Raleigh, NC

Posted January 29, 2015
We have had a great experience at Conn! Both my 3rd grader and Kindergartner love this school. They have had great teachers who challenge and inspire them. The specials teachers, support staff and media specialists are wonderful as well. They love the full arts programs and the active learning component makes learning fun. Conn also has a great community we are happy to be a part of.

Posted January 11, 2015
We have been very happy with our experience at Conn. My son is in 4th grade and we are a magnet family - we chose Conn for its active learning and technology themes. Conn is now a 1 to 1 technology school - students have daily access to iPads. I have found the learning engaging for my son. The teachers and administrators care and are invested in the students. We have found a community here, and we will be sad to leave after my son graduates next year!

Conn Elementary 4

Posted January 08, 2015
Conn has moved to a 1:1 technology school and creating opportunities for the students to use that technology with corporations enhancing coding skills and STEM curriculum. The project-based theme keeps my son interested in learning new concepts while researching his interests. Our teachers have been good through third grade, but communication could be improved. As a PTA parent, the parent support network is great for both base and magnet families.

Posted June 03, 2014
one of the best elementary school in raleigh is conn elementary school. conn is a good school.

Conn Elementary 3

Posted May 12, 2014
Free & Reduced Rate is VERY high. English as a second language is high as well.

Posted October 05, 2013
I have to totally disagree with the previous post about the admin staff at Conn. The new principal has been a freshing scent of fresh air that this school has needed for a LONG time. There has been very positive changes at the school from new structures with communications, teacher and parent accountablilty, and most of all an INSTRUCTIONAL leader who cares about raising the bar for all at the school. It saddens me that someone will take the time to bash a person who is very positive, willing to listen, knows the kids, supports his teachers, and most of all accessible to parents. I remember very clearly with the previous principal never being able to access her or bring any new ideas to the table. We ALL know that this is happening now. We as parents need to focus on what is going right for a change and be thankful that we have a principal who cares about our kids and wants to do things right. I have also spoken to staff and they love all the changes, they feel supported now more than ever, and love coming to work each day and their unity shows. Again we have to trust in our leaders that the changes in place whether its programs or staff are in the best interest of the children.

Conn Elementary 3

Posted October 01, 2013
This school offers a lot of great programs and classes for the children such as tap dancing, keyboarding and spanish classes. The class size is relatively small (20-25 students/teacher). However following the change in administration I have to admit that I am less than thrilled with the school. A number of well known and liked teachers were transferred or requested transfers out of the school. The staff has verbalized their unhappiness with the administration to parents. Teachers have been seen yelling at children to the point that parents stop, look and cringe. Some teachers and administrators even talk to the parents in a disrespectful and child-like manner. From Kindergarten to second grade I had no major complaints but now I am looking to transfer my son out of the school. I am sure MANY will disagree with my review however I am imply stating what I have heard and seen with my own ears and two eyes.

Posted November 09, 2012
I don't know why Conn only gets a 5 out of 10. We've been at Conn for 6 yrs now and love it! We are looking to move soon, and I struggle greatly with truly wanting them to stay at Conn and just making the big drive, or having to put them in a new school. Conn has become our 2nd home and we are so comfortable there. All the teachers are wonderful!

Posted May 24, 2011
Conn has been a fantastic school in meeting the needs of my two very different children. It feels like a much smaller school than it really is - the principal and staff know every child by name, and there is strong support from families and the surrounding community. The teachers are enthusiastic, effective and very responsive. Children learn respect and responsibility, and school pride is evident everywhere you go. I love the ways in which upper grade students mentor children in lower grades. Academics are challenging, and children can start working with the AG teacher as early as kindergarten. My children find the "active learning" modules to be very engaging, and it eliminates my concerns about teaching for test scores. The performing arts and PE programs are amazing; however, visual art is disappointing, particularly for a magnet school. (And parents here care very much about that.) All in all, though, Conn is a gem, and I very enthusiastically support it. The teachers, administrators and staff genuinely care about students' academic and social development, and we don't think we'd find a better environment for our children.

Posted March 24, 2011
Why this school is rated 3 out of 10, I have NO idea. I absolutely LOVE this school. My kids LOVE this school! The teachers and staff are phenomenal. They truly take interest in the kids and are very interactive. I absolutely adore the principal, assistant principal, custodians, everyone. I have never been so delighted by an elementary school. A variety of learning styles are supported and each child may learn differently, but they find each child's learning style and build upon it. I could go on and on for days about this school. Lots of parental involvement. I have yet to find one negative thing about this school. Onsite beforecare and aftercare programs are very organized. Drama, dance, gymnastics, tap dancing, you name it. They have a variety of programs for the children. I have no concerns about safety, disciplinary issues, etc.

Conn Elementary
1220 Brookside Drive, Raleigh, NC  27604
Last modified Conn Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Conn Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top