Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Brentwood Elementary 5

Posted June 12, 2016
I had the pleasure of teaching at Brentwood for the past three years but am relocating to another town due to my husband's job. I love the Brentwood community so much! My students, and especially their parents, were my favorite part of the job. I loved seeing my students' smiling faces every morning and having the privilege of being their teacher. I felt very supported and loved by parents as I tried to keep them in the loop and meet their children's individual needs. This is a community that cares about its children. I really enjoyed working with Mr. Epler, Mr. Fitts, and the other teachers as we worked hard and pushed ourselves to become better educators. I would highly recommend Brentwood Elementary, and I will miss it so much.

Brentwood Elementary 5

Posted May 27, 2016
This is a great school! The staff is loving/caring and professional. The students are super sweet. My child has been here for 3 years and LOVES everything about it. I am thankful that my family is apart of the Brentwood Family! If you are looking for a great educational experience then check it out! The STEM program is an amazing way for children to learn hands on in the classroom and the STEM labs.

Brentwood Elementary 2

Posted April 27, 2016
Classrooms are not diverse at all. The teachers spend more time worried about behavior through the class dojo program, rather than accessing the chillds individual needs. I do not recommend this school at all! Teachers think they are parents and fail to perform their job properly. It's like as long a they get a paycheck who cares about the child. I absolutely can't wait to remove my child from this school!!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 27, 2016
Ms. Mullins has always been so great and interacts with all students. Mrs. Wilson is also a great teacher! Thank you ladies!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 19, 2016
Mr. Williams the janitor! You are awesome to acknowledge children that do not belong to you or teach.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted March 19, 2016
Teachers do not care enough to worry about the well being of a child. They focus on a child's behavior oppose to why the child has behavior issues and how to solve them.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted March 19, 2016
There is not enough one on one help. 20-26 students in the classroom, budget cuts...where is the support coming from?

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted March 19, 2016
My son does not do the pledge of allegiance and for that he was punished. His teacher took points away from him each time he did not pledge. Unethical behavior but I can say things have improved in that area as I went and spoke to the principal about it.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted March 19, 2016
Some of the staff do care and ironically that staff is maintenance. When my son needs someone he can talk to or someone he can relate with it's the maintenance man that will take the time and listen to what my son has to say and will take into consideration his perspective on issues.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted March 19, 2016
Not fairness to the child because children are not always able to express themselves accordingly and the administration and teachers will take that as a misbehaved child.

3426 Ingram Drive, Raleigh, NC  27604
Last modified Brentwood Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.