. Today there were a total of 10 fights in a 15 minute period at lunch. It even made the news. You can find it on Wral.com search "Athens Drive High School." So glad I transferred my son.
6 people found this helpful

Athens Drive High 3

Posted May 07, 2012
Very professional and responsive school administrators. Good course selections and attention to students who are average rather than simply focusing on the AP course crowd. Have been very pleased with the experience we've had in two years here. Parent involvement is strong and there is a full range of award-winning activities from sports to music. Proud to call this my neighborhood school after many happy years in magnets and schools of choice.

Athens Drive High
1420 Athens Drive, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Athens Drive High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Athens Drive High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top