Posted October 29, 2012
i have gone to Carroll middle all three years and it has gotten better and better. my first year was not very good. the principal didn't seem to care at all but since we've gotten our new one, the teachers seem to care more, she's more involved, there are more after school programs, and it's just gotten better overall. I actually like going to school now!

Carroll Middle 3

Posted June 27, 2012
My son attended Carroll for two years. I wouldn't say that it was an awful experience but it wasn't great either. I work, was able to volunteer four times a week at the school and I saw A LOT that went on. I proctored during my son's last year and I believe that the main reason why test scores are so low is because the kids just don't take it serious at all. It was a complete nightmare. I try not to take online reviews so to heart because sometimes people exaggerate. But what has been said here is so true. WRAL did a piece about violent middle schools and Carroll made #8. I've never witnessed violence but there was a teacher who tried to break up a fight and she ended up in the hospital. About two years ago, they had drug sniffing dogs on campus - I still have the email. My son has told me that kids in fact use drugs on campus and at the bus stop. I think more parents need to get involved. It's kind of lame seeing the same faces all the time. The Administration can and should do better.

Posted June 26, 2012
I had to move due to my husband's job, but I was most disappointed to leave Carroll. The administration was a true pleasure to work with and I felt supported and encouraged by the staff and parents to go the extra mile to improve the quality of educational experience for all of my students. I feel strongly that this school is an excellent work environment for effective and dynamic teachers.

Posted February 02, 2012
This school is great! The afterschool programs are increasing and the teachers are hardworking, understanding, and they seem to love kids. This school is definitely going in the right place. The new administrative staff is working hard to insure that the school is working proficiently and constructively.

Posted November 05, 2011
This is our second year at Carroll and it keeps getting better. The change in principal, a new assistant principal, and selected staff facelift has made Carroll a rejuvenated, enthusiastic environment. A much improved reward system and great after school clubs have brought a new since of community. Most teachers are approachable and interested in making the students experience fulfilling. I am also very excited to see the large numbers of PTA members (including a large number of staff) and parent volunteers making Carroll a school not to be dismissed as your middle school preference. posted by an involved wcpss parent

Posted November 05, 2011
Carroll is on the rise. Great new principal, focused instruction, dedicated staff, and students being held accountable for good behavior and academics. In addition, the staff at Carroll is committed to offering many new clubs and activities which are boosting school spirit as well as providing fabulous student opportunities: Science Olympiad, Glee Club, Drama/Theater Club, Chess Club, Student Council, etc. This is a school to watch and get excited about. I believe test scores will head upward as the ship begins to turn under the excellent leadership now in place.

Posted November 05, 2011
My child is attending 8th grade at Carroll after homeschooling for the past 2 years. I can honestly say that the school is making a tremendous effort in getting itself on track. The new principal is so positvie and energetic, as well as the staff. It's encouraging to see more parent involvement as well. We look forward to a great year!

Carroll Middle 5

Posted October 27, 2011
I am a 6th grader at Carroll Middle School and I disagree with the negative reviews below. I love this school. There have only been two fights this yearl but nothing big compared to other schools. It is really fun. I love my electives. It really isn't that bad. I say this is a good school and shouldnt have a rating of 3 out of 10. I'm doing good in my classes and i believe those scores will go up this year. There are alot of smart people too. I also think the students are doing their work (this year) and there isn't really anything to worry about. We learn a whole lot in a short period of time.

Carroll Middle 3

Posted March 06, 2011
Carroll is working hard to get the students to do their work. Since January we have been having iterim principals. With our old principals we had nothing done about fights, bullying, bus troubles, and teachers. We now have new teachers more students are getting work done. I hope now with a new principal we get our test scores up and meet state average or higher.

Carroll Middle 5

Posted March 01, 2011
Carroll has a bad reputation so I was worried about this school. However, my kids are doing well. They have a lot more chances to participate in school activities than at their former larger school. Also, there seems to be less of a problem with cliques since the affluent snobs go to other schools.

Contact Information

4520 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27609

School website

Carroll Middle
4520 Six Forks Road, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified Carroll Middle is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carroll Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.