Posted September 12, 2013
ADHS is a hidden gem of a school in WCPSS. Incredible programs such as STEM, Band, Orchestra, Theater, Special Ed and incredibly supportive booster clubs make Athens a great community school. Teachers communicate and offer many opportunities for help outside the classroom. Perfect choice for our children.

Posted July 19, 2013
Wonderful school!!! Both my daughters were well prepared for college and had a realistic view of the world they were entering. Athens Drive was diverse, multicultural, and engaging. The teachers and administration addressed any concerns I had quickly and efficiently. They did not always coddle to me and my kids (just like the real world), but the staff always explained their decisions.

Posted July 16, 2013
Athens Drive HIgh School- We moved to Raleigh in August 2012. We have been very pleased with Athens for our son. Teachers and counselors go above and beyond. An altercation last fall ( which was witnessed by my son and was exaggerated by media) was handled wonderfully and was a .one time occurrence. We are happy to be part of the Athens Drive community. Great school!

Athens Drive High 1

Posted September 11, 2012
This school is very unsafe and has a history of fights. Today there were a total of 10 fights in a 15 minute period at lunch. It even made the news. You can find it on Wral.com search "Athens Drive High School." So glad I transferred my son.

Athens Drive High 3

Posted May 07, 2012
Very professional and responsive school administrators. Good course selections and attention to students who are average rather than simply focusing on the AP course crowd. Have been very pleased with the experience we've had in two years here. Parent involvement is strong and there is a full range of award-winning activities from sports to music. Proud to call this my neighborhood school after many happy years in magnets and schools of choice.

Posted May 06, 2012
My son has had a great year at Athens. We were concerned coming in from a private school that the adjustment would be difficult. Thanks to the caring staff and great teachers the change proved to be a good one.

Posted March 13, 2010
Athens is a great school. Teachers are very tough, but they ultimatly do help the kids excel. Their are very few discipline problems now that redistricting has occurred and my child feels very safe. Even acdemic classes are difficult and challanging. I would send any kid that would like to learn here.

Posted February 17, 2010
Excellent and professional staff. I never have a concern about safety for the students. The curriculum is excellent for college prep. Many extracurricular activities which interest most students. Great learning and yes social environment.

Athens Drive High 4

Posted February 03, 2010
The staff is very experienced and can handle a wide variety of students. Parents and students are involved and care about each other. Academics and extra-cirricular activities abound to challenge students. Love it!

Athens Drive High 4

Posted February 02, 2010
Athens Drive has just been listed on the 2010 'America's Best High Schools'. The staff is excellent and work together to provide a good learning environment. It has a diverse population which prepares students for the real world - I have had 3 children attend & have been pleased with their educational opportunities. Excellent music and sports programs, award winning band and strong parent support.

Athens Drive High
1420 Athens Drive, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Athens Drive High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Athens Drive High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.