Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I had the pleasure of teaching at Brentwood for the past three years but am relocating to another town due to my husband's job. I love the Brentwood community so much! My students, and especially their parents, were my favorite part of the job. I loved seeing my students' smiling faces every morning and having the privilege of being their teacher. I felt very supported and loved by parents as I tried to keep them in the loop and meet their children's individual needs. This is a community that cares about its children. I really enjoyed working with Mr. Epler, Mr. Fitts, and the other teachers as we worked hard and pushed ourselves to become better educators. I would highly recommend Brentwood Elementary, and I will miss it so much.

This is a great school! The staff is loving/caring and professional. The students are super sweet. My child has been here for 3 years and LOVES everything about it. I am thankful that my family is apart of the Brentwood Family! If you are looking for a great educational experience then check it out! The STEM program is an amazing way for children to learn hands on in the classroom and the STEM labs.

Classrooms are not diverse at all. The teachers spend more time worried about behavior through the class dojo program, rather than accessing the chillds individual needs. I do not recommend this school at all! Teachers think they are parents and fail to perform their job properly. It's like as long a they get a paycheck who cares about the child. I absolutely can't wait to remove my child from this school!!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers do not care enough to worry about the well being of a child. They focus on a child's behavior oppose to why the child has behavior issues and how to solve them.

Develops character: Disagree

Not fairness to the child because children are not always able to express themselves accordingly and the administration and teachers will take that as a misbehaved child.

The staff at Brentwood has changed drastically and not for the better at least not what I have experienced. This school used to stand out for its originality and diversity. The teachers used to actually care about the child's education, now it is more so a pay check job. The teachers at Brentwood are at the survival stage...Teaching becomes a matter of getting through one day after another and holding on till paycheck day. The children that may have behavior issues or develop learning skills not quick enough are cast as a burden and there is no real one on one support to help the child succeed. This lack of support needs to be addressed or children can fall through the cracks and no one will even notice. The education system at Brentwood are too focused on preparing children for standardized test/EOG oppose to preparing children for the life skills they will need to survive in this complex world. Every domain needs to be addressed for the future, which are the children. I guess I can't put the blame solely on the teachers because they are over worked and under paid. Politicians that have no clue of what it takes to be in a classroom are implementing what they deem will be best for children. The whole public school education system needs a do over or our children will feel the burden of being miss educated and miss guided.

Avoid this school if you can there are too many others in the area that are much better Since K we have had one semi decent year Don't get blown away by their program because only the really gifted kids get to participate in these engineer classes The tests scores are a joke We can't wait to move away from this school and don't even get me started on the principle Only staying because of the middle school pathway Fingers crossed

My children have been attending Brentwood since 2009, when it became a magnet school for Engineering. We have been very satisfied with our experience. The school is small(around 430 students) compared to most Wake County Schools, and class sizes are typically around 18 students. The STEM lab, in my opinion, is unlike anything you'll find at any other school. Brentwood prepared my oldest child well for middle school, because he is making A/B honor roll in top classes for 6th grade. I highly recommend Brentwood.

I LOVE Brentwood Magnet Elementary School of Engineering. I was a little hesitant at first, because it was a new magnet, and schools become magnets because they are failing. But, WOW, have I been impressed. The teachers are passionate; the kindergarten and first grade teachers actually designed their own engineering curriculums to mimic the ones designed by NCSU for grades 2-5. When Common Core came, they were already more than prepared for the different ways of teaching our kids. My son is challenged and loves to learn; my house is covered in his 'creations.' A new STEM charter school was actually targeting Brentwood teachers last year, trying to lure them away. The school seems to be well-run; the teachers are confident about their jobs and the students are pretty well-behaved, which says a lot. Apparently, students were tasked with designing ways to make it easier and safer to traverse the school, and they came up with the idea of putting gear spots in different places, so the class leader would know when to stop in the hall. The principal and assistant principal can also be seen around the school, keeping things in order. I'm so glad that I chose Brentwood for my son.

I had to take my kid out of this school, because no one care they show one face in the beginning, but then if you go with a problem is not there problem, so they don't care. NO HELP. Be careful...

Last modified Brentwood Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.