Posted June 03, 2014
combs elementary school is an excellent school for children as well as for preschool. i love combs

Posted March 18, 2014
What a wonderful school! Combs Elementary has been instrumental in my child's success. The respect, kindness, love and leadership that staff and students show one another is remarkable. I only wish I had been so lucky as a child. I know my children will be prepared to go to the next level and continue to succeed in whatever path they choose.

Posted November 21, 2013
My son has been at Combs since kindergarten. He is now in 5th grade and we have loved every year we have been there. The staff go well above and beyond to help the kids. They love the kids at the school and you will find them telling the children all the time that they "love" them. There needs to be more leadership schools just like Combs! We are sad that this is our last year.

Combs Elementary 4

Posted October 25, 2013
Both my daughters attend A B Combs, they love it there. They are always learning about leadership roles and responsibility. I'm very pleased to send my children to Combs elementary

Posted December 07, 2011
I love AB Combs. My son has been there since Kindergarten. He is now in 4th grade. We have had our challenges in that he was first diagnosed with AD/HD and later with high functioning autism. The principal and teacher's have always been supportive and helpful. I'm grateful my children are learning the 7 habits which are normally taught to executives at corporate training seminars. All of the teachers get to go to the training too which is awesome. Read the book and you'll understand.

Combs Elementary 3

Posted November 16, 2010
No school is perfect and Combs is no exception. It's a nice school, but not without its issues. Inexperienced teachers lacking self-confidence can develop misunderstandings with parents. The administration will back the teachers up no matter what. There's an unwillingness to acknowledge fault or shortcomings on their part. The praise this school has received seems to have gone to their heads a bit. Be sure to document everything, especially if you have a child with special needs. Also, ask if your child's teacher has experience teaching children with your child's special need to hopefully avoid problems later. I think this school has some very good teachers, but some could improve with better training on dealing with certain types of students and in dealing sensitively with parents. The administration could definitely learn to deal more sensitively with parents and learn to acknowledge their school is not perfect----there is always room for improvement!

Posted May 18, 2010
As soon as you walk through the doors at Combs, you know you are some place special. I love when my son tells me he is 'synergizing' with his brother at home, or 'putting first things first'. He is learning leadership qualities that he will take with him for the rest of his life. Teaching children that they are leaders.... is priceless.

Posted May 13, 2010
By far the best public elementary school I have seen. Their emphasis on self discipline and achievement through the Covey Leadership habits is as seamless and invisible to the students as it is effective. And it is incredibly effective! Using these tools the teachers and staff at Combs were able to channel my sons energy and charismatic style into a leadership role rather than seeing it as a problem to be controlled. My daughters kindergarten classroom is doing work that my son recognized from mid-way through first grade without losing any of the fun that year of school. I cannot say enough good things about this school.

Posted May 13, 2010
AB Combs is a wonderful school. The Leadership model is a priceless learning tool that enhances both the kids' educations and their leadership skills for life. We are so happy to be part of the Combs family.

Posted May 13, 2010
The teachers and staff are phenomenal! We are so lucky our son is able to learn at such a wonderful place and from such talented individuals. Combs prepares our kids to be confident respectful leaders. A++

Combs Elementary
2001 Lorimer Road, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Combs Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Combs Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top