Daniels Middle 2

Posted April 11, 2012
I am very disappointed with my son's first year in Middle School at Daniels! I have always been a very involved parent since my kids started school. When I first walked into the front office at Daniels it was so cold and the front office person was not friendly at all. I understand that in 6th grade the staff expect the students to be more mature and independent, but there is almost no contact with the teachers unless you initiate it. I emailed my son's team leader about scheduling a conference and it took almost a month to get it set-up. I can honestly say that I am not at all thrilled with this school so far this year.

Posted December 13, 2011
This school is a ITB, clicky school, and huge so for someone that needs a smaller community and surrounding i do not reccommend this school but overall, the teachers are okay, could be a little more challenging, the electives are great along with sports, but the surrounding of people is definately not the best..

Posted June 24, 2011
I have had two children at Daniels, which is best characterized as an elite, inside the Beltline neighborhood school. (It is no longer a magnet.) We transferred in at 7th grade and found the school to be superior to our other magnet choice. Our child was challenged academically and given support when struggling or challenged to take more advanced classes without our having to ask. Classrooms are orderly. Problem students tend to be removed from class so learning can continue. Quite a few male teachers here, rare these days. Teaching expertise varies here as anywhere. Our second child has had engaged teachers with high expectations and at least one who gave credit for merely turning in homework regardless of accuracy. Counselors have been accessible and excellent, although I can say that transitional counseling to high school is heavily weighted toward Broughton, for which Daniels is a feeder school. Overall, Daniels is a superior learning community. An involved parent can advocate for their child and get results. Extracurricular activities (sports, fine arts presentations, student recognition programs are high quality. Your experience here will be what you make it.

Daniels Middle 1

Posted April 04, 2011
My child attended this school for sixth and part of seventh grade. The low academic expectations, poor administrative leadership, and lack of respect adults showed children of all backgrounds was very disappointing. We have since moved schools and the curriculum is a good year ahead of what Daniels offered (despite my child being in the top academic courses at DMS). We are surprised that an Inside the Beltline school demonstrates only mediocrity at best.

Posted April 24, 2010
Great adminsitration, excellent teachers, overall good functioning school for many years.

Posted March 09, 2010
We moved here from NYC. My oldest daughter was entering middle school and we found Daniels. This has been a really positive experience overall. My daughter made friends easily and continues to build friendships at Daniels. The teachers provide ample means for communication and offer help when needed. Some of the classes could be a bit more challenging, but I have enjoyed watching my daughter really put effort into her work at Daniels. My youngest daughter is looking forward to being there next year!

Posted February 02, 2010

Posted November 14, 2009
I love this school my time here could not have been any better I will be sad when I have to leave.

Posted October 11, 2009
I love this school. I have made great friends with the kids and the teachers. I love it, everyone is nice and no one will leave you behind.

Posted October 06, 2009

Contact Information

2816 Oberlin Road
Raleigh, NC 27608

School website

Daniels Middle
2816 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, NC  27608
Last modified Daniels Middle is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daniels Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.