Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We have two children that attended Conn. One is now in middle school and the other in 3rd grade. Conn has allowed my children opportunities to learn outside of just the prescribed curriculum. The integration of art, dance, drama, music, and entrepreneurial design has given them a more diverse learning experience.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Wake County should follow other progressive school systems, like NYC, where elementary students are not given homework (latest research shows it offers no benefit in early grades).

Conn has been a super fit for my kindergartner and second grader (both boys). I love that while the school is STEM-oriented, they also offer focus areas in art, music, dance (they have a dance studio!), Spanish, drama, and PE. The teachers and staff go out of their way to offer enrichment. STEM night, with students and faculty from NC State is amazing. Literacy night, author visits, arts excursions, and an end-of-year CONNival are also highlights. The Junior Explorers program gives kids a chance to be challenged in the early grades before AIG testing. And, as another reviewer said, the students and staff reflect the diversity of our community. It's a wonderful environment for both academic and social-emotional development. We are a base family and are so glad we decided to stick with Conn!

Conn Elementary is a wonderful school! The teachers, administration and staff are exceptional. They challenge my children and provide them with a very nurturing classroom environment. I love that my kids go to a school where the diversity of the community is represented in the classroom. I appreciate that my kids have access to the Arts - drama, music, dance, art, etc etc! The teachers amaze us with their ability to work with many children at different levels of academic ability and keep them all challenged and thriving! We love the school, the community and the staff.

We have had a great experience at Conn! Both my 3rd grader and Kindergartner love this school. They have had great teachers who challenge and inspire them. The specials teachers, support staff and media specialists are wonderful as well. They love the full arts programs and the active learning component makes learning fun. Conn also has a great community we are happy to be a part of.

We have been very happy with our experience at Conn. My son is in 4th grade and we are a magnet family - we chose Conn for its active learning and technology themes. Conn is now a 1 to 1 technology school - students have daily access to iPads. I have found the learning engaging for my son. The teachers and administrators care and are invested in the students. We have found a community here, and we will be sad to leave after my son graduates next year!

Conn has moved to a 1:1 technology school and creating opportunities for the students to use that technology with corporations enhancing coding skills and STEM curriculum. The project-based theme keeps my son interested in learning new concepts while researching his interests. Our teachers have been good through third grade, but communication could be improved. As a PTA parent, the parent support network is great for both base and magnet families.

one of the best elementary school in raleigh is conn elementary school. conn is a good school.

Free & Reduced Rate is VERY high. English as a second language is high as well.

I have to totally disagree with the previous post about the admin staff at Conn. The new principal has been a freshing scent of fresh air that this school has needed for a LONG time. There has been very positive changes at the school from new structures with communications, teacher and parent accountablilty, and most of all an INSTRUCTIONAL leader who cares about raising the bar for all at the school. It saddens me that someone will take the time to bash a person who is very positive, willing to listen, knows the kids, supports his teachers, and most of all accessible to parents. I remember very clearly with the previous principal never being able to access her or bring any new ideas to the table. We ALL know that this is happening now. We as parents need to focus on what is going right for a change and be thankful that we have a principal who cares about our kids and wants to do things right. I have also spoken to staff and they love all the changes, they feel supported now more than ever, and love coming to work each day and their unity shows. Again we have to trust in our leaders that the changes in place whether its programs or staff are in the best interest of the children.

Last modified Conn Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.