Posted June 10, 2013
There are a lot of school options in Wake County. I have fallen in love with Brooks and so has my child. This school has great staff and a lot of volunteers. If I had a complaint, it would be that it is not year round, and that is more a preference than complaint.

Posted June 03, 2011
My son is now finishing 2nd grade at Brooks, been there since Kindergarten - I absolutely love this place! Parents are very involved, and a recent tragedy of two students dying in a horrible tornado outbreak bonded the school community together event tighter. A wonderful school, I can whole-heartedly recommend!

Brooks Elementary 0

Posted March 24, 2008
My children went to kindergarten at Brooks as part of the magnet program. Their teachers were absolutely fantastic. They cared about the kids and challenged them appropriately. The principal, however, was completely unwilling to address or even discuss, some significant concerns I had. Her refusal to listen to my concerns, coupled with the refusal of the guidance counselor to even respond to an e-mail, led to us removing our children from the magnet program. They are very happy at their base school this year.

Posted October 13, 2007
I am the grandmother of 2 gransons that go to the school. I like the safety rule. How they dont come out till they know there rides there from car pool. Very good

Posted August 20, 2007
Incredible school for all children and their learning styles. Brooks Museums Magnet have a welcoming staff and PTA, wonderful community involvement and hands down is the best elementary school in Wake County!

Posted August 20, 2007
Our daughter is a rising 2nd grader at Brooks and we have been very happy with her teachers, the administrative staff and her progress both academically and socially. We only have one child so I can't compare Brooks to other schools but I do know that I came into public school somewhat reluctantly; however, based on our experience at Brooks we are extremely pleased!!! We also have an incredibly dedicated PTA community that genuinely cares about each and every child at our school!

Brooks Elementary 3

Posted October 30, 2005
I feel that the staff at this school is uncaring and unfeeling. I pulled my child from this school because the teacher refused to take time with her. The administrative was not attentive to my childs needs. I feel that if you have to send your child to this school you need to assure that you are on top of their teacher at all times. They have exceeded in achieving the standards more in a militant way than a loving one.

Posted May 20, 2005
Excellent school with excellent administrators! The transformation since Felicia Locklear arrived has been nothing short of amazing. The children are actively engaged in learning and are developing a passion to be life-long learners! I have also watched the growth of parent involvement over the last 4 years as well. This year's PTA was amazing and next year's group of leaders should be even better! Sorry to say we are moving on to middle school.

Brooks Elementary
700 Northbrook Drive, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified Brooks Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooks Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.