Raleigh, NC

Brentwood Elementary 2

Posted June 12, 2015
Avoid this school if you can there are too many others in the area that are much better Since K we have had one semi decent year Don't get blown away by their program because only the really gifted kids get to participate in these engineer classes The tests scores are a joke We can't wait to move away from this school and don't even get me started on the principle Only staying because of the middle school pathway Fingers crossed

Posted March 20, 2015
My children have been attending Brentwood since 2009, when it became a magnet school for Engineering. We have been very satisfied with our experience. The school is small(around 430 students) compared to most Wake County Schools, and class sizes are typically around 18 students. The STEM lab, in my opinion, is unlike anything you'll find at any other school. Brentwood prepared my oldest child well for middle school, because he is making A/B honor roll in top classes for 6th grade. I highly recommend Brentwood.

Posted March 09, 2015
I LOVE Brentwood Magnet Elementary School of Engineering. I was a little hesitant at first, because it was a new magnet, and schools become magnets because they are failing. But, WOW, have I been impressed. The teachers are passionate; the kindergarten and first grade teachers actually designed their own engineering curriculums to mimic the ones designed by NCSU for grades 2-5. When Common Core came, they were already more than prepared for the different ways of teaching our kids. My son is challenged and loves to learn; my house is covered in his 'creations.' A new STEM charter school was actually targeting Brentwood teachers last year, trying to lure them away. The school seems to be well-run; the teachers are confident about their jobs and the students are pretty well-behaved, which says a lot. Apparently, students were tasked with designing ways to make it easier and safer to traverse the school, and they came up with the idea of putting gear spots in different places, so the class leader would know when to stop in the hall. The principal and assistant principal can also be seen around the school, keeping things in order. I'm so glad that I chose Brentwood for my son.

Brentwood Elementary 1

Posted June 24, 2014
I had to take my kid out of this school, because no one care they show one face in the beginning, but then if you go with a problem is not there problem, so they don't care. NO HELP. Be careful...

Brentwood Elementary 4

Posted January 10, 2014
Brentwood Elementary School has made tremendous strides in every aspect in the past few years. The enthusiasm and caring the teachers and staff express is evident. Everyone has been pleasant and positive and my son has had a great experience attending school at Brentwood Elementary. This is a Magnet Engineering school and the Engineering Fair the school had in the Fall 2013 was exceptional. He is learning and happy and not stressed or pressured. We are very pleased with what Brentwood Elementary Magnet School has to offer. - KC

Brentwood Elementary 1

Posted June 19, 2011
Brentwood Elementery has become a joke. They have gotten rid of their best teachers because they have a biased administration. They currently have a fifth grade teacher that is a very poor role model for students.

Posted November 18, 2007
Great school,good teachers that are always there when our childrens need they help. Discipline,mental self-control and learning is very important in a class of schoolchildren. Safe school is also very important to me. I want my son to be and feel safe inside school and on the school bus.Thanks these is a good school and I know that it's going to be the greatest school ever.

Brentwood Elementary

Posted August 09, 2007
My daughter had the teacher who was Teacher of the year 2006. She did not return in 2007 nor did the principal. My daughter's 2007 year has been a great disappointment. The quality of the staff has changed dramatically.

Posted July 09, 2006
A second-grade teacher here was named Wake County Teacher of the Year, 2006. It is a great school with knowledgeable and dedicated teachers. Highly recommended.

Brentwood Elementary
3426 Ingram Drive, Raleigh, NC  27604
Last modified Brentwood Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brentwood Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top